Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - News! 5/5/2006

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - News! 5/5/2006

Post by Lolita »

Thought I'd start a discussion about a book series that I read and loved. I consumed these books like fudge! There are 11 books total and I remember reading all of them in the span of 4 months. It was that good.

If I could be any book character it would probably have to be Stephanie Plum although I could deal with not getting tortured or stalked. Poor Miss Plum has bad luck with bad guys. They always seem to want her dead. At least she was Joe Morelli and Ranger to tend to her wounds. ;)

Btw, anyone else out there interested in seeing these books get made into a movie? And if so, who do you think should play the principal characters?
Last edited by Lolita on Fri May 05, 2006 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

lol! I started a topic on these books a long time ago in this section, but no one replied. :( Glad to know there are other Stephanie Plum fans!

I heard they were casting Reese Witherspoon to play Stephanie. I don't see it, but maybe it'll work.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I heard that it's her production company producing it. I agree with you though, I don't see her as Stephanie Plum. I see Stephanie as more of a Sandra Bullock or Marisa Tomei - type.

Who do you think should play Morelli and Ranger?

I say Morelli should be played by that dark-haired actor on CSI: New York. I don't know his name but he also played Kip, Rachel's assistant on Friends.

As for Ranger, how about the dude that played Brandon on Days of Our Lives. He's got the Cuban looks going and he's hot.
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

lol, I don't know, but both have to be gorgeous. Ranger maybe a little more so. He's my favorite of the two. It seems like he can do anything. *sigh*
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I was bored and floating around and saw this and had to add my two cents...even if you don't want it!!

I love these books, they are so cute and funny I had to stop reading them on the train as I was laughing so much.

A few friends and my sister are also huge fans and we've had many a debate over who should play the characters.

Sandra Bullock was always a fav for Stephine, but I think she might be slightly too old now.

My sister thinks Queen Latifah should be Lulu, and I think she'd be perfect.

Morelli....well if he was any younger I think JB could almost do it :) but...Benjamin Bratt would be ok.

The movie rights were sold in November last year and according to http://www.scriptsales.com which is the best resource for thse sort of things, nothing has happened since.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Sandra Bullock was always a fav for Stephine, but I think she might be slightly too old now.
You know, I thought she'd be perfect too. And I'm not sure if she's too old.. Stephine is in her 30's, isn't she?
My sister thinks Queen Latifah should be Lulu, and I think she'd be perfect.
Oh, I could definitely see that! That would be perfect.
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I thought she was early 30's, Sandra Bullock is 41..but she could work. She has the whole slap-stick comedy style which is needed.

I don't see Resse Witherspoon working out AT ALL. She's too well too not Stephanie

Apparently the script is almost done with and they will begin pre-production and casting soon. One one website (I swear I was looking for one thing and an hour later...) it says they will film it mid next year....for a late 2006 release!!!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Yay! And I didn't know Sandra Bullock was in her 40's... I'm not too good at keeping up with stars. :lol:

Back to the actual books, did anyone notice how Ranger's character kind of changed? At first he seemed really.... I think the word she used in the book was 'ghetto', lol. Then, by about the 6th book, he became more of a businessman. Very intelligent and calculating. Anyone else notice this?
pure_spunk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pure_spunk »

I haven't read these books yet, but I may (as it is I have a VERY long list of books I want to get around to reading). My fiance is currently reading them and he likes them. :)
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lazza »

I noticed that, I read maybe the first 7 books in a week, as that's when I 'found' them.

It seemed he suddenly has these cool clothes, cars coming out of his ears and a whole buliding. I've always wanted to know why he is still a bounty hunter if he has so much money??