Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - News! 5/5/2006

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

It seemed he suddenly has these cool clothes, cars coming out of his ears and a whole buliding.
Exactly. At first he was just a really skilled bounty hunter. Than he became skilled at.... everything. Business, crime, the stock market. :lol:

I actually much prefer that Ranger, than the one in the beginning. He's so smooth and confident; it's like, does anything ruffle this guy's feathers?
I've always wanted to know why he is still a bounty hunter if he has so much money??
I think he said once that he enjoyed it, and that he was good at it. I think that was in the... 10th? The one where she moved into his apartment, in any case.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Actually, I did notice the change in Ranger. I read the books out of order. The first one I read was book #9, so I've always known Ranger to be cool and confident. I was surprised when I read books #1 and #2. Ranger came across as being some skinny, ghetto guy. A little one-dimensional. There was no air of mystery about him like in the later novels.

I'm always surprised to find that men really like this series. To me it comes across as a comedic, mystery, romance-kind of novel.

If you look on Janet Evanovich's website, she discusses the actors that she would like to play the characters in the Plum series.
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Actually, I did notice the change in Ranger. I read the books out of order. The first one I read was book #9, so I've always known Ranger to be cool and confident. I was surprised when I read books #1 and #2. Ranger came across as being some skinny, ghetto guy. A little one-dimensional. There was no air of mystery about him like in the later novels.
That's funny, because I did the same thing. I read the 6th one first, and by that time his personality had become much more mysterious. Then I read the later ones, and actually read the first ones last. So I was surprised, as well. Especially when he didn't use proper English. In my mind he was always brilliant and a litte scary.

I really prefer Ranger over Morelli. I really don't know why. Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart, and I find it romantic that he got attached to her even though he normally doesn't. I liked when she was staying at his apartment, and he told her that his housekeeper would be curious, since he'd never brought a women there before. It's just sweet, to me. :lol:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:I really prefer Ranger over Morelli.
Really? I think Morelli is a sweetie!!! I honestly don't know how he's put up with Stephanie for so long, she's always doing something wrong.

In Roswell terms, Ranger is the Michael, and Morelli is Max...
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Ah, but I like Max more than Michael! Hey, maybe I just like him because I'm attracted to confidence... but then, Morelli is plenty confident. Ah, who knows. Maybe I'm just weird. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love Morelli too. Just not as much. :wink:
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I think that women like Ranger for the air of mystery and danger that he carries. Morelli is more the reliable protector. Although they are both pretty damn sexy, I actually prefer Ranger myself. I think I just have a thing for bad boys.

Although, I did find Morelli more attractive in Novels 1-3. I think it's because he was on the run from the law. LOL!
<center>Image</center>
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I just finished 'Eleven on Top' at 4am, granted I only got home at midnight with it...I have no idea why it's taken me to long to read it..anyway.

I honestly don't know why Morelli sticks around. Stephanie seems to have little or no respect for his feelings when it comes to her being around Ranger all the time...(I'm Team Morelli if you can't tell) Granted I think they both had a good time when she was staying with him. Although at the end I think both Morelli and Mr. Happy will be glad of a little space!!!

Ranger is great, don't get me wrong. But he's too...something!! I don't know what it is but I don't like him with Stephanie.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

lazza wrote:I just finished 'Eleven on Top' at 4am, granted I only got home at midnight with it...I have no idea why it's taken me to long to read it..anyway.

I honestly don't know why Morelli sticks around. Stephanie seems to have little or no respect for his feelings when it comes to her being around Ranger all the time...(I'm Team Morelli if you can't tell) Granted I think they both had a good time when she was staying with him. Although at the end I think both Morelli and Mr. Happy will be glad of a little space!!!

Ranger is great, don't get me wrong. But he's too...something!! I don't know what it is but I don't like him with Stephanie.
You know, I don't really think about it, 'cause I like her with Ranger, but yeah.... that is really wrong of her. The thought just occured to me. She gets so upset about Morelli and.... Terry, I think it is? And yet she has the exact same relationship with Ranger.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Great news! Twelve Sharp goes on sale on June 20, 2006!! I am so freaking excited! Just check out Janet's site for an excerpt from the 12th installment in the Plum series.

RANGER IS HOT!!

What do you think of Matt Cedeno to play Ranger if there ever was a Plum movie? If he looks familiar it's because he played Brandon Walker on Days of Our Lives for a couple of years and he's had guest roles on CSI: Miami.
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

..... :shock:

Not the Ranger I saw, but... whoa. Can't complain.