LKH: Anita Blake

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Somehow, I ended up reading the books last to first, and it's no wonder why people like Richard. Jean-Claude used to be an assmonkey and Richard was the nice guy. Kinda ironic that the vampire became the nice guy, and the boyscout became the assmonkey huh?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Dates for new books

Post by jojotheorange »

Guess what folks. In case you did not know the dates for release are as follows.

Micah will be out 2/28/05 this is a stand alone.

Danse Macabre will be out 7/27/05 this one is the book that follows Incubus Dreams.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Only 12 more days 'till Micah! Yay!

-Sarah

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Okay, I just got Micah, and while he never compared to Jean-Claude for me, the book made him seem like a real person for once, esp w/ what he went through when he was made and with his ex girlfriends. Whadaya think peoples? Agree or disagree?

-Sarah :wink:

Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

I've been having Micah since it came out and haven't read it yet... :|

I think my problem is that I'm just not feelin' as passionate about the Antia Verse like I use to back in the day. A lot of the Old School Fans, such as myself, have become disapointed with where Laurell has taken the Anita character.

In fact, I think the only thing I like about what she's done with Anita is that she's made her FINALLY comfortable with nudity and the weres...but I'm just not feelin' the whole...having Sex with all the men thing.

If it were up to me... I would have just stuck with JC and RZ....and maybe Asher... :wink:

SHI
Illyria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Illyria »

I am so excited that tomorrow the Anita Blake book, "Danse Macabre" will released. Can't wait to my copy. :wink:
behrlvr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrlvr »

Ahhhh...I just went back to Incubus Dreams for a Nathanial fix...I have been missing him. Does anyone know what the Harliquin will be about? I hope the plot returns.
life is what you make it, always has been, always will be...grandma moses
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. I've been tempted these last few weeks to start all the way from the beginning of the series and read up to Danse Macabre.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

The Harlequin just came out about a week ago here in the USA, and I just finished reading it like the day I bought it, lol! Took me most of the day (only cause I was interrupted to go work) but I did it!

For old schoolers like me and Shi this one is definitely up our alley. The plot doesn't focus so much on the sex as it does on the actual plot and mystery. Also, I have to admit I loved the fact that it brought Edward back (sighs and drools over the assassin goodness that is Death).

I myself have found myself weary of all the sex brought in the last several books in this series. If I wanted all sex, all the time in my book I would have just read the Merry Gentry series (a good one at that!) But what had really sold me to the Anita books in the first place was the mystery and the fact that Anita didn't give in to Jean-Claude or Richard or hell, even Gabriel or Phillip at the beginning. She was this kick ass harder version of Nancy Drew taking down the baddies. I'd say my absolutely faves are Guilty Pleasures, Circus of the Damned, Obsidian Butterfly, and Narcissus in Chains. The Harlequin is still relatively new as I just finished reading it and I feel as if Anita is being redeemed, LOL.

Hmm....most of my faves have Edward in there....hmmmm. :twisted:

I think my fave men for Anita is JC, Asher, Micah, Nathaniel, Jason, and Damien. I used to like Richard until Narcissus in Chains. Up until then, I could sympathize with him, but then he just turned into a fucking asshole. The recent books I've come to hate him to the point I wish there was a way to absolve the stupid triumvirate and have a new, better Ulfric in.

And Micah....well. Micah, Micah, Micah. I know it's sick, but I kinda liked Gabriel. *ducks*

Micah though...there is one stud kitty that I'm still not sure I like him or not. On one hand he's great for Anita, but on the other he drives me nuts. Please, I like long hair on a guy, but I like my guys to look like guys. And c'mon, it seems everytime Anita gets a new lover he's better endowed than the last stud of the moment.

I hate the fact that every preternatural hottie seems to have the hots for our girl Anita. And Anita just plain pisses me off most of the time, lol, with her attitudes toward the men in her life.

Though I agree with her on Graham, Requiem, and the Cookie Monster aka Haven the werelion. Those boys are bad news.

I would like to see more of the leopards coming into their own, and possibly bringing in some enforcer type leopards so the pard isn't completely at the mercy of the coalition or jean-claude's vamps.

Also, Meng-Da/Meng-Die and Gretchen/Gretel need to die a permanent death. Those two undead bitches are CRAZY with a side order of bi-polar and a main course of psychotically insane. And I had actually like Meng-Die until Danse Macabre. Then all my assumptions of her went out the window as Ms. Hamilton's talents brought out a creature I had no idea was around.

Moral of the story: Anita actually doing policework or her zombie work or her federal marshall stuff good. Too much sex and not enough plotline to stomach all that sex not so good.

The Harlequin: two thumbs up and a definite you better read it!

banner made by RoswellOracle!
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

KiaraAlexisKlay wrote:The Harlequin
For old schoolers like me and Shi this one is definitely up our alley. The plot doesn't focus so much on the sex as it does on the actual plot and mystery. Also, I have to admit I loved the fact that it brought Edward back (sighs and drools over the assassin goodness that is Death).

I myself have found myself weary of all the sex brought in the last several books in this series. If I wanted all sex, all the time in my book I would have just read the Merry Gentry series (a good one at that!) But what had really sold me to the Anita books in the first place was the mystery and the fact that Anita didn't give in to Jean-Claude or Richard or hell, even Gabriel or Phillip at the beginning. She was this kick ass harder version of Nancy Drew taking down the baddies. I'd say my absolutely faves are Guilty Pleasures, Circus of the Damned, Obsidian Butterfly, and Narcissus in Chains. The Harlequin is still relatively new as I just finished reading it and I feel as if Anita is being redeemed, LOL.

The Harlequin: two thumbs up and a definite you better read it!
I am in agreement! I loved this book and was so glad to see a return to the books I fell in love with. I have to admit it though I was left wanting MORE! I was a little sad that she built the story up so high then in two chapters it was like BAM done.....but all in all Awsome book!
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy