Buffy?

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

art_junkie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Buffy?

Post by art_junkie »

killjoy wrote: Ahhhh thank you....Oz was one of my most fav characters and I HATED to see him leave.No one could say so little in such a bland tone of voice and make me laugh so hard. :lol:
no problem :D

I know, Oz was awesome! His one-liners? Brilliant... He and Willow were pretty cute too, and Xander trying to learn how to be "cool" like Oz? soooo funny..
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

art_junkie wrote:
killjoy wrote: Ahhhh thank you....Oz was one of my most fav characters and I HATED to see him leave.No one could say so little in such a bland tone of voice and make me laugh so hard. :lol:

I know, Oz was awesome! His one-liners? Brilliant... He and Willow were pretty cute too, and Xander trying to learn how to be "cool" like Oz? soooo funny..
Never was fond of Xander....and being a Spike fan later made sure I NEVER was a fan of his. Kennedy or Xander I can't pick which one I dislike the most :lol:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

killjoy wrote:
art_junkie wrote:

Never was fond of Xander....and being a Spike fan later made sure I NEVER was a fan of his. Kennedy or Xander I can't pick which one I dislike the most :lol:
I would pick Kennedy. :lol: I was never EVER a fan of that girl. I thought she was a total bitch who needed to just keep her mouth shut. Out the people Willow dated, I just did not get why she chose Kennedy. Oz, I got. Oz was this super, cool werwolf who adored her. Tara, I also got. Tara was incredibly sweet and smart. I really loved Tara. But Kennedy? What did Willow see in her?

I never hated Xander. I think Xander's a sweetie, though he has had his moments where he's really pissed me off. But all of the characters have had those moments, except for maybe Angel, Spike, and Buffy. There actions, even if I didn't totally agree with them, I got why they were doing the things that they did.

Oh, and something that always pissed me off was they way Buffy's friends always turned on her. Whenever she really needed them, they would gang up on her blame her and not believe in her, even when she always turned out to be right. And when they kicked Buffy out of the house and chose Faith as their leader--Faith, the woman who turned evil and MURDERED people--over Buffy. That was when it was the final straw for me. If I had been Buffy, I would've made it clear to them that what they did was wrong and that it was wrong and that now it was time for them to start earning HER trust and faith.

But the way Spike and Angel would have her back whenever she needed them, always made me love them more. :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Yes I HATE Kennedy with a passion and have no clue what JW was thinking when he created that part.

Sorry to the Xander fans but I can't stand him at all.

Now I'll admit Xander did have his funny moments here and there....mostly season two....but I think he could be a insensitve close minded jerk.

But as a Spike fan here's the BIGGEST problem I had with the show in what I called the Spike Double Standered.

1.Season one during the whole hyena thing Xander tried to rape Buffy.But later in the same ep Xander acts like he has no clue what was going on and Buffy totaly forgives him and it's never brought up or held against him.But later the eposide Seeing Red and the bathroom scene is ALWAYS thrown in Spike's face when he came back.

2.Spike's past killings are always thrown in his face by Xander.....but the fact that Anya was a demon eight hundred years longer than Spike and killed WAY more men than he ever did is never mentioned by him.I guess the way Xander sees if you're sleeping with him your evil demon past no longer matters.

3.Willow killed someone in cold blood and even tried to end the world but all was forgiven because..... :roll: 'she was going through grief over Tara's death and didn't know what she was doing' :roll: :roll: :roll: She is than welcomed right back into the fold by Xander and the others.....I'm sorry but the last time I checked,with the exception of the Judge thing...which was mostly Dru and Angelous....Spike never tried to end the world...in fact he helped Buffy save the world numerous times...ONCE while still chipless and souless.But as normal she gets a free ride on her killing while Spike gets slammed for his.Okay maybe you can hold the working for Adam thing against him but in the end he came through and helped out

4.Xander always called Spike a stalker.....HELLO POT KETTLE...anyone see Season One...where a jealous Xander stalked after Buffy like a little puppy whenever she was out with Angel? :roll:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

killjoy wrote:Yes I HATE Kennedy with a passion and have no clue what JW was thinking when he created that part.

Sorry to the Xander fans but I can't stand him at all.

Now I'll admit Xander did have his funny moments here and there....mostly season two....but I think he could be a insensitve close minded jerk.

But as a Spike fan here's the BIGGEST problem I had with the show in what I called the Spike Double Standered.

1.Season one during the whole hyena thing Xander tried to rape Buffy.But later in the same ep Xander acts like he has no clue what was going on and Buffy totaly forgives him and it's never brought up or held against him.But later the eposide Seeing Red and the bathroom scene is ALWAYS thrown in Spike's face when he came back.

2.Spike's past killings are always thrown in his face by Xander.....but the fact that Anya was a demon eight hundred years longer than Spike and killed WAY more men than he ever did is never mentioned by him.I guess the way Xander sees if you're sleeping with him your evil demon past no longer matters.

3.Willow killed someone in cold blood and even tried to end the world but all was forgiven because..... :roll: 'she was going through grief over Tara's death and didn't know what she was doing' :roll: :roll: :roll: She is than welcomed right back into the fold by Xander and the others.....I'm sorry but the last time I checked,with the exception of the Judge thing...which was mostly Dru and Angelous....Spike never tried to end the world...in fact he helped Buffy save the world numerous times...ONCE while still chipless and souless.But as normal she gets a free ride on her killing while Spike gets slammed for his.Okay maybe you can hold the working for Adam thing against him but in the end he came through and helped out

4.Xander always called Spike a stalker.....HELLO POT KETTLE...anyone see Season One...where a jealous Xander stalked after Buffy like a little puppy whenever she was out with Angel? :roll:
Well having a crush on someone and stalking is really different. As much as I love Spike, what he was doing in the 5th season was SEVERE stalking. Xander on season 1 wasn't stalking Buffy. It was a little high school crush. And Xander can't be faulted for what he did when he was possessed by the hyena. He was possessed, therefore, not in control of his actions. But Spike was in complete control of the things he did in the 5th season. He waited outside of Buffy's house, he broke into her house all the time time to steal pictures and her clothes. He even had Warren make him a Buffy bot. Spike was a serious stalker in season five.

But apart from that, I agree with you about the double standards they have for not just Spike, but Angel, and Buffy especially. Buffy was always ganged up on her for anything she did wrong, no matter how understandable her reasons were. But apparently Willow can almost destroy the world and that's completely forgettable. There was really a double standard for Spike in the 7th season. It was like no body cared that Spike had CHOSEN to become a better man and get his soul back, all they saw were things that he done when he DIDN'T have a soul or when he was being controlled by The First. The only person who believed in Spike was Buffy and I'm glad that she did.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Other things I didn't like at all

Tara taking Willow back.I'm sorry but if someone mind raped me over and over like that,there is no way in hell I'd ever go back to her :roll:

What was that Buffy/Angel kiss all about when he brought her that amulet in season seven? :roll: She's supposed to be with Spike and or have him in her heart like she said....but she's playing swap the spit with Angel :roll:

Okay I'm sorry......but these ubbervamps were supposed to be so bad but than Dawn still lives through the battle against them :roll: I mean don't get me wrong I didn't want her dead or anything but.....Buffy got her butt beat by one but Dawn can take them on? :roll:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

I think Spike truly is in Buffy's heart. But Angel was the first man she ever loved. I think that's what that whole Angel/Buffy kiss was about.

And I didn't like what Willow did to Tara. It was a total violation, but I was happy to see Tara and Willow get back together. The things that Willow did is like a supernatural version of the things an alchoholic does when they don't think that they have a problem or a drug addict. I think Tara got back with Willow because she started to see Willow getting better.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok I don't want anyone to get me wrong here....but as a guy I don't have a problem with a strong woman...or women in power..or a woman who has more power than me.

But I did NOT like the way Willow changed on the show.I'm going to be honest I LOVED season one and season two Willow.I thought she was the most adorable and cutest thing in the world.I would have gone out with her in a heartbeat if she had went to my high school back than.

But it seemed as the years went by and the more power she gained the Willow that I loved so much lost her sweet image and it was like she turned into this power hungry must have her way all the time control freak.

To be honest when Tara came on the show I also liked her for the same reason I first liked Willow.Tara was a sweetheart and I would have lot rather dated someone like her..maybe not the best looking girl in the whole world but like I said a sweetheart.....than I would have Cordy...the hotest girl ever on the show but a cold bitch.....like she was at the start of Buffy.

So what I'm trying to say is I hated how when Willow got more powerful as the years went on she seemed to lose more and more of that sweet girl that first caught my eye as a character.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

I didn't like Spike when he was obessessed/in love with Buffy - I thought he was at his best with Drusilla - those two were great together and I really wished they had kept them together.

It's funny - I hated Spike in Buffy but loved him in Angel - does that even make sense? :lol:

The whole kiss of Buffy and Angel is that they are still in love despite everything they've been through - Buffy said she wasn't 'cookies' yet and she wanted to wait till she was 'Cookies' when she was, Angel was the one who would get together with her.

I didn't mind Xander - he had his good moments but he did have moments where I wanted to hit him like telling Faith that Angel was bad and Faith would have killed him if it wasn't for Buffy but I did feel that he redeemed himself in the end - he was there when Buffy needed him and that what it mattered - he did lose Anya and he loved her.

Yeah - I got what you meant about everyone turning on Buffy whenever she did something wrong - she was killed and went on a bender (1st/2nd season) - they blamed her for the kidnaps. She slept with Angel without the two of them knowing about the clause in the curse - she got blamed. She kept Angel's return a secret - she gets blamed for that. She dies to save the world and comes back but refuses to tell them anything and she gets blamed for everything.

It made me wish Glory had killed them all and killed Buffy to let her go back up to heaven where she really wanted to be.

If you ask me - Joss should have stopped with Buffy after she dies by throwing herself into the portal - she did her job, she saved the world, everyone she knew and loved was safe and happy - yes, they were upset that she died, but they would have gotten over it time - that was a good point for them to finish with it. They only did 5 seasons of Angel and I felt when they finished it, that was a good point because it made you wonder what happened next.

And thinking about Spike just made me realised that I really liked Spike and Fred! *goes off to look for some fanfiction of those two*
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

[quote="Bubblegal"]The whole kiss of Buffy and Angel is that they are still in love despite everything they've been through - Buffy said she wasn't 'cookies' yet and she wanted to wait till she was 'Cookies' when she was, Angel was the one who would get together with her.quote]

Unfortunately, I have doubts that Buffy and Angel will end up together (though I do adore Angel). Even when the day comes that Buffy is cookies, Angel will still be a vampire cursed with a soul, a soul he'll lose if he experiences a moment of true happiness. So not only will she not be able to have children with him, she won't even be able to have an intimate relationship with him. And Angel sold that prophecy thing away at the end of the 5th season, so now there's no hope of him becoming human. I have a feeling that Buffy and Angel might be a doomed romance. But I still love them anyway.