LKH: Anita Blake

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

LKH: Anita Blake

Post by jojotheorange »

Okay I will be proud and admit I am addicted to the Anita Blake books and I think I might die if i have to wait any longer for the next book. So i am wondering if anyone else at this fantastic website is like me and can not wait for some more Anita Blake. And lets not forget the hunky males in the story.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I have to admit I've been getting addicted to this series myself. From what I read there's going to be two coming out. One called Micah being released in Jan '06 or Feb '06 and the other is called Danse Macabre comes out April '06.

I just finished Incubus Dreams and I need more of these characters.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jojotheorange »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:
From what I read there's going to be two coming out. One called Micah being released in Jan '06 or Feb '06 and the other is called Danse Macabre comes out April '06.

You are quite correct. Micah is going to be a stand alone story according to the LKH site. By the way you can read the first three chapters of Danse Macabre at the following link. http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/Anita/D ... erOne.html

You might be a little upset by the chapters but it is really worth it.
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jojotheorange »

Okay so if anyone is looking at this I posing a question.

If you have read the Anita Blake Books do you think that there is to much sex in them?

Okay Since I asked the question I will be first to answer.

Personally I have no problem with all the sex in the stories because nothing is as bad as Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty Triology that she wrote under the name A.N Roquelaure. I really don't have a problem with all the sex and such in the stories. I have more of a problem with the fact that Anita and Richard should get married but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Don't get me wrong I love Jean-Claude, Asher, Damien, Nathaniel. But I am rooting for Richard. I think the only male I really don't like in the series is Micah, I think he should die. but I don't see that happening either.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

My favorite man in Anita's life is Jean Claude. He is beautiful and charasmatic and really loves her for who she is. Not who he wants her to be.

I don't think there is too much sex in the books. Can there ever be too much sex if it is good sex. LKH keeps her sexual escapades as well as her well thought out plotline fresh and exciting so what does it matter if the nookie number grows a bit. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

My favorite characters in this series are Jason, Nathanial, Cherry and Anita. When it comes to Richard there are times when I like him and times that I don't. Right now I'm in a serious off phase with the werewolf. My least favorite it Micah, he's so annoying, don't ask me why because I have no clue but he needs to go away. It won't stop me from reading the book coming up named after him (I assume it's going to be about him) but I have no love for this character.

As for whether or not there's too much sex in the books I don't think there is, if it starts to detract from the plot I think then it will be too much but right now I don't feel that it does. Plus I'm a huge smut-whore, I love reading the smut.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Anita Blake

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

WHOO HOO! I didn't know if anyone else on this site read Anita Blake. Personally, I'd like to take Jean Claude home with me and have my way with him! :twisted: About the sex, while I'm not crazy about Anita needing to sleep with men that she doesn't love, I love reading about her with the ones that she does.

- Sarah

P.S. What's wrong with Micah? I think he and Anita are kinda cute together. :(

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

P.S. What's wrong with Micah? I think he and Anita are kinda cute together.
He's just not my cup of tea. I never really liked him all that much since he became a regular in the books. Maybe it's just because LKH described Micah as short man and I've never been attracted to short men. His character just rubs me the wrong way. I'd much rather read a book about Nathanial or Jason.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Yeah, the short thing kinda bugs me too. But at least he truelly cares about her.

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Zanssoulmate08 wrote: But at least he truelly cares about her.
Very true, and that's the important thing.

There's also a part of me that thinks he's being used and not given the respect he should be getting from Anita.

At least before Incubus Dreams I felt Anita never really appreciates the men in her life. Now I think she's getting better at treating them, but she still has a way to go.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics