Ghost of You (HP,H/Hr,ADULT) Epilogue 05/8

Like Castle, Supernatural, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, or any other fandom? Write Fan Fiction for it? Then go ahead and post it here!

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Re: Ghost of You (HP:H/Hr) Mature/Adult. Chp 9 P.g 2 03/7

Post by Bubblegal »

Booktv-girl2310: I had to bring Cho in because I really believe that she and Hermione could have had a good friendship. You will see Remus soon. This chapter gives a bit more insight to what Harry is. Enjoy :D

Chapter 10: You Are Not Alone

He came back to her the night before, much to her delight. They had made love until they were exhausted and fell asleep.

Harry awoke first, he blinked blearily. He was spooned up behind Hermione, his right arm slung over her waist, holding her close. He lifted his head to see Hermione was sleeping with a small smile on her face. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her right shoulder. She murmured his name happily before snuggling in further with a sigh.

Harry watched her for a moment longer before he slowly and carefully pulled away from her, making sure that he didn't wake her up. She needed her sleep, and he needed to think. He shifted so his back was facing her. His legs slid over the edge and he shifted the cover so it covered his lap and bowed his head.

He had to do this…it wasn't fair to her for him to keep doing this.

~_HxH_~

Hermione opened her eyes to see Harry was sitting with his back toward her. His legs were over the side of the bed and he was hunched over, looking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulder.

"Harry?" she reached out, her hand sliding up his back, caressing the old scars of whipping marks he had received at the hands of his uncle. She sat up, pulling the sheets over her bare breasts. "Is everything okay?"

"I have to leave," he told her, not looking at her. Hermione frowned.

"Then why don't you?" she asked. He had left many times before but he had always come back.

"Because this time, I can't come back," he told her. Fear gripped at her heart. Her hand froze on his shoulder as she stared at the back of his head. "It's not fair of me to do this."

"Do what?" she choked out, her fear making it difficult for her to concentrate.

"I can't keep doing this. I can't keep coming back and pretending that everything is okay when it's not!" he burst out, his hands gripping the sheets tightly.

"I didn't think you were pretending," Hermione snapped and Harry sighed. "We are so close to our goal. Why are you suddenly scared?"

"Hermione," he turned around and grabbed her hand in his. "There is a chance that this might not work, and you need to be prepared for it. I should leave you; give you the chance to move on without me." He reached out and cupped her cheek. "You are beautiful and you are amazing. There are plenty of men out there who can be there for you, who can love you."

"But none of them are you," she whispered. "None of them will get me like you do. You understand me." Harry closed his eyes in pain. "I love you."

"And I love you," he assured her, opening his eyes to make her dark ones. "But I can't…I won't do this to you, Hermione. I won't stop you from living your life like you should just because I'm being selfish."

"You're not being selfish. I was the one who came up with the idea. You tried to talk me out of it in the beginning, remember?" he looked away. "I want to do this, Harry. We have already lost more than a year because of them. Please…don't back out now," she begged. She didn't want to lose him, not now, not when they were so near.

"What if it doesn't work out?" he challenged, looking at her. She held her breath. She hadn't thought about it, hadn't dared to. She didn't know what she would do if it didn't work out. She was staking everything she had. Harry seemed to realise that. "Please, Hermione," He moved closer, pressing their foreheads together. "Please move on if it doesn't work out. I can't bear to think of you mourning me for the rest of your life. Not when you still have plenty of time ahead of you. You can still find another love, have a family. Live."

"None of that means anything without you," she told him, pulling away from his embrace and turning her back to him. "I'm doing this for you, because you asked me to."

"And I see it tearing at you every night before you go to sleep," Harry countered, exasperated. He loved and admired her, but she could also drive him crazy with her stubbornness. Hermione stood up, wrapping the sheet around her body and moved away from the bed.

"I made the choice to go after them. I made the choice to torture them. I didn't have to, there was nothing saying that it had to involve torture, but I wanted to!" Hermione snapped before she spun around to see Harry was now standing at the other side of the bed, another sheet wrapped around his waist. "It's not as if you held a gun to my head and forced to me do it!"

"But it's still tearing you apart!" Harry snapped back, some of his anger slipping free. "You think I don't know about the nightmares? Even when I'm not with you, I can still hear you Hermione."

"But it will be worth it in the end!" she reminded him.

"Only if you do it in time," Harry countered her before sighing. "Hermione, we both know that there is a chance it won't work, but you refuse to accept the possibility. You've closed yourself off to it. What are you going to do if it doesn't work?"

"Why are you doing this?" Hermione asked, her left hand tightening into a fist. "Why do you want to believe that it won't work?"

"Because I want to know what you will do," he admitted. "All I have ever wanted for you is to be happy, to have a family, a career. I never wanted you to live in misery because I died." Hermione sighed.

"Harry, you were all I ever wanted," she shrugged her shoulders almost helplessly. "You're the one who made Hogwarts worth it. Without you, my life just seems so…empty."

"But you are still alive. You still have the chance to move on, to find someone else," he pleaded.

"But you are still here," she pressed on. "I can still touch you, hear you, and see you."

"But I'm not alive, Hermione. I can't give you a child. I can't marry you. I can only be with you for a short time and each time…my time grows shorter," he reminded her in a hard tone, trying his hardest to keep his emotions under control.

"I don't get where all this is coming from," she exclaimed. "You were fine…"

"It's because of the way I died!" Harry snapped. Hermione stopped and stared at him, startled by the change in his attitude. Not once since he came to visit her had he ever talked about his death. Harry sighed, running a hand through his black locks. "When I died, my soul tore itself to pieces. That is why I'm stuck in a limbo. Add in the promise we made…I find it very difficult to move on." Hermione opened her mouth but Harry shook his head. "Hermione, I have never feared death in my life. I always knew that my parents would be on the other side waiting for me. The promise prevented me from being able to move on."

"So you're blaming me?" she shouted. Harry shook his head but Hermione was on a roll. "We were fourteen and fifteen when we made that promise! You didn't have to keep it!"

"Hermione, you're my best friend! You wanted a promise and I made it. I wanted to keep the promise. We swore that we would always be there for each other, no matter what!" Harry reminded her. "I remembered the promise just before I died and its part of the reason why I'm still here."

Hermione looked away as Harry rounded the bed, moving closer to her as he tried to get her to understand what he was trying to say. He loved her enough to let her go, even though he hated the thought of her being with someone else, he knew it was best thing for them.

"Add in my promise…" he started.

"I agreed, and I'm keeping to it," she cut him off in a hard tone, glaring at him.

"Hermione, I was grieving for Sirius and I thought I had lost you too. You didn't have to…"

"And if I was the one who was dead, would you have walked away?" she challenged him. Harry bit back a growl as he looked off to the side, his hands clenching into fists at the thought of her dead body. "Exactly, you would be doing the same. This is our chance. He is vulnerable and everything tells me that it can work."

"You are getting to close to the edge, Hermione. I fear that you will go over that line if you continue down this path any longer," he looked at her. "There will be no coming back."

"I won't," she promised him. "I know my limits." He arched an eyebrow.

"I saw what you did to him," Harry told her. Hermione flinched before she looked away. "I have never seen you like that when I was still alive, Hermione. You didn't even act that way to Umbridge."

"He deserved it," she muttered out, bitterly and stubbornly.

"You killed him and brought him back to life, over and over again. In the end he was practically begging you! He even called you worse than Voldemort! You refused to kill him until you had brought him back from the dead again!" She swallowed hard.

"It was just the one time," she protested feebly. "I am nearly finished. There are just a few more parts I need and we can be together again."

"I don't want you going near that man," Harry snapped and she glared at him.

"He killed you along with Bellatrix. I want him dead," Hermione reminded him. "Beside, he's the one I need in order to get to Voldemort, and I will be damned if I let you stand in my way because you are scared."

"Hermione…he's…"

"What about him?" she asked. Harry shook his head. "Harry. I saw the sphere, there's nothing you can say…"

"He tortured me about you!" Harry interrupted. "You never heard it because he cast a silencing charm around us before they killed me. He told me that he would hunt you down, that he would torture you in every way imaginable, and he would ensure you would die screaming my name!" Hermione inhaled sharply. "I looked at him and swore that I would kill him, that I would tear him to pieces before he would touch you but he just laughed before he and Bellatrix cast the killing curse at me. The force of two killing curse ripped my soul apart!"

"Harry…" Hermione started.

"If we add in our promises, I can't move on." Hermione turned her face away. "I won't, not as long as you still hold onto me."

"I can't let go," she whispered. Harry nodded as he reached out, his hands caressing her arms.

"It's killing us, Hermione," he whispered. "I'm not alive but I'm not dead. I can't be with you all the time and it kills me not to be able to reach out and touch you. These brief moments are not enough. It's killing you because you are pushing yourself to the limit. You keep trying to find some way to keep me here longer when we both know it's not the right thing to do. It's not natural."

"To hell with natural," Hermione spat him. "There was nothing natural about your death. You were killed and I lost our baby." She bit her bottom lip and Harry sighed.

"You need to talk about it, Hermione. Even though you never knew you were pregnant, you still lost the baby."

"I don't want to," she whispered and Harry nodded.

"I don't want to talk about it either. It tears me to know that I gotten you pregnant and I didn't know it." She looked at him sharply and he shook his head, pressing a light kiss to her lips. "I don't regret that night. I could never. It's just…we didn't think it through, Hermione, and you fell pregnant as a result. You lost the baby and you never dealt with it. You just ran, looking for some way to avenge me…and our baby."

"I didn't know I was pregnant!" she shouted at him, tears in her eyes. "What kind of mother does that make me? I didn't know I was pregnant with our child and I lost it!"

"Hermione, it wasn't your fault. You were only a few weeks pregnant. You didn't have any symptoms," Harry reminded her as he pulled her into his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his waist, holding onto him.

"It was our child," she told him tearfully. "For a short time I was having your baby…and I lost it at the same time I lost you." She shook her head as tears threatened to overwhelm her.

"And you're still in denial. You refuse to acknowledge the loss of our child…and me," he told her.

"I can't face it," she whispered. "I had you both for a short time and you were ripped away from me cruelly."

"And that is why I need to leave. I'm stopping you from moving on, from healing." He closed his eyes when he felt the familiar pulling. "I will always love you, never doubt that," Harry whispered before pressing a soft kiss to her lips and he faded from view, leaving Hermione alone with her emotions and thoughts.

Hermione gasped as her emotions overwhelmed her before she fell to the floor, her tears overtaking her before anger built up inside of her. She slammed her fist into the ground and looked up with hard eyes. She was going to do it. She was going to damn well make sure that she did what she had to do to ensure Harry would come back.

It was the only thing she had to keep her going and she couldn't lose faith…not when she was so close.

TBC

There you go; better indication of what is Harry and the promises. Is everyone happy now? *teasing smile*

Just to make it clear, Harry is dead to the Wizarding World. There was a will reading which doesn't activate unless Harry is dead. He is currently stuck in a limbo which allows him to interact with Hermione at certain points. He fades away but he can still see and hear her, he just can't go to her because he basically needs to 'recharge' before he can be seen again. Once he can be seen, he becomes temporally corporeal which allows him to make love to Hermione, have a shower and so on.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Re: Ghost of You (HP:H/Hr) Mature/Adult. Chp 10 P.g 2 09/7

Post by Bubblegal »

booktv-girl2310: Glad you're enjoying it! Here's the next chapter :D

~~~ Chapter 11: Too Little, Too Late ~~~

"Are you sure about this?" Moody asked as he followed Hermione into the potion room. She nodded.

"It's time for them to know. Beside, I'm nearly finished," she told him. Moody nodded.

"Do you want me to contact Dumbledore?" he asked and Hermione shook her head.

"No, I don't want you to give yourself away just yet. I will need you to spy on them after I have told them truth. I need to know if they will try and stop me from completing my goal."

"If you wish," Moody muttered. "What about the twins?"

"They know that I am telling the Order but I will not be saying anything about the twins helping me. I will inform the Order who helped me to torture and kill some of the Death Eaters but nothing else. They will be protected."

"What about those who helped you?"

"They will be protected as well. Once I give the reasons, they will not be able to prosecute anyone. Besides, they won't want it getting out that I'm going around killing purebloods. It's not in their nature to do that." She came to a stop in front of the large bookcase filled with potions.

"What shall I do with the body?" Moody asked as he pointed to the sheet covered body lying on the table in the corner.

"Nothing," Hermione peered closely at the labels before she picked up the jar of dried herbs she needed. "I will deal with it when the time is right. Besides, I will need something from the body when I have Voldemort." Moody nodded.

"Is there anything you need me to do?" Hermione smiled as she picked up a piece of paper and handed it to him. Moody took it, scanned it before raising an eyebrow. He looked at her once more and nodded before he left the room.

Hermione turned back to her shelves and frowned. She had tried to contact Harry a few times over the last two weeks since she had seen him last but he had stayed stubborn, refusing to see her. She understood Harry better than anyone. He had always blamed himself for anything that went wrong and he was blaming himself for putting her in this position. She didn't know how she could make it clear to him that it was her choice; that she wanted to do this.

She sighed sadly. She hated the Dursleys so much that she wished she hadn't gone so far by killing them. She never meant to kill them, just torture them but unfortunately, they had been her first torture and she had been a bit…angry. They had managed to piss her off by insulting Harry that she lost her temper.

Hermione took a deep breath, thinking of calming thoughts as she fought to prevent her temper from rising. She couldn't lose her temper. They were dead and it was in the past. She needed to move on. Dwelling on it wasn't going to get her anywhere.

She thought back to her nights. She could swear that Harry was coming to her when she was sleeping. That she could feel his fingers caressing her cheek and hair, his lips brushing against her lips and forehead. The whispers of 'I love you' in her ears. But whenever she tried to wake up, there was something preventing her from doing so.

It frustrated her to a no end. All she wanted to do was grab Harry and kiss him until he forgot everything and allowed them to be together, to stop having doubts and to believe in himself for once. Hermione sighed, shaking herself.

This wasn't the time to linger on it. She had a meeting to get to and she needed to be sharp if she was going to make sure that Albus Dumbledore didn't get in her way.

~_HxH_~

Nearly everyone was assembled in the Dumbledore's office; he had it expanded so it would fit everyone. Everyone apart from Snape, that is. No one had been able to summon him for the last few days and Dumbledore was beginning to worry about the spy. He needed Snape nearby so he could monitor Voldemort's movements. Molly and Arthur were running a little late.

Hermione sat in a chair near in the middle of the room. She looked calm. She looked in control. It was strange for Dumbledore to see her like that. Ever since Harry's death, she had been detached, unresponsive to any of them. They had tried so much to get her out of her shell but she disappeared shortly after the funeral and they had despaired. They had truly believed they had lost her only for her to show up again, looking well and alive.

They had believed that by coming back and attending to Hogwarts, she was moving on from Harry's death, that she was healing. But she did the opposite; she removed herself from the student body. She wasn't sleeping in the girls' dormitory, the girls had reported to McGonagall, believing that they had let Hermione stay somewhere else.

The teachers had all reported that while she kept up her attendance in her class and essays, she didn't put her hand up in class anymore. Something that troubled Dumbledore greatly as Hermione had proven herself to be a skilled young woman who thrived on her education.

The door opened, interrupting Dumbledore's thoughts and he lifted his eyes to see Molly and Arthur hurrying in.

"Sorry we are late," Arthur apologised. Dumbledore dismissed it as the two of them moved over to their seats only for Molly to stop when she spotted Hermione sitting in a chair and her face turned red.

"What is she doing here?" Molly demanded as she looked at the Headmaster. "She shouldn't be involved!" Dumbledore sighed and opened his mouth only to be interrupted.

"I'm the one who asked for the meeting," Hermione informed the older woman. Molly spun around to face Hermione with shock on her face.

"Why would you do that, dear?" she asked.

"Please sit down, Mrs Weasley, and I will tell everyone," Hermione told her. Molly made to sit down only to stop when she spotted her two youngest children in the room and her anger came back.

"No! I will not have my children here," Molly informed Dumbledore with a hard glare.

"I asked for them to be here," Hermione cut in. "Please sit down or I will force you." Molly opened her mouth but Arthur placed his hand on her arm and tugged her down. Getting the hint, she sniffed huffily before sitting down next to her husband while glaring at Dumbledore for allowing her children to be there.

Dumbledore looked around to see if anyone else had any objections and saw none. He looked at Hermione and nodded.

"You can speak now, Miss Granger," he told her. Hermione nodded.

"It has come to my attention that you have been sending nearly half of your order on finding out who the 'Black Rose' is," Hermione told him. Dumbledore arched an eyebrow, wondering how she knew about it. "May I ask why?"

"What does this have to do with anything?" Dumbledore asked.

"I'll answer your question if you answer mine," Hermione assured him.

"This is Order business, it has nothing to do with kids like yourself," Molly was unable to hold herself back.

"Mrs Weasley, I will not remind you again," Hermione looked at her. "Please refrain from speaking out when someone has not asked you anything. And for your information, I am 17 years old. An adult in your world." Molly huffed as she opened her mouth but once again, her husband squeezed her arm in warning. Satisfied that Molly wouldn't be interrupting again, she looked at Dumbledore, who sighed.

"I assume you have been reading the papers." Hermione nodded. "Then you can see our reasons." Hermione arched an eyebrow.

"They are killing Death Eaters. I would have thought you would have been…relieved." Hermione pointed out. "After all, it means justice has already been given out. There will be no need for a trial."

"Never-less, they are killing people," Dumbledore reminded. "They deserve a fair trial where they will receive the correct punishment for what they have done." Hermione nodded.

"And tell me, what will happen to those who claim they were under the imperius?" she crossed her legs as she waited for an answer. "Lucius Malfoy claimed he was under the imperius yet there was no evidence to back it up. He was never fed the truth potion nor did he give up his memories off the event."

"I assure you they will have to provide evidence," Dumbledore told her and Hermione smirked.

"Just like you could have assured Sirius getting a fair trial?" she asked. Dumbledore flinched lightly, just enough for Hermione to catch it. "Yes, I did my homework." Remus frowned as he looked between the two of them.

"Again, I will ask. Just what does our attention on finding the 'Black Rose' have to do with this meeting?" Dumbledore asked, carefully directing the conversation. Hermione leaned back in her chair.

"Because I am Black Rose," Hermione announced; her facial expression serious. They all stared at her before chuckling started, first from Dumbledore then to the rest of the Order with the exception of Moody, Remus, Tonks and Ginny, the latter staring at her with a pensive look.

Hermione just glared and crossed her arms as she waited for them to get their heads out of their asses. Ron was the first one to stop when he saw the seriousness on her face and knew that she was telling the truth.

"You're the one who had been killing everyone?" he demanded, startling everyone. The chuckling died as they looked at Hermione, realising that she hadn't been joking,

"Yes, and if you wish, I could provide you with the details on how I killed them," she promised them. They realised that she was deadly serious and the implication dawned on them.

"It was you the entire time?" Molly gasped as she slumped against the back of her chair.

"Yes," Hermione, finding it fascinating how everyone was reacting. It was one of the things that made her curious. How would people react to finding out that Hermione Jane Granger, the perfect bookworm student, was walking the dark side and killing off Death Eaters as she did.

"Why?" Dumbledore asked as he leaned forward, his fingers pressed against each other as he peered at her over his glasses.

"Why do you think?" Hermione asked him bitterly and he looked like he had bitten into a sour lemon.

"Do you really think Harry would be happy to know what you have done?" Dumbledore asked. Hermione shrugged.

"Before we broke up for the summer holidays, he made me promise," Hermione told him.

"Promised what?" he asked.

"If anything was to happen to one of us, we would use that to drive us on and bring down Voldemort in any way we could. You haven't done anything but put on a united front for the Public. I did what I had to do," Hermione informed him.

"All those people…" Dumbledore trailed off as Hermione narrowed her eyes at him.

"They joined Voldemort willingly. Make your excuses. I know better," she warned him. "I forced fed them the truth serum and I got everything on what they did and how they were initiated. Trust me when I say they felt no remorse for what they did."

"They could have seen the light, they could have redeemed themselves!" Dumbledore argued and Hermione sighed.

"I am not getting involved in a moral argument with you," Hermione informed him. "I did what I had to do."

"They are purebloods…" Dumbledore started but Hermione shook her head.

"Who are raping, torturing and murdering muggle-borns and half-bloods. Don't preach me to me about anything," Hermione snipped. "You divided your attention; you sent most of the Order on my tail when you could have been making sure that the Muggle world was protected. You didn't, thus I had to come forward."

"So, you're saying if we had spent more time protecting the Muggles and less time looking for you, you wouldn't have come forward?" McGonagall asked.

"I have more important things to be doing. This isn't one of them," Hermione assured the head of her house. Most of the Order looked scandalized, Ron just looked furious and Ginny looked thoughtful.

"Tell us, just how did you manage to get Bellatrix? It took a team of Aurors to take her down the first time," Arthur asked and Hermione smirked.

"It didn't take me long to get my hands on Bellatrix and she proved to be quite useful. She was part of Voldemort's inner circle thus she had a lot of information, which proved crucial to my plan." Remus frowned. "Let's just say, I had some smart people on my side that helped me."

"How did you know Bellatrix was one of the people who killed Harry?" Remus asked. Hermione's eyes took on a far-away gaze.

"They sent me a recording of what they did to him that night," Hermione told them. There was a collective sharp intake of breath. "I heard her laughing as she tortured him. She was the one to kill him too. When I received the recording, my body went into shock and I lost our baby."

"Baby?" exclaimed Ron, shocked. Ginny paled even further at the confession before she looked at Ron with a wary expression.

"Harry and I shared a night shortly after Sirius' death. We were both upset and naturally, we turned to each other for comfort. Unknown to us, I had conceived. Due to the shock and stress over what I saw, I miscarried. I didn't know I was pregnant until my parents took me to the hospital where I got the news." Her features darkened. "Do you know what that did to me? First, I got the recording of Harry being tortured then killed, and then I lost our baby, all in the same night."

"You slept with Harry?" Ron stood up, his face turning red with anger. Hermione glared at him from where she was sitting.

"Yes, I slept with Harry. I gave my virginity to him and he gave me his. Now shut up and sit down!" she snarled. Ron sat down with a heavy thud as he stared at the woman he once considered as his best friend. "It is funny how I say that I'm a killer but you are more concerned about the fact that Harry and I slept together. Grow up and get over it."

"You didn't have to do this," Dumbledore protested. "You could have come to us before you disappeared. If you had given us the sphere of Harry's murder, we would have arrested the people who did this." Hermione laughed bitterly.

"Arrest them?" she spat out. "Azkaban is too good for those murdering bastards. You need to get off your high horse and start seeing the world from a mere mortal view. It's not black and white; it's all shades of grey."

"Hermione, we would have helped you to deal with your feelings…" Molly started.

"I tried to take my own life after Harry's funeral," Hermione interrupted. "That's how far gone I was. There was nothing to live for. Harry was dead."

"What stopped you? Arthur asked.

"Harry. He reminded me of the promise we made. If anything was to happen to one of us, and we knew that the Death Eaters wouldn't take being beaten by a bunch of kids easily, we would use that emotion to drive us on, to bring the war to an end," Hermione explained.

"Harry's dead," Ron gritted out and got a glare in return.

"I know Harry's dead…but when I thought he broke our promise, he hadn't."

"What promise?" Molly asked.

"In our fourth year, when everyone had turned their backs on Harry," Ron looked away ashamed as Hermione made it clear who she was talking about, "I made Harry promise me that he would always be there, no matter what. When he died, I felt he broke our promise but he hasn't. He has been appearing me…not as a ghost but not as a real person either. It's like he is in a limbo."

"Can we see him?" Dumbledore asked. He didn't believe that Harry was in a limbo but merely a manifestation of Hermione's mind. She obviously had a hard time dealing with the fact that Harry was dead and her mind created an image of him.

"He won't come," Hermione told him. Dumbledore frowned. "He needs to recharge in between visits. It takes a lot of energy for him to appear to me." She wasn't going to tell him the truth.

"Miss Granger, I must confess, I do not believe that Harry…" Dumbledore started but Hermione waved it off.

"Believe me or not, I don't care. This isn't reason of this meeting. Leave me to worry about my sanity." Dumbledore looked frustrated that she was cutting him off every time he tried to speak.

"Either way, I refuse to believe that Harry had asked such a promise from you," Dumbledore informed her. "He would have never gone down this route. He's not a killer." Hermione stared at him before laughing. The sound was hollow and scared the order.

"Harry's been a killer since he was one year old when he managed to vanquish Voldemort all those years ago. He spent 10 years of abuse at the hands of the Dursleys. He killed Quirrel in his first year, a Basilisk in his second year, he nearly died himself in third, fourth and fifth year. Harry wasn't the little innocent golden child you all liked to believe he was. He lost his innocence and he never got it back," she listed heatedly. "He watched Sirius die, then I was nearly killed and he was nearly killed while being possessed by Voldemort." She growled as the group, apart from Dumbledore, flinched at the name. "Believe what you want to believe, but believe me on this, I knew the real Harry Potter, the boy who just wanted a normal life instead of this crap you shoved on his shoulder."

Hermione sensed Ron was about to open his mouth and turned her glare on him. "And keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you. Don't think I have forgiven you for turning your back on him in our fourth year." She hissed at him. Ron flushed before slouching in his seat, embarrassed when the members turned to look at him.

"That is no excuse to go around killing people off," Dumbledore shot back, unsettled her claims that Harry wasn't as light as he believed. Hermione stared at him before an amused smirk crossed her face.

"You are under the impression that I did all of this on my own," Hermione told him. "I wasn't the one who killed Lucius Malfoy, or Wormtail or Bellatrix."

"Who else did you involve?" Dumbledore gritted out. Hermione chuckled.

"You make it seem like they didn't have a choice in the matter when that wasn't the situation at all. I approached them, offered them something what they really wanted and told them I could get it for them…providing they kept silent about my…job," Hermione explained.

"No," Dumbledore whispered, refusing to believe that people had kept silent when Hermione was going around murdering purebloods, even though they were Death Eaters and had done many bad things, they still deserved a chance at redemption.

"Oh yes, I have more allies than you, the Ministry and Voldemort put together. You'd be surprised how fed up people are with the Death Eaters claiming they were being threatened, under the imperius curse or they were scared. They helped me out," Hermione shrugged.

"But…how did you manage to capture them?" McGonagall asked, confused. "You captured and killed Umbridge, Malfoy, Peter and countless of other Death Eaters. You even tortured them, proven when Umbridge was revealed to have the scars from a blood quill."

"I have my sources," Hermione informed her. "Draco killed Lucius Malfoy."

"Wha…why?" asked McGonagall, confused.

"Because daddy dearest decided that he wanted to have his fun with Luna. He raped Luna in front of her father before killing her father in front of her before taking her again. She eventually told Draco, who wanted his father dead. I tortured him to make sure that he didn't know anything about Harry's death and to find out more of Voldemort and his plans before I handed him over to his son," Hermione explained with a shrug. "Peter…well, I had my fun with him. After all, he was the one who gave up James and Lily's hiding place. He was the reason why Harry had no parents at all. But, I wasn't the only one who wanted him dead and I gave him to someone who wanted him so badly."

"But…Sirius was the only one," Remus spoke up but Hermione shook her head.

"Cho Chang. After all, her boyfriend was killed because he was a 'spare' that shouldn't have arrived with Harry." The room was silent as they tried to digest the information they were being given.

"Bellatrix?" asked Tonks.

"I tortured her because I knew she was the one who killed Harry and I wanted information on who else was there with her. Took a while to give up the information but then again, I knew the incentive. After all, who would like to be tortured by the son of the parents she tortured to insanity." Understanding dawned on Dumbledore and the original members of the Order.

"Neville, you gave her to Neville," Dumbledore croaked out and Hermione nodded.

"You should have seen him. He was more than willing to take up his wand and torture the bitch. He even went without the wand when I showed him my method of torture. Let's just say she was more than willing to give up any information afterward. Of course, I couldn't kill her and I wouldn't let Neville either."

"You sold her out to Voldemort," Arthur caught on and Hermione nodded.

"She was his most faithful follower. She adored him, worshipped him. She was more than willing to carry out his orders so I took him away from her. After all, what's the worst thing that can happen? Death by the hand of a girl whose boyfriend had been stolen from her…or being killed by someone you worship more than your life? To see the pure hatred on his face just before he takes your life? That's the best revenge a person could possibly have."

"You have gone mad," Molly uttered out as tears came to her eyes over the loss of the young girl Hermione used to be.

"They killed Harry and sent me a recording of his death. I lost our child because of them. If that means I have gone mad, then yes, I agree with you. But when Death Eaters are walking about like they own the place, I will damn well do whatever it takes to bring them down. You and the Ministry may like to make excuses for them but we know that they all but begged Voldemort to mark them. All I did was cut off Voldemort's circle before slowly making my way in."

"You can't kill him," Dumbledore spoke up, convinced. Hermione grinned.

"Actually, I can. After all, Harry isn't alive. There was a statement saying 'neither can live while the other live'. Harry is dead; Voldemort isn't immortal as he likes to believe he is. 'The power he knows not' – well, the power was always going to be Harry. I die; Harry uses the power of his love for me to bring down Voldemort. Harry dies; I'm using my love for Harry to bring down Voldemort."

"Then why haven't you killed him?" Dumbledore asked.

"Because Voldemort has a very important part to play," she informed him. "It's not the right time."

"You just said that you want to take down You-Know-Who!" Ron shouted, "Why are you taking so long?"

"Because I have something else I need to do. Beside, Voldie doesn't like being scared and I want to keep him there. Beside, when I do finally get to him, I want him to know that he is alone and no-one will save him." Hermione informed them. Not even Dumbledore could counter her statement. She was giving them a chance to bring down Voldemort, a mad man who had terrorised their home and killed countless of people. Those who still protested at the thought of her killing Death Eaters couldn't fault her logic.

There was a warm buzzing feeling against Hermione's hip and she realised that she had spent too long with the Order. She had to get back to her mission. She was close to her goal and she wasn't going to be side-tracked now. "Oh, just to let you know. Each torture was a…tribute to them," Hermione told them as she stood up. "Umbridge used a blood quill on Harry when she was our DADA teacher in fifth year. All I did was returned the favour." Everyone paled as Hermione left the room and they began to wonder…just how much had they played in the role of Hermione turning dark.

TBC

There we go; the Order now knows about Hermione…

And this is only Part 1 of Dumbledore vs. Hermione. One more part and there is one more part of Ron vs. Hermione
Last edited by Bubblegal on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Ghost of You (HP:H/Hr) Mature/Adult. Chp 11 P.g 2 16/7

Post by Bubblegal »

booktv-girl2310: I am glad that you are enjoying my story :D

~~~ Chapter 12: Bonded ~~~

"Ma'am, we await your orders." Fred and George saluted as they stood tall in front of Hermione, who smiled fondly.

"I have an interesting one for you today," she informed them before she brought up a picture of someone they knew very well. Identical evil grins of understanding crossed their faces as they began to plot just how they would get their target.

Hermione turned when there was a crack and she saw Winky standing near the door of the room.

"Mistress, there are people at the front door," Winky told her. Hermione nodded.

"Thank you Winky." Winky bowed before disappearing. Hermione made her way out of the room. The twins followed her while discussing how they were going to get their next target. They would have to collaborate with Moody. The Aurors had never caught him before so they would need to ensure that they had the best way to capture their goal.

There was a knock at the door just as Hermione curled a hand around the handle. She tugged on it to reveal two members of the Order.

"Tonks, Remus," Hermione greeted.

"What?" Fred and George hurried over to the door to see the order members in front of Hermione before they brought up their wands, their faces hard. "If you think you are here to arrest Hermione, we will stop you," Fred warned them. Tonks and Remus just held their hands up in surrender.

"Its okay boys, I think they are more curious to what I'm doing," Hermione placated the boys before she stepped back and allowed the adults entrance to the house. The boys headed into another room, assured that Hermione would contact them if there was any problems.

"Wotcher Hermione," greeted Tonks. Hermione smiled as she closed the door.

"I never did thank you for telling me about Lucius," Hermione told her. Tonks just winked as Remus spun around to stare at the young Metamorphmagus.

"You gave up Malfoy?" Remus asked. Tonks shrugged.

"He raped Luna. I saw her after the rape. I knew that the Ministry wasn't going to do anything about it," Tonks explained before she shook her head. "I kept Hermione up to date on everything that was happening."

Remus was about to say something when he heard clicking sounds and turned to see Moody making his way into the room. He had a glass of amber liquid in his hand. Moody saw them as he walked to his seat.

"Moody?" Remus asked, incredulously. Moody gave him a short nod.

"Remus," He greeted before sitting down, taking a sip from his glass and he looked at Hermione. "You are letting him in?" Hermione nodded.

"I think it's a good time. The boys want to talk to you. I have another mission for them."

"Sure," Moody saw the twins come back into the room. They lit up when they saw him.

"We have a new mission. We need your input," Fred told him as they moved closer to the older man. George lifted up the picture. Moody arched an eyebrow when he saw the picture before he looked at Hermione, who nodded firmly.

"It's time we got him. I want him out of the game for good," she told him. Moody nodded before he gestured the boys to move in closer. They sat down across from him and they conversed in low tones.

"What are they up to?" Tonks asked as she followed Hermione into the kitchen.

"I gave them a new mission. They want Moody's ideas before they start the planning stage. This is an important one." Tonks nodded as she sat down at the table. Hermione switched the kettle on. She pulled down three cups. "Coffee or tea?" she asked.

"Coffee, please," Remus told her as he sat down.

"Herbal tea for me," Tonks said with a sheepish grin. Hermione nodded with a smile as she turned to the cupboard, pulling out the different containers.

"So, you have been doing this since you disappeared?" Remus asked, watching the young woman.

"No, I've only been doing this since I came back," Hermione corrected as she finished making their coffees and teas. She turned around and placed their cups in front of them. Tonks lifted her cup and took a sip, enjoying her tea. Remus just cupped his hands around his cup, enjoying the heat.

"You really got a recording of Harry's death?" Remus asked. Hermione nodded as she picked up her cup and sat down across from them.

"He didn't give in. He didn't give up any details of the Order or that damn prophecy. He kept his mouth shut…which is more than I can say for some people," Hermione took a sip from her cup. Remus felt tears come to his eyes over Harry's death. He had hoped that Harry hadn't suffered. Hearing from Hermione, he knew that Harry had suffered more than any of them could imagine.

"You are nearly finished, aren't you?" Tonks asked and Hermione nodded. Remus looked at Tonks before looking at Hermione. Tonks noticed this. "There hasn't been a lot death of Death Eaters lately. That means Hermione is close to completing her goal."

"She's right. I am nearly finished."

"What does that mean for you?" Remus asked as he looked at Hermione. "What are you going to do after this?" Hermione gave him a soft smile.

"I'm hoping that I will be able to move on and live my life the way Harry wanted me to," she told him. "I'm doing this for Harry. He knew that if he was to die, no one would stand up to Voldemort. They had always depended on him the moment he vanquished Voldemort when he was one years old. I'm showing the world that they do have the strength to fight back."

"Well they are now," Tonks spoke up with a grin. "The public are claiming that you are doing a better job than the Ministry and the Order put together. I think they like the fact that the Death Eaters are being killed rather than put through a trial where they have a chance to bribe their way out." Hermione nodded.

"That was why I was killing them. They were in Voldemort's company the last war, and they were in Voldemort's company this war. If we ever wish to move on in our lives, we have to cut out those who tries to drags us down." Tonks nodded in agreement.

"My Aunt sends you thanks for what you have done to Lucius. She has come back to the family; she and my mother are rebuilding their relationship." Hermione smiled.

"I am glad, family is important." Remus was shocked.

"But isn't Narcissa a Death Eater?" he asked. Hermione shook her head.

"She pretended she was a Death Eater but she never took the Mark. She didn't believe in Voldemort's ideas. She was arranged to marry Lucius and didn't have a choice in the matter," Hermione explained. Remus stared at her for a while longer before lowering his eyes, trying to deal with everything that was being revealed to him.

He heard doors shutting and he stood up, leaving his cool coffee behind. The girls were conversing quietly with each other, obviously understanding Remus needed to think.

Remus peered through the open door to see Moody was now reclining in his chair, taking a sip from his glass and sighing contently. He looked every inch of a man who was somewhat at peace with himself.

"Come and sit down, Lupin. There is no need to hover," Moody ordered. Remus flushed, he hadn't realised he had been so obvious. Heeding the order, he moved closer to the older man.

"How did you get involved?" Remus asked as he sat across from Moody.

"I found her shortly after she left," Moody told him. Remus stared at him, shocked. "I took a guess to where she would go. There weren't a lot of places but the Potters and Blacks had a lot of houses. I checked every single one of them till I found her. She was scouring every book she could get her hands on. She was desperate for revenge. I told her that I would help her out."

"Why?" he whispered.

"Because I was tired," Moody confessed. "I spent most of the first war chasing down the Death Eaters only for most of them to walk away by paying the Ministry enough gold or they escaped when Voldemort came back and freed them. I knew; the moment Harry was dead, that the Order wasn't going to do anything. Hermione, on the other hand, I knew she was going to go after them."

"And you trained her," Remus whispered, understanding. Moody nodded.

"I trained her, taught her everything I knew. I told her everything I knew of each Death Eaters. What they liked to do to their victims, what was their type. That girl…she turned it on them. She took what they liked and gave it back to them tenfold." Moody had a proud smile on his face as he shook his head. "I gave her over to some people that I knew. Let's just say they were well versed in the stuff that the Ministry like to class as 'dark'."

"The Order doesn't like it," Remus told him. Moody chuckled.

"The Order or Dumbledore?" asked the older man. Remus stayed silent and Moody nodded. "Albus has lost sight of the picture a long time ago. He placed everything on a young boy's shoulders and didn't train him. He told Harry why Voldemort was after him right after Harry had lost Sirius and seen his friends hurt."

Both of them sat in silence as they dealt with their thoughts. The future was uncertain at the moment, but they knew it was going to change. For the better or the worse, they didn't know.

They were disturbed by the girls coming out of the kitchen just as Fred and George came out of the library. The twins were dressed up in black protective gear. Remus could see that they were made out of dragon hide and frowned, wondering what was going on.

"Good luck boys," Moody told them, raising his glass.

"Got everything?" Hermione asked them and they nodded.

"Hermione, is there any limits?" Fred asked. Hermione smirked.

"Boys, I just need him in alive…I never said I need him in one piece," she reminded them. Fred and George stared at her before they turned to face each other with identical evil grins. They had the perfect net.

They left the house altogether. Tonks and Remus stared after them before they looked at Hermione, who just smiled brightly at them. "Don't worry, they'll be fine. After all, they were the ones who got me Bellatrix." With that, Hermione made her way into the library.

~_HxH_~

A few hours later, Fred and George entered the living room looking beat up and bloody but it didn't take away the smiles of triumphs they wore. Hermione came out of the library and smiled when she saw them.

I am assuming that your mission went well," she told them and they nodded. She looked concerned. "No scratches or bites?" They shook their heads.

"Nope, we were protected," George assured her.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"In the cage down the stairs," Fred took over.

"Dobby and Kreacher are watching over him," George explained. Hermione nodded before she looked at Tonks and Remus.

"Do you want to see what I have?" she led the way to the stairs that would take them to the cell. Tonks and Remus followed her until they came to stop of at the bottom of the stairs, staring at the cell in a stunned shock.

"Greyback," hissed Remus as he moved closer to see the feared werewolf chained up. Greyback snarled from where he tried to free himself from his chains. He was bloody due to cuts he had sustained in many areas. His bottom lip was split and there was a bruise forming around his left eye.

"Now, now, don't go killing yourself," Hermione warned as she stood near the cage. "I have big plans for you and I need you…well, I don't need you alive but I don't want you killing yourself too soon."

"You bitch, I swear I will tear you to pieces," Greyback snarled. Hermione shook her head in despair.

"Every time I capture someone, they always say that they will get me back in some way. It's ridiculous, don't you read the papers?" Hermione demanded as she glared at the werewolf. "None of you Death Eaters have made it out of my captive alive. Please tell me, just where are you getting the notion that I will allow you to get back at me?" Greyback seemed to have more brain cells than the rest of his comrades and stayed silent, watching the muggle-born witch before him.

"Why do you need him alive for now?" Tonks asked as she looked into the cage.

"Despite what the wizarding world believes, there is actually a cure for lycanthropy," Hermione informed them. Remus stared at her, barely breathing.

"Why…why would no-one tell us?" he asked and Hermione scoffed as she turned to face him.

"Because it requires the heart of the original biter," she informed him, arching an eyebrow as she did. "Do you honestly believe that the Ministry would risk that?" Tonks and Remus looked at each other before they looked at Hermione. "I need you to get me everyone who he bit. I should have a cure by the end of tomorrow, depending on how many victims there is."

"Why would they hide this from us?" he looked at Greyback, not believing what he was hearing.

"Because this is considered as Dark Magic. You need the heart of the werewolf and they are not going to cure people who are werewolves. It's much better to put them on the registration and declare them as dark," Hermione explained.

"How did you find out about this?" Tonks asked.

"There are a lot of things in the Blacks' books. What people don't realise these books goes back centuries. They had a lot of things in their books that were lost to the future."

"Like that spell you used on Bellatrix?" Remus asked. Hermione giggled.

"Does the Order still think that was a spell?" they looked at her curiously. "It was a potion. It was meant to oblivate the person from the memory but not the act itself. It's permanent, which is why the Ministry outlawed it. They don't like things that leave a permanent mark," she explained.

"A potion?" asked Remus, flabbergasted. Hermione nodded.

"Like the muggle world, the Wizarding world evolved regarding their spells. Everything, at one point, was a potion until they found a way to turn it into a spell."

"Do you want me to bring all the werewolves here?" Tonks asked and Hermione shook her head.

"I will give you the potions. Take it to St Mungos and give it to them there. I do not want people finding out about me being the Black Rose. Even though people are in favour of me bringing down Death Eaters, I am still a muggle-born and I do not want people trying to stop me." They nodded as they understood and Hermione smiled. "Great." She turned to face Dobby and Kreacher. "Can you please get my kit and the room ready?" They nodded and disappeared.

A few seconds later, they came back and bowed before her.

"Room is ready mistress," Dobby told her.

"Do you wish us to transport bad man?" Kreacher asked. Hermione nodded as she pulled out a gun from the holster on her thigh, hidden by her cloak. She pointed it at Greyback, squeezing the trigger as she did. A tranquiller dart shot out and slammed into the side of his neck.

Greyback let out a howl before he slumped to the side. Hermione made Kreacher wait for a moment before she nodded. Kreacher entered the cage and grabbed Greyback's arm before disappearing with him.

Hermione turned to them and Tonks nodded, slipping out of the room to pass the message on that there was a cure for those who had been bitten by Greyback. Remus headed into the living room where Moody was, reading a book. The twins were sitting on the floor playing exploding snap.

Hermione made her way to the room she called the 'cutting' room. That was where she did most of her torture. She had a potion to make.

~_HxH_~

Hermione made her way down the stairs to the cellar later that night. Everyone was asleep and she had another visitor she must visit. She pulled open the door and stepped into the dark room. In the middle of the room was a single chair.

"Hello Tom Riddle," Hermione greeted with a soft smile. Voldemort glared at her from where he was tied to the chair. She had found it surprisingly easy that they had managed to capture him. But then again, all of his Death Eaters, apart from a few, were now dead. They weren't around to protect him.

"You will pay for this," Voldemort promised her. Hermione chuckled.

"Oh, I hope so," she told him, confusing him. "I have such big plans for you. Do you want to know what they are?" He stayed silent. He had the feeling she was going to tell him whether he wanted to know or not. "Let's just say, I am so glad that you did that ritual back in Harry's fourth year." His confusion deepened.

"There is nothing you can do to me," Voldemort tried to bluff his way out of his confusion. He didn't like the fear that was beginning to coil up in his stomach. He was immortal, he was powerful. The world feared him. He would be damned if he let a little girl like her make him feel like this.

"You don't understand," Hermione circled the chair. "You just don't understand.

"Understand what?" Voldemort asked and Hermione smirked as she came to a stop in front of him, bending her upper body forward so she was staring at him right in the eye.

"Harry's blood brought you back," she whispered, bringing up a knife, the same knife she tried to kill herself with. Fear grew in Voldemort's eyes. "Your blood will bring Harry back. But I can't kill you just yet. No, it's not the right time."

"My Death Eaters will save me," Voldemort hissed and Hermione laughed.

"You can't even contact them because none of them are brought here and I'm killing them once I'm done with them. When I'm finished, I will be coming after you," she informed him.

"You will never be able to kill me," he hissed at her. Hermione just smiled brightly.

"You are not immortal, Riddle. You are just another man who wants power," Hermione told him as she brought the knife up, pressing it against his cheek. "I'm going to take that power away…and your life."

"No," Voldemort shook his head, refusing to believe her. He was powerful, he was immortal. He wasn't going to let a mere mud-blood kill him; he wasn't going to let that happen.

There was a crack and he saw a house-elf standing off to the side.

"Hello Winky," Hermione greeted the house-elf. "I have a mission for you. Keep an eye on this man here. He is very important to our plans." Winky bowed her head.

"Winky will do what Mistress requests. Winky will not betray Mistress," she looked at Voldemort with a hard glare. She knew of the bad man. He had been the reason why her last master had been hurt. Hermione gave her a smile.

"I know you won't Winky. You have been a very good house-elf to me," Hermione assured the young creature before she looked at Voldemort. "Do whatever you want with him. Just make sure you don't kill him." Winky nodded as she suddenly smirked. Voldemort felt a cold shiver down his back at the sight.

Winky moved closer to Voldemort and snapped her fingers. Voldemort's body stiffened before it jerked as electrical currents shot through his body. He clenched his teeth, refusing to give into the pain.

Hermione watched him for a moment before she turned on her heels and made her way over to the stairs. Voldemort watched her make her way up the stairs before he broke.

"I won't let you do this!" Voldemort screamed.

"Scream all you want, it just makes it sweeter," Hermione told him. With that, she left the room, closing the door and cutting off his screams.

TBC
Last edited by Bubblegal on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Ghost of You (HP:H/Hr) Mature/Adult. Chp 12 P.g 2 23/7

Post by Bubblegal »

booktv-girl2310 - I am glad that you are enjoying my story. I wanted to do a difference regarding the usual family type in Harry Potter stories. The heart of a werewolf was usually the cure in the older books, that's where I got it from. You will see what happens with your other questions in this chapter :wink:

~~~ Chapter 13: The Other Side ~~~

Hermione walked through the halls of Hogwarts. She had been at the library to get more books. She was close now and she needed more information before she went ahead with what she had to do. It was important and she couldn't risk failing it.

The students around her were whispering excitedly as they looked at the newspapers. The cure for those who had been bitten by Greyback had made the front page. A lot of people had been bitten by Greyback when they were children and they all had been cured.

The Ministry had been in an uproar over the cure. They had tried to prevent the cure from being given out but they had been told after the cure had been administered. The healers at St. Mungos had been furious to hear that there had been a cure for lycanthropy and they hadn't been told about it.

That had served a bigger blow to the Ministry. The Public was beginning to lose faith in them and Hermione could only hope that Amelia Bones would win the votes for the next election. She would renew the public's faith in the Ministry.

"Hermione!" she heard Ron call her name before a hand slid around her elbow. Yanking her arm away, she spun around to see Ron breathing heavily as he looked at her.

"What do you want Ron?" she asked, not in the mood to deal with him today. He had been trying to corner her ever since her confession that she had slept with Harry but she had made sure he couldn't find her.

"I wanted to talk to you," he told her in a hushed tone as he noticed the students milling about, obviously waiting for something to happen. Entertainment had been slow since Harry's death and the anger simmering between Hermione and Ron indicated something big was going to happen.

"About what?" she asked, not bothering to keep her voice hushed. She knew that Ron didn't want people to know what happened between her and Harry but she didn't care. She had other things to deal with and dealing with Ron's misplaced anger that Harry had apparently 'stolen' her wasn't one of them.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Ron asked. Hermione shook her head.

"I am busy," she replied curtly.

"Come on, Hermione," Ron complained.

"I don't have time, Ronald. I do have my mission to do. Ron blanched at the thought of her mission and remembered her telling them that she was the Black Rose.

"Why wouldn't you tell me about being the Black Rose?" Ron asked.

"Because you would have run off to Dumbledore and told him," Hermione informed him.

"I could have helped you," Ron insisted. Hermione shook her head.

"You couldn't have. I know you Ron. Anything dark and you go running to your mother, who would run to Dumbledore." Ron flushed. "I have work to do, and dealing with you, your mother and Dumbledore was not on my list."

"But what you are doing…"

"It is for the good of the world…isn't that something Dumbledore likes to say? The greater good? The best thing for the world is to get rid of inbreeding filth like them. Besides, they were involved in Harry's death and I was not going to let them walk into some jail only for them to walk right back out."

"About Harry…" Ron started.

"Be careful where you step Ron," she warned; her eyes dark.

"Why would you sleep with him?" he asked, ignoring her warning. "I would have thought you would have some common sense, he did nearly get us killed during the Ministry."

"If you remember clearly, I told you all that it was a trap. Even Harry knew that it was probably a trap but he still went because he wanted to make sure Sirius was safe. Despite knowing that, you all still came. Don't lay the blame at Harry's feet," Hermione hissed out, furious. "And as I said, we were both grieving for Sirius and we took comfort in each other. It wasn't planned, it just happened…and I don't regret it."

"Hermione…did Harry force you?" Ron asked. "Did he drug you or did he use some excuse on how he was upset to get you into his bed?" Hermione's jaw tightened as she glared at him. "You can tell me the truth, I won't get upset."

"I slept with Harry!" she shouted at him. "I wanted to sleep with him. He never drugged me or forced me or seduced me. We were both grieving and we took comfort in each other. What we did is none of your business Ron. I can sleep whoever I want to. You have no say in my personal life!"

"No say?" he shouted. "I thought we were best friends! Best friends don't go around stealing girlfriends from each other." Hermione gave him a sardonic laugh.

"Girlfriend, Ron? I'm sorry but when did you ask me out? I must have blinked and missed it," she informed him scathingly before mock thinking as she tapped her chin. "Oh wait, now I remember, when you gave me that stupid perfume for Christmas."

"You said you liked it!" Ron snapped.

"Ron, in the muggle world, it's considered as a joke. That you left the shopping until the last minute and decided to buy the cheapest thing available. I never wore the perfume. I put it in the bin because it was not something I would wear."

Ron's face turned red with anger but Hermione didn't care. She was sick and tired of Ron acting like he owned her. She barely put up with it during her third and fourth year but she kept quiet for Harry's sake. But now, she was going to set him straight for once and for all. And if he didn't like it, then she didn't care.

"If I was rich as Harry, I could have given you something better like he did…oh wait…he got you a book," Ron bit out scathingly.

"At least he knew what I liked! He was a better friend than you!"

"I'm his best friend!" Ron shouted. "He was a lousy mate for stealing you! No good friend would do that!" Hermione gritted her teeth.

"You are a horrible friend," Hermione spat at him. "You bully and belittle me because I like to read and study, because I actually like to do homework. You were an awful friend to Harry because you believed the lies of Harry being the Slytherin heir in second year; I had to talk sense into you for you to stay around with Harry. Third year, you blew up over a broomstick that Harry got. Trust me; I was beginning to wonder about your sexuality. You turned your back on Harry in fourth year, you believed the lies and you walked away."

"Hermione…"

"You were jealous and bitter because Harry got everything, he had the fame, he had the money and he had the glory. Not once did you ever think that Harry would give up everything he had for just one moment with his parents, to have Sirius free." Ron's face turned red as Hermione moved in closer. "That is why I could never be with someone like you." She turned away from Ron only for him to grab her left arm hard. She looked back at him.

"He was nothing more than an attention seeking back stabbing bastard who got you to be his whore," Ron snarled, lashing out. Hermione yanked her left arm out as her right hand was pulled back before it slammed sideways, slapping Ron on the cheek as hard as she could. She spun on her heels and strode away with her head held up high while everyone whispered to each other.

Ron stood there, nursing his cheek. He knew that he had just lost any chance of redeeming their friendship.

~_HxH_~

Hermione was sitting by herself in the Great Hall reading her books and taking notes. The story of Hermione slapping Ron had spread throughout Hogwarts and everyone was making sure to stay away from Hermione.

McGonagall stepped into the Great Hall and walked over to Hermione, who was still hunched over her books. She looked over Hermione's shoulders to see that it was school work and her heart hurt for the young woman before her. She had thought long and hard over Hermione's confession and she had related to Hermione.

Unknown to a lot of people, McGonagall had gotten married and lost her husband during the war of Gellert Grindelwald. He had been tortured and killed, nearly sending her on a rampage but Dumbledore had been there for her and got her through her grief.

Looking at Hermione, she knew that none of them could have comforted her, not if she had lost a child shortly after seeing Harry's death.

"Can I help you, Professor McGonagall?" Hermione asked without looking. McGonagall blushed lightly as she realised she had been staring at Hermione for a while. Hermione turned her head, looking at her teacher with a curious expression.

"Miss Granger, could you come with me?" McGonagall asked. "The Headmaster wishes to see you." Hermione stared at her before she nodded, collecting her books and they made their way to the Headmaster's office.

McGonagall gave the password and they rode up the spiralling staircase to reach the door. McGonagall knocked on it before waiting for permission. Once it was granted, she pushed the door open and allowed Hermione to step through.

Dumbledore lifted his eyes and smiled when he saw them.

"Ah, Miss Granger, I'm glad to see you." He looked at McGonagall and nodded. "That will be all Minerva." She nodded before closing the door and left them. "Please, take a seat."

Hermione placed her books on the ground before sitting down on the chair across from Dumbledore, crossing her legs as she did and waited patiently for him to say whatever he needed to say. She had a suspicion to why she was here.

Dumbledore stared at her, waiting for her to break but Fawkes gave a low trill at seeing the newcomer. He flew from his perch to the armrest. Hermione smiled as she reached out, caressing the bird's chest.

"Hello Fawkes. Harry has told me about you," Hermione greeted. Fawkes gave a happy trill. Dumbledore stared at the scene before him shocked. Phoenixes were the symbol of light. To see Fawkes accepting Hermione despite the dark path she had taken was confusing and shocking.

Hermione turned to face the older man and sighed. "Tell me why I'm here or I will leave. I have things to do and sitting here, having a silent conversation isn't part of it."

"I wanted to talk about your confession," Dumbledore told her. Hermione sighed.

"Yes, I am the Black Rose. Yes, I have been going around killing 'Purebloods' and spilling the street with their blood," she finished off sarcastically. "I have already told you my reasons why I turned on this path. I do not see any reason to bring this up again."

"I am concerned about the fact that Harry had made you promise…have we truly failed him for him to turn dark?" Hermione scoffed as she pulled her hand away from Fawkes plumage, causing an annoyed squawk from the bird.

"Harry was grieving for his uncle. He was grieving for the last of his innocence. He told me everything that happened. Including you telling him the contents of the prophecy straight after he sees Sirius' death, me being cut down before him and being possessed by Voldemort. Interesting method. Just think how many lives could have been protected if you had told Harry the truth from the beginning!"

"I wanted him to have a childhood," Dumbledore tried only to stop when he got a dark glare from the young woman before him.

"What childhood?" she gritted out. "He was abused by the Dursleys. His bedroom for ten years was the cupboard under the stairs." Dumbledore flinched. "Each year, he came here…he was subject to more abuse before being forced back to that hell-hole! Don't you dare use that excuse on me because it won't wash!" She stood up, placed her hands on the table and glowered at the Headmaster.

"Miss Granger…Hermione…surely you see that Harry wasn't in his right mind when he asked you for this promise?"

"Old man…I would have still done the same thing, promise or no promise because I refuse to let people hurt Harry and get away with it!"

"You can't do this," Dumbledore tried to placate her but only succeeded in pissing her off even more.

"Why?" she asked. "They are going around raping, torturing and murdering muggle-borns all because they want to prove that they are superior to them. They killed Harry because they were humiliated by a bunch of fourth and fifth years. Tell me why I shouldn't give them a taste of their own medicine?"

"They should be tried under the jury system," Dumbledore told her. "It is not right for us to take matters into our own hands."

"The same system that allows them to buy their way out?" scoffed Hermione. "Lucius Malfoy raped Luna Lovegood. He had raped countless of women but all he had to do was pay the Minister a bunch of gold and he got away with a pardon. Death Eaters who were caught and put in Azkaban escaped thanks to Voldemort breaking into it. If you stopped to think about it, the same people who were in the Death Eaters ranks the last war, except the ones who betrayed or died, are the in this war. There are only so many chances you can give a person before the world gets tired of their excuses."

"But…" Dumbledore tried once more but Hermione shook her head.

"You can protest all you like but they do not care for the fact that they had killed countless of people. They enjoyed the killing; they enjoyed the raping and the torturing. Voldemort didn't have to force them; they joined him willingly because he gave them an opening. And even with Voldemort gone…they will continue to do it, no matter what anyone says."

"But we can show them the errors of their way!" Dumbledore protested.

"How can you show them the errors of their way if you will not show them the punishment?" Hermione demanded. "All you want to do is stun and arrest them! My way, they know that they will die painfully and slowly if they do not cooperate with me. You give them a slap on the wrist and they are free to do everything all over again!"

"We are close to Voldemort," Dumbledore told her. "Once Snape comes back and gives his report, we will be close to stopping Voldemort." Hermione chuckled as she sat down on the chair.

"Snape is dead," Hermione informed him, stunning the older man. "He died by my hand. I wish I could say it was a quick painless death but that would be lying." Dumbledore's face went from pale to red with anger.

"How dare you kill him? We need him to win this war!" Dumbledore shouted.

"I killed him for his treatment of Harry. He was nothing but a bully who couldn't handle the fact that Harry survived when his parents didn't…or shall I say when Lily didn't." Dumbledore stared at Hermione, unsure of what she knew. Hermione smirked. "Oh yes, I know that Snape was the one who overheard parts of the Prophecy and I know he's the one who gave it to Voldemort."

"What about…Lily?" he asked and Hermione chuckled.

"Oh…I know that he wanted Lily as a…reward for giving up the Potters," Hermione told him. "And Snape didn't tell me that."

"Who…who did?" he asked, fearing the answer.

"Harry," Hermione informed him. "Back in our third year, when the Dementors attacked him, he told me that he heard his mother begging Voldemort to spare his life…but the weird thing was…Voldemort was telling Lily to stand aside." Hermione shook her head. "I never caught on at that time, neither of us did. It wasn't until I got it from Peter, when I tortured him, and all of the pieces fell into place. Snape had asked Voldemort to spare Lily so he could have her as a reward when Voldemort killed Harry." Dumbledore grew pale. Hermione chuckled. "Trust me, I damn well made sure I got everything from Snape. He confessed. He had believed himself to be in love with Lily and was pissed that James was the one who got her, that he got her pregnant. Snape wanted Lily and he sold out the Potters, despite the fact that he owed James a life debt, just so he could have Lily as his sex slave."

"No…" Dumbledore tried to deny it but Hermione slammed her hands onto the table, startling him, and stood up.

"Voldemort will die by my hand, old man. Stay out of my way unless you wish to die too." With that, Hermione strode off not looking back. It was time and she wasn't going to let a misguided Headmaster stop her.

~_HxH_~

Within one of the room in one of the Potters' house, Voldemort was strapped down to the large table, nearly naked except from the boxers the elves had kept on him. He was wriggling as he tried to get freed but he was unable to do so. He had tried to use his wandless magic but failed. He could only assume it was due to the house-elves having wards up to prevent wandless magic.

He turned his head when he heard a noise and saw Hermione making her way into the room with another large table covered with a sheet. The table came to a stop just across from him and Hermione smiled.

"Hello Tommy, welcome to my ritual room. Comfortable?" she asked. Voldemort glared at her. "I have a little surprise for you." She grabbed the corner of the sheet and whipped it off the table. Voldemort stared at body on the table.

The body had been skinned from head to toe. The eyes and tongue had been cut out and the blood had been drained completely. The face was contorted in horror and that did nothing to quell the fear that was building up inside the dark lord.

"What's the matter Tommy? Don't you recognise him?" Hermione asked. Voldemort looked at her and she grinned. "After all, he was only yours and Dumbledore's precious spy." Voldemort's eyes widen in shock as he looked at the body once more and Hermione nodded. "Yep, this is Severus Snape…the potion master…and pitiful man who bullied Harry all because he looked like his father. I took my time with him, as you can see," she waved a hand at the body, "He was very cooperative, especially when I forced fed him one of my special potions."

"Why…why is he here?" Voldemort asked.

"Like I said, Harry's blood brought you back, your blood will bring him back…but that's not enough. I need more than your blood…I need all of your blood." Understanding dawned on him.

"My Death Eaters…" he started and Hermione nodded.

"Yes, I needed their blood…and their souls. Not to mention, I had to get the people who had been tainted by the darkness, thanks to you and your Death Eaters, to help me out. And I had to get you to kill your most loyal follower…Bellatrix." Voldemort growled. "Oh, don't get your boxers in a twist, she tortured and killed Harry, getting you to kill her was too easy."

"Why Snape?" he asked.

"Because he's the one who started this whole chain in motion," Hermione started. "He gave you the first part of the prophecy and gave up Harry, asking for Lily in return for a reward. Did you know that he owned James a life debt?" Voldemort's eyes nearly bulged out of his head at the knowledge. Now he understood why Snape had done his best to save Harry on the Quidditch Pitch.

The sound of metal scraping against metal brought Voldemort out of his thoughts and he saw Hermione was now at his table with a knife in her hand, letting it trace over the edge of the table. "It's time…Tommy."

She brought the knife to his skin and started cutting patterns into him. Voldemort snarled as he tried to jerk his body away from her cutting but he was too firmly strapped down. All the while, she was muttering under her breath as she carefully but quickly cut the symbols.

It was nearly time; she could feel it. She needed to be quicker. Soon she was finished with the symbols and she placed the knife into the bowl of warm water before she picked up another knife, the same one she had tried to kill herself with and gave him a feral smile, he felt his fear speed up a notch.

Hermione climbed up onto the table, straddling Voldemort as she did. Voldemort watched as she raised the knife high in the air over her head, both hands wrapped around the hilt and in that moment, lightning flashed and the image before him changed. Harry Potter was in place where Hermione was and Voldemort felt his eyes widen when he realised just what was coming.

He opened his mouth but it was too late, Harry/Hermione brought the knife down, plunging it into Voldemort's chest, narrowly missing the ribs and ripping through into his heart. Voldemort arched with a scream. There was a rumble as Hermione came back to her senses and she scrambled off the table, stumbling when the room started bleeding.

The ground underneath the table rumbled louder before it slowly spilt apart to reveal a dark pool of blood. She watched it as it rippled before several of bloody claws shot out from the puddle and clamped themselves around Voldemort's still squirming body.

Voldemort gasped when he felt hands and looked down to see the dangerous claws, the sharp black talons before screaming as understanding dawned on him.

With a hard tug, the top of the table was pulled into the pool with a crunch. Voldemort yelled even harder, squirming as he tried to free himself when the hands at the bottom of the table tugged, pulling it in further.

The claws started to cut into Voldemort, seeking the symbols that allowed them to touch their newest toy and he screamed as his skin began to ripple due to the talons digging in and cutting his skin away.

The claws tugged even harder and he was pulled halfway into the portal. He knew that he was losing the battle but he was desperate.

"I will come back!" Voldemort screamed; his red eyes locked on Hermione. "I will come back!"

"No…you won't," Hermione said, softly but surely. He was finished. Voldemort's eyes bulged out in fear, screaming just as claws covered his face and pulled him in completely.

The portal closed itself up and the blood slowly began to disappear within the walls. She looked around when there was smoke and a man came out of it. She looked at him before biting her bottom lip. The witch, who had taught her the ritual, had told her what to expect but it was still a shock to see it first-hand.

A man dressed in a long black cloak stood in front of her with an expressionless face. He was quite handsome with shaggy black hair and ice blue eyes. Hermione stared at him before she broke the silence.

"Did…Did I do it? Did I make it on time?" she asked. He stared at her for a long time that fear made Hermione tense. She had to have done it on time, please let her have done it on time.

After a long time, he gave her a slow nod. Hermione gaped at him before relief shot through her. Her knees weakened and she fell to her knees, sobbing. Tears of happiness coursed through her as a bright smile tugged at her lips. She had done it. Laugher bubbled up from her chest. She had done it.

After managing to control herself, she looked up at the older man who was watching her with a pensive look.

"When?" She ran a shaky hand through her hair. "When will he be back?"

"Where is his body?" he asked, his voice rough. She struggled to her feet before she led the way over to another room. Pushing the door open, she stepped in and pointed to the end of the room.

He looked and saw Harry Potter's body perfectly preserved inside a glass coffin before he looked at her questioningly before shaking his head. He moved over to Harry's body, removing the lid and placed his hand over the still chest.

Hermione watched fitfully as she heard unintelligible words coming from the man. A bright light surrounded Harry before Harry's back arched his mouth parting in a silent scream before the man stepped back as the glow snapped inside of Harry.

Harry gasped, his green eyes fluttering open. Happiness filled Hermione up to the point she felt she was going to burst.

"Harry!" Hermione cried as she ran forward, cupping his face as she peered down at him, more tears of happiness falling unbidden from her eyes. Harry blinked up at her before he smiled warmly, his hand coming up and caressing her cheek.

"My brilliant bookworm," he greeted her affectionately "You did it. I should have never doubted you." Hermione bent down and kissed him. His hand cupped the back of her head, holding her close as he tasted her once more.

Hermione was savouring the taste of him. It had been so long since she had tasted him. She broke the kiss and buried her face into his neck, holding him close. He continued to stroke her hair, whispering into her ear before he pressed a kiss to her neck.

There was a cough and Hermione pulled away from Harry to look at the man once more. He gave her a small smile.

"Remember of our deal. For he to be immersed in the earthly plane once more, a sacrifice is required and it must be dealt by his hand," the man warned her and Hermione nodded.

"I know of the perfect person," she assured him. The man gave her a nod before he faded in a swirl of black cloud. She turned back to Harry. She touched his face. "You're back…you're back." She kissed him again.

"I missed you so much," Harry whispered as she helped him to sit up and he touched her cheek. "It was hell staying away from you." He kissed her softly before Hermione arched an eyebrow.

"You weren't coming to me at night and keeping me in a sleep while you had your wicked way with me?" Harry blushed and stammered before Hermione laughed. It felt good to laugh. "Harry, I knew you were coming to me…and I know you weren't doing anything." Harry just glared at her for nearly giving him a heart attack.

"So…what did the man mean?" Harry asked.

"For you to stay alive, you need to kill someone for your soul to stay with your body," Hermione explained. Harry nodded as he tried to get up but he felt weak. His body, while being preserved, hadn't been used for over a year so it would take time for him to build his strength up.

Hermione slipped an arm around his waist, helping him up. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as he gingerly got to his feet. Hermione began helping him walk over to the other side of the room where there was another.

"Who do you have for me to kill?" Harry asked, curious. As far as he knew, Hermione had taken out nearly everyone. Hermione gave him a shy smile.

"I was going to kill him when I remembered what you said, so I left him for you," Hermione helped Harry over to the door. She reached out with her hand, which was supporting his chest, and twisted the handle, pushing it open.

The light behind them lit up a path toward the centre of the room where a man was bound up and tied to the chair. The man lifted his head and his eyes widened when he spotted Potter alive and well. Harry stared at him blankly for a few moments before it dawned on him and he gave Hermione a warm feral grin. She smiled back at him, both pleased that he was back and that he was pleased with her choice of sacrifice for him.

Harry turned to face the man once more, scanning him. He was badly beaten; courtesy of the twins who had taken a dislike to the man the moment they had found out that he was the one who nearly killed Hermione in the Ministry.

"Hello…Dolohov," he greeted.

The End/TBC

Harry is back…

One more chapter
Last edited by Bubblegal on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Ghost of You (HP:H/Hr) Mature/Adult. Chp 13 P.g 2 29/7

Post by Bubblegal »

booktv-girl2310: This chapter is set 6 months later and mostly focuses on Harry/Hermione. Hope you enjoy it :D

~~~ Epilogue: Heaven Can Wait ~~~

*6 months later*

Hermione sighed when she felt soft lips press against the back of her left shoulder where the butterflies tattoo was. A hand slid over her naked hip under the covers before sliding upward to cup her breast, rubbing a thumb over her hardening nipple.

She moaned as she shifted closer to the warm hard body behind her as the lips moved up her neck then the tip of his tongue flickered against the sweet spot that was just behind her ear. She gasped as the hand, playing with her breast, slid down her body, caressing her stomach before venturing lower to the curls between her legs.

Her left hand slid into her lover's thick dark hair as her head fell back onto his shoulder. He shifted closer to her, she could feel his hardness pressed against her buttocks and she rubbed against it. His index finger slide inside of her and she bit her bottom lip.

His lips moved down her neck before he gently bit the skin between the juncture of her neck and shoulder. She tightened her hand in his hair as her walls tightened around his finger.

Harry moaned as he turned her onto her back, shifting on top of her as he kissed her. Hermione moaned as she slipped her arms around his neck. He pulled his finger out of her, helping her to spread her legs before he shifted and slid into her.

Hermione gasped as she wrapped her legs around his waist, her left hand sliding down his back, the gold band around her ring finger glinted in the sunlight while her right hand slid into his hair.

He gripped her thighs, his thicker gold band rubbing against her thigh as he broke the kiss so he could look at her as he made love to her. He loved looking at her when she lost control when he pushed her over the edge.

Her eyes darkened as her lips parted. She whispered his name before her eyes fluttered close, her orgasm taking over her before she opened her eyes once more, filled with lust, wonderment and love. She tugged his head down, kissing him softly and tenderly as he emptied himself into her before he slumped against her body, enjoying the feel of her soft curves pressed against him.

Hermione kissed the top of his head, holding him close as he regained his sanity and strength while savouring the feel of him. He felt hot and heavy, something she loved. Harry managed to lift himself off her and sighed as he turned onto his back, breathing heavily while Hermione curled into his side, closing her eyes as she did. She didn't think she would get used to being like this with Harry. There had been a time she didn't think she would be with him again.

She thought back to everything they had been through since he had come back to her. It's been long six months but she wouldn't change it for anything.

"Do…do you think we'll ever be able to go back?" Hermione asked, shifting her head so she could look up at the face of her husband, her fingers tracing patterns on his stomach.

"I don't know," Harry admitted, pressing his lips against her forehead for a brief moment before he settled back against the pillows, his fingers following the line of her spine. "Not while they still believe you've gone dark." His voice took on a hard tone as he remembered what happened after he had come back. She had given him Antonin Dolohov, a man who Harry had been gunning for since his attack against Hermione in the Department of the Ministry.

They had gone to see the Order and the Ministry where Hermione had recounted everything she had done. They had been aghast over what she had done and promptly announced her as dark. As a result, they were hunted by Aurors despite she had taken down Voldemort. Harry had been classed a dark creature because he had been dead when Hermione brought him back.

Harry mentally snorted as he thought about the Ministry. They were nothing but sheep, following those who bleated the loudest. It wasn't hard to see how Voldemort had managed to rise so quickly among them, gathering followers. They had done the same with Harry, claiming him as their hero one moment then claiming him as an attention-seeking liar. No matter what they did, it was never enough for the wizarding world.

When the first attack came, Harry grabbed Hermione and disappeared with her, leaving the house a burning inferno that had probably harmed, possibly even killed, people but he didn't care. One of the attackers had dared to use a killing curse against her and Harry had done whatever it took to protect her.

They had gotten married shortly after their disappearance and were enjoying their honeymoon away from the wizarding world. Not that they were out of touch completely. Hermione had made firm allies with Draco, Luna, Cho, Neville, Bill and Fleur; Fleur had always had a soft spot for Harry for saving her sister in his fourth year. Hermione and Fleur had become good friends during the year Hermione had gone back to Hogwarts.

The twins had already been behind Harry since they first met each other so there was no danger of them giving up the whereabouts of the Potters.

Remus and Tonks had gone with them because Tonks had fallen pregnant, even though Remus was no longer a werewolf; they were still scared for their baby's life.

They kept an eye on the papers to make sure that they weren't being close to being found. Hermione's parents had been given the full truth and, at first, they had been shocked at what their daughter had done before they understood. Hermione had been pushed to the limit. They promised to stay by their daughter no matter what but they stayed in London, fending off questions off where their daughter was. They were telling the truth when they said they didn't know where Hermione was. None of them did.

"It'll be a long time before they stop classing me as dark," Hermione reminded him.

"Then it'll be a long time before we return to the wizarding world," Harry responded simply.

"What about our children?" she asked. "They'll probably be magical and they're bound to get letters from Hogwarts." Harry shook his head.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," Harry assured her. "But our children will never be used as tools against us. I promise you that." Hermione nodded.

"Tonks has been asking when I plan on getting pregnant. Apparently she wants Teddy to have a play mate," Hermione changed the conversation to a lighter tone. She didn't want to think about that time any more. Harry snorted. Only Tonks would name her kid before it was even born. She still had four months left to go yet she was determined to make sure that her son would have a play mate shortly after he was born.

Harry and Hermione were in line to become the Godmother and Godfather, a job that they two of them were more than willing to take up.

"If she wants a play mate for Teddy, she can badger Fleur to get pregnant," Harry remarked before shaking his head before he flipped them over so he was above her once more. "Besides, I want to keep you to myself a little longer." Hermione giggled as Harry brushed his lips over hers before moving downward.

He pressed kisses on her nipples before shifting down and peppered kisses over her stomach, making her giggle before she cupped his face and brought his face back up to hers.

She leaned forward and kissed his forehead, her lips brushing against the once vivid scar that once defined who he was to the Wizarding World. Now, it was what a 16 year old scar should look like, faded and giving way to a new future.

A future where the generation would never have to worry about Voldemort or Death Eaters, they would just be stories from the past. A future where the two of them could concentrate on what they wanted to do, live their lives together.

The End

Wow, I finished this story and it's been one heck of a ride for me to write it!
Last edited by Bubblegal on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics