Mystery Novels Please!

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Mystery Novels Please!

Post by Believer2 »

I love mystery books but I've had a hard time finding any new good ones. I just finished the James Patterson series, I've re-read Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, 'The Cat Who' series, Sneaky Pie Brown series, Emily Brightwell, and Anne Perry.

Sick of John Grisham, Janet Evanovich, the alphabet series(Q is Quarry), Drew/Hardy series.

So I need something new!!!! Somebody help!
I'm a believer!
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Okay dokie~

Get out a piece of paper and a pen, and prepare yourself to list....

Tess Gerritsen (the Jane Rizzoli series)
1) The Surgeon
2) The Apprentice
3) The Sinner
4) Body Double
And she will have a new one out in August (I think) called Vanished. In any case, these are medical mystery thrillers. They will have you on the edge of your seat.

The next four books are part of two new series that are really cute ... and mysterious... of course!

Leanne Sweeney
1) Pick your Poison
2) Wedding to Die For

Kate Collins (I think)
1) Mum's the Word
2) Slay it with Flowers

Another new author I've stumbled on, who is more romantic than mysterious - but still very very good - is Marianne Stillings. Her books are:

1) Damsel in the Dress
2) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evie

Also, Susanne Enoch is starting a contemprary series (she usally does historicals). The first one also happened to be a darn good mystery...

1) Flirting with Danger

Another good author to try out is Karen Rose. The third book is the best if you ask me, but the other two are really good. Also, the first two tie together, but all three can be read sepertally.

1) Don't Tell
2) Now You See Her
3) I'm Watching You

There is also another book of hers coming out in August. Its called Nothing to Fear.

And last, for now, but not least is JD Robb. Nora Roberts alter-ego and her futuristic murder series. Try it... you'll like it :)
Here is a list of the first four...

1) Naked in Death
2) Glory in Death
3) Immortal in Death
4) Rapture in Death

I hope that helps.

Annie:)
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Have you tried Mary Jane Clark? I'm not the biggest mystery reader, but my mother is the most avid one that I know, and she's one of her favorites. And of course there's Mary Higgins Clark, also. lol Another one she's wild about is Matthew Reilly, and my brother and sister both really like his books, too. She rereads those all the time.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I know some great books that are kind of mystery (I think...) Have you ever heard of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evonovich (wow my spelling was horrible on that, sry)? They're a little mystery, but the great thing about them is that they're hilarious. I'm telling you, if you're into crime and comedy, you need to read these books.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Anniepoo98 - thank you so much for the recommendations!! I've printed out the list and will be heading to the library!!

Cardinalgirl - I will definitely look for the Matthew Reilly books, thank you!
I'm a believer!
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

If you want good mystery books, two of the BEST writers are Catherine Coulter and Dean Koontz.
Catherine Coulter has what's called the FBI series. There are no characters like Sherlock and Savich. Those two are cool!

Catherine Coulter:

The Cove
The Maze
The Target
The Edge
Riptide (this is one of the best!)
Hemlock Bay
Eleventh Hour
Blindside

Dean Koontz
(he goes by about six different aliases, so if you find one of these books under a different name, I'm sure it will say his real name inside the cover.)

Darkfall
Twilight Eyes
The House Of Thunder (one of the best!)
Shadowfires

Then, there is:

April Christofferson

The Protocol (I loved this book!)
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Did someone list Patricia Cornwell? I love her books. She has a great mystery series with the character Kay Scarpetta.

Postmortem
Body of Evidence
All That Remains
The Body Farm
From Potter's Field
Cause of Death
Unnatural Exposure
Point of Origin
Black Notice
The Last Precinct
Blow Fly
Trace
All That Remains
Predator
JFthunder1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Mystery Novels Please!

Post by JFthunder1 »

I like these type of novels
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Mystery Novels Please!

Post by Janetfl »

Simon Kernick is another author to look out for, although his listed more under thriller. I remember the first book I ever read of his, Severed. I spent 48hrs, without sleep, just so I could finish the book. I couldn't put it down.

Here is the list.

The Business of Dying
A Good Day to Die
The Murder Exchange
The Crime Trade
Relentless
Severed
Deadline
Target
The Last Ten Seconds
Payback

Another author I love to read is Kathy Reichs (the TV series BONES is based around her book character Temperance Brennan).

Enjoy!
JAN :mrgreen:
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!