Sparkle & Burst (TEEN) 1/1 VM COMPLETE

Like Castle, Supernatural, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, or any other fandom? Write Fan Fiction for it? Then go ahead and post it here!

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

sugarplum17
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Sparkle & Burst (TEEN) 1/1 VM COMPLETE

Post by sugarplum17 »

Title: Sparkle & Burst
Author: Blondie aka Blondiekins aka sugarplum17
Disclaimer: I’m just playing, I don’t own them and no infringement is intended.
Summary: Even if it’s only for a little while, Veronica needs to lose herself. She needs to sparkle and burst.
Rating: Rated Teen
Pairing: LoVe
Author’s Note: One shot deal. Listened to Work by Jimmy Eat World while writing this. Takes place BEFORE Leave it to Beaver and is a slighly different ending to A Trip to the Dentist. Minus hidden cameras and Weevil-to-the-rescue. :wink:

<center>Sparkle & Burst: Can We Take a Ride?</center>

She drops her head on the seat and stares at the open sky. Its odd, to say the least, to be a passenger in her own vehicle, but at this particular point in time she isn’t too interested in pondering that.

Her gaze is captured instead by the twinkling stars that are whizzing by over head.

“Can we get out of here?” She asks quietly as she sidles up next to him. Duncan left, Meg is staring at her like she’s just killed a puppy, and Madison Sinclair is trying to give her yet another trip to the dentist. She places a hand over her throat and tries to force herself to breathe. This party is suffocating her.

“You okay?” The gentle question posed brings a smile to her face. With one roll of her head, she’s looking at him. His large hands are gripping her steering wheel and his concern showing is through his features as he glances at her.

“Yeah.”

“I need to get out of this place.” She glances around as she backs toward the door. This is not what she wanted. Not how she wanted her relationship with Logan Echolls to become public. Although she isn’t surprised by everybody’s reactions. She had pretty much been banking on Dick being a dick and the 09er girls being fake to her. Only this time, she definitely wasn’t going to fall for it. There would be no slumber parties, no talking about their boyfriends, and definitely no braiding hair.

“That was fun, right?” He fixes his gaze on the road and she wonders, as she stares at his beautiful profile, if he will become an actor like his parents.

“Come on.” He holds out his hand to her, paying no mind to anyone else in the room. “Let’s take a ride.” He glances around before leaning in and whispering as though they are conspiring to commit some crime, “Let’s get out of this place while we still have time.”

“Your dad throws some happening parties.” She smiles as she rolls her head to stare at the stars above them. It’s her nature now days to be curious, which is why she can’t help but wonder where Logan is planning on taking her. She closes her eyes as she realizes that she really doesn’t care. She’s coming along for the ride.

“If it was so loving and tender why did I wake up alone searching for my underwear?”

She shakes her head. She won’t think about that. If she thinks about that, she is going to puke. It was Duncan, her possible half brother, and still she feels violated. Maybe because the choice had been taken out of her hands? Back then, blissfully unaware of information recently learned, she would have slept with him sober. She would have given herself to him. The fact that someone else, by indirect means, made that choice for her? She hates it.

“So what happened?” Logan asks, breaking the silence between them.

Reaching over she gently pulls a hand off the steering wheel and threads her fingers through his, allowing herself to take pleasure in the mixture of the soft but rough skin on his hand. “Let’s not talk about it.”

She forces herself to smile, to pretend that it isn’t a sick and twisted tale. She was violated by someone who very well could end up being her brother. She doesn’t want Logan to look at her like she is some girl in the Lifetime movie of the week. She will tell him half of the story, but not now. He squeezes her hand.

The simple gesture is all he needs to do to let her know that he is there for her. For whatever she needs him to be. She remembers giving him a similar one on his knee when they were trying to track down his mother.

She returns to staring at the sky above them and marvels at how they sparkle. Sometimes, she wishes that she could float up toward them and just...burst. The explosion of her mind and body would be seen from Earth and she would sparkle like a diamond in the sky. She’d feel nothing, worry about nothing, care about nothing. Problems solved.

They remain silent for the rest of the drive and when the car comes to a slow stop, she looks at her surroundings and realizes they are at the beach. The same ocean that Lilly went skinny dipping in. The same one that Veronica had been too afraid to shed her clothes for. The same one that a year later, she’d stepped in Lilly’s footprints that were long ago carried out to sea and let the salty water caress her naked body while thinking about a friend long gone.

“This place makes me feel close to her.” Logan said as he kills the engine and relaxes into her driver’s seat.

Veronica smiles. “Yeah. Me too.”

It’s companionable silence for a while both passenger and driver are lost in their own worlds thinking about someone named Kane. Veronica is glad she can’t remember. The thought of remembering that you slept with your brother brings bile rushing up into your throat. She quickly swallows.

“I need a favor.” She says suddenly and she thinks to hell with taking a shot everytime someone asks her for help, she should take one every time she asks someone for favors. He looks at her with a patient expression and follows the movement of her hand as she leans over and reaches between his legs. For a moment, it appears as though she’s going for his fly but when his seat slides back, he knows otherwise.

He watches her as she lifts herself out of her seat and climbs over him. His hands move to her hips as she straddles his lap. He remains silent as he tips his head back to look her in the eye.

“Kiss me.” She angles her head and touches her lips to his.

She needs this to be her choice. She can’t remember the feel of Duncan. She can’t remember the feel of his hands on her skin that night, but she wants to erase it. She needs to have something clean and pure and normal. She needs to lose herself in something. Even if it’s only for a little while, she needs to sparkle and burst.
Come check out the VM [site] Directory!