Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - News! 5/5/2006

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

There's a new excerpt from Twelve Sharp up on Janet's website. Check it out. It introduces a new character. :shock:

I'm so looking forward to this book. I want to find out what happens next!
<center>Image</center>
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

So I'm re-reading the whole series again and I'm starting to really like Joe Morelli. I mean I thought he was hot to begin with but now I'm just thinking, 'Stephanie! Marry the man!' :lol:
<center>Image</center>
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

i was in college and a house mate lent me one and that 6,7 yrs ago. i think it was book 5 or 6. but ranger was already the cool mysterious guy. i never went back and read the beginning. but i think i will now. i think my favorite scene outside of the grandma mazer moments. was when stephanie found ranger's place. hmmm who to play him. i honest;y don't think anyone they choosse for these roles will live up to the characters as we have them playing around in our heads. and i think he's the hardest to cast. he's funny and hot. but not a slime ball. dangerous yet safe. i'm not really sure there is anyone out these days thay fits the bill. maybe a fresh face for his part. he reminds me a bit of the the shadow meets connery bond, with jagger from gh (antonio sabto jr), michael from nikkita, with jason and sonny from gh. morelli maybe dean cain.
Roselle
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

i though tof someone who cpuld play ranger...only problem is they aren't real. roarke from roberts in death series.
Roselle
SagiBecca
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by SagiBecca »

What are these books about?
why am i even here?
life is .................................. meaningless.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

SagiBecca wrote:What are these books about?
The series is about a bumbling bounty hunter named Stephanie Plum and the hilarious characters she encounters through her investigations. It's part mystery, part comedy. You'll definitely pee your pants laughing.

There are 11 books in the series so far (12 come June 20th). If you'd like to know more about the series check out Janet Evanovich's website, where you can read excerpts from each novel.
<center>Image</center>
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I adore Stephanie Plum! I'm only a recent convert but after reading the first three books, I went out and bought the rest of the series so far (reading Four To Score now). I'm firmly entrenched in Team Morelli too, Ranger's cool and all for a fling but she's better suited to Joe for anything more serious. A gut feeling I have tells me that Janet will end the series with Stephanie getting together with Morelli permanently.

The Max/Michael - Morelli/Ranger comparison is funny because I love Michael and totally see some similarities between him and Morelli (and Ranger too, lol). It helps that the very reason I got into this series was through a candy fic that cast Michael in the Morelli role and Maria as Plum (Max was cast as Ranger). :lol:
I heard they were casting Reese Witherspoon to play Stephanie. I don't see it, but maybe it'll work.
I don't see it either, Marisa Tomei is a good idea though. Queen Latifah would be a great Lula. No actor is going to live up to the picture I have in my head of Morelli.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Eeek! I just finished reading Twelve Sharp and it was so good. You get a lot of Ranger/Stephanie action plus you get all the warm fuzzies with Joe Morelli.

At the end of the novel, you're not going to have any clue as to who she'll pick. I know I don't.
<center>Image</center>
behrlvr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrlvr »

I have Tim McGraw in my head as Morellii
life is what you make it, always has been, always will be...grandma moses
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - News! 5/5/200

Post by ken_r »

The last post was a long time ago. Katherine heigl got the part and she was excellent in my opinion. Daniel Sunjata is very good as ranger and the rest of the cast all work for me. My wife laughs all the time while reading them. Stephanie Plum is more than a mystery-comic series. It is a social anthropological study of the small town atmosphere of New Jersey. The fault of the characters in this book is they are all immature. This is not that unusual for the close family ties that are portrayed. Fools walk where angels and wise men fear to tread. God loves trusting fools as they get away with it. I have known people like this and where i would get my ass kicked, they come out with only a bruise and a scratch. I assume that the large cities surround all these small communities, we would call them barrios here in New Mexico. The thinking of these people is that of those who seldom leave more than 50 miles from where they were born. I like the series and the movie. Since i have been writing mysteries recently, i find this series very interesting.

ken r
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-