Buffy?

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

I love Buffy! I've watched it since it debuted in '97 and watched it straight to the series finale.

My favourite part definitely had to do with Sarah Michelle Gellar's awesome acting skills. She's amazing and everything she does as Buffy is consistent and believable.

Xander and Willow were great sidekicks who definitely came into their own by Season 7.

I didn't like Dawn that much to tell you the truth. She was just annoying to me pretty much all the time.

Anya and Giles were too funny when they worked together at the Magic Shop. I missed Giles when he left...it's great that he came back and still remained as the older go to guy. It was like he never left.

Angel and Buffy will always be my favourite T.V. couple to this day. They had this amazing love that was so doomed for failure but had you cheering for it anyways. I cried when Buffy had to kill him at the end of Becoming Part 2 and in I Will Remember You. I wished Sarah had been in a couple episodes from Angel Season 5 so she could tell him she was finished baking.

Season 2 is my favourite followed by Season 1.

Season 3 was good too but I never liked Faith and I knew Angel and Cordelia were leaving so it was bittersweet.

I was really confused by Season 4 cuz everyone was kinda all over the place but The Yoko Factor is one of my all-time favourite episodes so it wasn't all bad. Even though Riley was there for most of the season.

Season 5 had Dawn :x , then Joyce died :cry: and Buffy died (again!) :cry: .

Season 6 was great for one reason: Once More With Feeling. Plus Buffy and Spike destroyed a building just by having sex!

Season 7 was ok...I guess I just didn't want to see it go but I liked how Chosen incorporated scenes from the first season and Buffy got her wish not to be this single girl chosen to fight all evil. She got to lead a normal life.

Xander and Cordy were great. Willow and Oz were too cute. I had always wanted Giles and Joyce to get together too.

My favourite line has to be from When She Was Bad:

Willow: I mean, why else would she be acting like such a b-i-t-c-h?
Giles: Willow, I think we're a little too old to be spelling things out.
Xander: A "bitca"?

Okay I'm done...it's just when I start talking about Buffy I go nuts.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Willow: I mean, why else would she be acting like such a b-i-t-c-h?
Giles: Willow, I think we're a little too old to be spelling things out.
Xander: A "bitca"?
That was absolutely hilarious!!! :D

This is by far my favorite:

Spike: "You're *not* friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... Blood screaming inside you to work its will. *I* may be love's bitch, but at least *I'm* man enough to admit it." ~ Lover's Walk~
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

I loved that scene. Isn't that the episode when Cordelia and Oz find out about Xander and Willow? Then Cordelia falls on the stake?

Another great scene is from Season Four. The epsode's called The Yoko Factor. Basically, Spike is attempting to tear the group apart so Adam can remove the chip in his brain and so he goes to each of them individually and adds to their own insecurities concerning their friendship. I think the best part is during the argument near the end. These are my favourite lines:

Giles (to Buffy, about Adam): "You never train with me anymore. He's gonna kick your ass."

Willow (to Buffy, about Buffy and Xander): "Besides, when is there any "us two"? You two are the two who are the two. I'm the other one."

Buffy: This is stupid.
Xander: Stupid. So you finally had the guts to say it to my face.
Buffy: I didn't say you were stupid. So stop being an idiot and let me fix this.

Buffy (to Xander and Willow): If I was any more open-minded about the choices you two make, my whole brain would fall out.

Willow (fighting with Buffy): "We have to face it, you can't handle Tara being my girlfriend."
Xander (to Buffy and Willow): "No! It was bad before that! Since you two went off to college and forgot about me. Just left me in the basement to — Tara's your girlfriend?"
Giles (from upstairs): "Bloody hell!"
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

My fav lines? Well since I LOVE Cordy and Spike here you go.

CORDELIA

"God! What is your childhood trauma?!"

"Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it. 'Cause pretty soon you're not even gonna have the loser friends you've got now."

"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass."

"Who died and made you Elvis?"

SPIKE

*Talking about the Scoobies*

"This is the crack team that foils my every plan? I am deeply shamed."

*To Buffy*

"Rough talk. Maybe that's your problem - maybe you push 'em away? Or is it the other - maybe you cling too much? Or maybe... your beauty's fading. The stress of slaying aging you prematurely. Things not as high, not as firm." :lol:

"Hello. Vampire. I'm supposed to be treading on the dark side. What's your excuse?"

"It was the best night of my life. If you poke fun at me you bloody well better use that 'cause I couldn't bear it. It may not mean that much to you. I know, I hear you say it, but... I've lived for sodding ever, Buffy, I've done everything. I've done things with you I can't spell, but I've never been close. To anyone, least of all you; until last night. All I did was hold you, and watch you sleep, and it was the best night of my life. So I'm yeah. Terrified."

But my fav Buffy Spike interaction is this one.It's just so pure smart ass Spike I loved it. :lol:

Spike-"You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I'd prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker; I follow my blood, which does not always rush in the direction of my head. So I've made a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years, only one thing I've ever been sure of. You. Look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I tell you that I love you, it's not because I want you, or 'cause I can't have you, it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try... I've seen your strength, and your kindness, I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy."

Buffy: "I don't... I don't want to be the one."

Spike *shrugs*: "I don't want to be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear."

:lol: :lol:
HBGO
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HBGO »

I am looking for a really good fanfiction site with stories about Buffy and Angel as a couple can anyone help me?
But time has changed nothing at all -
you're still the only one that feels like home.
I've tried cutting the ropes and
I let you go but you're still the only one
that feels like home.

Missy Higgins
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

HBGO wrote:I am looking for a really good fanfiction site with stories about Buffy and Angel as a couple can anyone help me?
I can help you out here, since i used to pretty much live and breaths Buffy/Angel fanfiction. Although unfortunately, several of the great sites are no longer around, you can still find most of the stories.

Here are some of my favourites:

Land of Denial - hundreds of stories here. It's probably the biggest archive

Ducks' Fanfic Board

With Peaches On Top - Brilliant stories by Indie.

Learning To Tango - Tango is a great author

Every Six Seconds - Gia's fanfic. Mostly adult rated, but wonderful stories.

Michelle's Buffy Fanfiction Site - she is one of my favourite authors. Her story The One I Waited For is my absolute favourite.

Love Is Immortal - Maquis Leader is brilliant - really imaginative fics.

Ralkana's Fanfic

Always His Girl - Great stories. Some are quite dark though.

On The Wings of Destiny - Stars is a wonderful author. Check out 'I Feel You'

Forever, Always and Then Some

Denial Haven

Deb Nockel's Fanfic

Cynamin's Fanfiction

Octaves of the Heart

Always: A Fanfiction Site

Angel's Bath Towel

Fanfiction.net - just go into the Buffy section and search for stories involving Buffy and Angel.
HBGO
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HBGO »

Heavenli24 wrote:
HBGO wrote:I am looking for a really good fanfiction site with stories about Buffy and Angel as a couple can anyone help me?
I can help you out here, since i used to pretty much live and breaths Buffy/Angel fanfiction. Although unfortunately, several of the great sites are no longer around, you can still find most of the stories.

Here are some of my favourites:

Land of Denial - hundreds of stories here. It's probably the biggest archive

Ducks' Fanfic Board

With Peaches On Top - Brilliant stories by Indie.

Learning To Tango - Tango is a great author

Every Six Seconds - Gia's fanfic. Mostly adult rated, but wonderful stories.

Michelle's Buffy Fanfiction Site - she is one of my favourite authors. Her story The One I Waited For is my absolute favourite.

Love Is Immortal - Maquis Leader is brilliant - really imaginative fics.

Ralkana's Fanfic

Always His Girl - Great stories. Some are quite dark though.

On The Wings of Destiny - Stars is a wonderful author. Check out 'I Feel You'

Forever, Always and Then Some

Denial Haven

Deb Nockel's Fanfic

Cynamin's Fanfiction

Octaves of the Heart

Always: A Fanfiction Site

Angel's Bath Towel

Fanfiction.net - just go into the Buffy section and search for stories involving Buffy and Angel.
Heavenli24 thank you I probably would not have found these on my own.
But time has changed nothing at all -
you're still the only one that feels like home.
I've tried cutting the ropes and
I let you go but you're still the only one
that feels like home.

Missy Higgins
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

I'm catching up on Buffy - the only seasons i liked was Season 1 - 3, i cried like mad when Buffy drove the sword into Angel's heart and sent him to hell then i cried when Angel left Sunnydale.

I was happy that she showed up on Angel (Which i'm getting tomorrow) and they had that whole day of being a normal couple together only to cry when Angel had to give it all up.

Joss is very good at those heart wrenching moments.

I liked Riley but i hated him toward the end - he was very insecure about his and Buffy's relationship over Angel and Dracula, there were times where i wanted Buffy to ditch his ass, sleep with Angel and bring Angelus back so Angelus could kill Riley for me.

I'm torn with Spike, i hated him in Buffy but i loved him in the last season of Angel - i think it's mostly due to that fact that Buffy and Spike had that physical cold relationship.

Hey, if Sarah and James hated doing the scenes, then i can hate the scenes myself.

Does anyone know if Angel actually know about the attempted rape on Buffy by Spike? because i have a hard time believing that Angel would let that one go.

Does anyone know any fics where Angel finds out what exactly happened with Buffy in Helpless? I didn't like that we didn't get to see what his reactions were - I'm just wondering if anyone wrote any fics on that.

Or Earshot, any fics of Buffy and Angel in that epic - i read one called Isolation and that was great!

If anyone could help me with the above questions - thank you!
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

When the show was on I was a Spike fan who wasn't a big fan of Spike/Buffy.

To be honest I wanted to see Spike/Faith.

Also I love fanfiction that pairs Spike up with an older Dawn,Willow(during season four),Anya(during season six after the Spuffy breakup and the wedding) but I've always loved Spike/Tara fanfiction set during season six when both Willow and Buffy weren't acting so well to their partners.

And on the other side of the souled vamp coin....I LOVE Angel/Cordy
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Does anyone know the site Blood Roses Community? I'm trying to join it but it won't let me. If anyone is a member of the site, can you help me?

The only epics i liked after season 3 was when Joyce dies and Angel comes to Buffy for the funeral.

The last two epics where Angel arrived and he just sits back to watch Buffy beat up Caleb - you see, what's what a man does, he watchs his true love beat up a man and enjoys it.

I think that's one of the reason why i couldn't like Riley, he can't handle the fact that Buffy is a slayer and can fight better than him while Angel revels in it.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant