Buffy?

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Buffy?

Post by killjoy »

Okay....I don't want this to sound like I hate female power or women in charge or things like that.

But....I really LOVED sweet,innocent and loveable season one and two Willow and came to HATE post highschool/college Powerful witch WIllow!

To me it seems that the second she got some type of power gone was the sweet nice shy girl who wanted to help people and in her place was the 'look at me arn't I powerful you should all do as I say and bow down to me' mind rapist witch!

To this day I still think the overall wearing long haired Hacker WIllow from season one and two was much more lovable than Mega Witch Willow.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

killjoy wrote:But....I really LOVED sweet,innocent and loveable season one and two Willow and came to HATE post highschool/college Powerful witch WIllow!

To me it seems that the second she got some type of power gone was the sweet nice shy girl who wanted to help people and in her place was the 'look at me arn't I powerful you should all do as I say and bow down to me' mind rapist witch!

To this day I still think the overall wearing long haired Hacker WIllow from season one and two was much more lovable than Mega Witch Willow.
I 100% agree with what you said.

Now Willow was never my favorite character on the show, there has always been 2-4 characters that were ahead of her but I really enjoyed and liked Willow in seasons 1-3. Even after she cheated on Oz with Xander, I didn't hate her, I didn't agree with what she did certainly but it didn't make me see her as any less likable or lovable and once Oz forgave her so did I.

In seasons 4 & 5 that was when Willow's downfall for me started. I didn't hate her, yet, but I certainly started disliking things she said and some of her actions. When she started to delve more into the magics and got more interested in the power that that could give her that's when my love of her began to fade.

I also didn't like that her way of apologizing, for example at the end of 'Something Blue', was cookies and detailing Giles's car. It wasn't learning how to control her impulses to use magic to fix a problem. It wasn't seeking out someone, whether that be Giles or another magic user to help her learn a responsible way to use her powers. But the others (Buffy, Xander, Giles, and Tara once she's in the picture) let her get away with that for too long, which I also didn't like.

Then when season 6 came along I pretty much hated her. She was using her powers so much and using it to try and fix everything without thinking of the consequences and her attitude towards anyone who dared question her magic usage just made me hate her.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

:roll: Just thought of something :roll: I can't believe this has skipped my mind when I watched Season Six! :roll:

Does anyone recall how Buffy was having all the money problems in season six? So much so she had to get a job working at a burger place?

Uhhh does anyone else recall how Spike in season four found that gem(the one that let him go out in the sun) in the middle of a under ground vault full of gold and gems?!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

For all you Buffy fans I'm going to share this with you.For me this is one of the BEST BTVS fanfiction stories EVER!

It's a Xander/Cordelia story.....it goes AU after season three right after the fight with the mayor blows up the school.Xander gets into college with the girls but after they graduate a war breaks out.......well just read it it is GREAT!!!

http://www.dymphna.net/ucsl/archive/nic ... othing.txt
Mistress9
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mistress9 »

I have to get my Buffy fix every now and then.
I know the feeling....

I totally love BtVS. I don't think I ever was even into Roswell the way I'm into Buffy. for me it's like the greatest show ever. I thing I like 2nd season the most and 6th was in my opinion the weakest of all of them. 2nd season rlz cuz I'm a typical Bangel girl.... can't help it. I love them together 8) I think that in the end the should get back together. I'm following storyline, these comics, but somehow I'm not gonna read them. gust checking from time to time what happened. last I checked Angel was catatonic, Buffy was pregnant with some guy she doesn't even know, doesn't even remeber how it happened and wanted to abort it which in my opinion is rather strange...
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

God, I want to do a series re-watch of this show so bad. I had to do my One Tree Hill re-watch this summer and push this one to the back burner for the time being. It's been nearly a year since I've watched all my Buffy episodes. Unacceptable!

Okay, now I feel the random need to list my favorite episodes. In chronological order. ;)

Angel (Classic season 1. Compelling romance and action. I absolutely love the fight scene in the Bronze and the dailogue between Buffy and Angel that comes before it.)

Prophecy Girl (Buffy's "I quit" speech to Giles and Angel is one of my all-time faves.)

When She Was Bad (While I don't think it is the strongest episode of all time, something about it has always clicked with me. Buffy's sexy dance with Xander while Willow and Angel looked on was just a brilliantly crafted scene that utilized PERFECT music.)

Innocence (The turning point that showed what this little show could really be.)

Passion (Angel's narration is epic. The scene where Giles finds Jenny will always, in my mind, be the most unsettling of the entire show.)

Becoming Part 2 (My all-time favorite and it will never change. As far as I'm concerned, this was the only perfect hour of TV I've seen.)

Band Candy (The episode where I realized Giles was absolutely amazing in every single way. It's really a hilarious one.)

Lover's Walk (Makesme wish Spike had been in all of Season 3. Hilarious and somehow adorable.)

The Zeppo (The Xander-centric eps tend to be forgotten, but I think this one is a hidden gem.)

Dopplegangland (I firmly believe that the scene where Willow walks into the library to find Buffy, Xander, and Giles mourning her "death" is the funniest scene of the show.)

Earshot (A real-world issue with a Buffy twist. Plus, Sarah Michelle Gellar looked insanely beautiful in this one.)

Graduation Day Part 2 (That battle scene with the students banding together to fight is EPIC.)

Something Blue (I'd always thought Spike and Buffy could be interesting, and even though this one was all played for a joke, it was proof of that to me.)

Who Are You? (It has everything. Humor, great acting, a great storyline, but more importantly, a HUGE emotional resonance with Faith's character.)

Restless (Even though I'll never understand the whole thing, I love that I can go back and pick up on something new EVERY single time.)

Fool for Love (We waited so long for a Spike flashback episode, and it didn't disappoint. The writing in this one was incredible. The "every slayer has a death wish" is foreshadowing at its best, brilliantly acted by both parties involved.)

Into the Woods (Even though Buffy/Riley are the focus of this one, it's actually Xander that makes me love it so much. When he tells Anya how in love with her he is, I melt every time, because it's so understatedly beautiful.)

Crush (Yes, this one is silly and fun, but I love it!)

Intervention (Who doesn't love the Buffybot? She's so adorable and clueless.)

Spiral (Probably some of the most incredible action sequences of the entire show. This episode just doesn't stop. It's quite a ride.)

The Gift (With the exception of Becoming Part 2, I think this is the best Season finale. I would consider it a perfect episode if Glory had been the one to bleed Dawn and not the creepy guy, who was just so random.)

Afterlife (An odd choice, I know, as the demon in this one was so lame and uninteresting. But I think this episode is probably one of the most underrated of the show. SMG is brilliant with her acting in it. She's so detached, and it's so sad to watch.)

Once More, With Feeling (No other show could pull this off so well. Many have tried since, and none have done it as well as Buffy. Add in the fact that this was actually quite the important, pivotal episode of the season, and you've got genius.)

Tabula Rasa (Yes, it was a great excuse to pull season 6 out of its darkness and despair for a minute. Yes, it was hilarious. Spike and Giles were the best.)

Dead Things (Thematically, I think this episode is darkly beautiful and so underrated.)

Beneath You (The image of Spike burning on the cross is probably my favorite image of the entire show.)

Storyteller (Oh, Andrew, you are the best. But I love that this episode surprises us by actually letting him develop as a character, and by actually having a deeper thematic meaning.)

Lies My Parents Told Me (The parallels between Spike's and Robin Wood's stories were brilliantly drawn. Love it.)

Touched (Contains my favorite Spuffy moments when they rest on the bed together. Gorgeous.)

Chosen (While not quite as epic as Becoming Part 2 or The Gift, I did feel that the series finale was amazing and appropriate. Tied everything up while still leaving some room for speculation about the future.)

Well, I tried to narrow it dow nand obviously failed miserably. It's just impossible for me to even do a Top 20 for this show. It has to be 30.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Over here at Dragoncon.....and just saw James Marsters aka Spike again.
Mistress9
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mistress9 »

April wrote:Becoming Part 2 (My all-time favorite and it will never change. As far as I'm concerned, this was the only perfect hour of TV I've seen.)
don't know about u, but Xander totally pissed me of (to put it lightly) in this one. it because of this ep I don't really like the guy. apparently double standards are in according to him :roll:

and SMG as BuffyBot is hillarous! :lol: I have no idea how someone so talented can be so underrated :?: