Buffy?

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Buffy?

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Season 2 is my favorite. The story lines are still new and there nothing is too complex yetm sure there is Angel going bad but it still involves Angel's storyline from season 1. It is a funny season and it seems like it is a season that really gets into the mind of a teenage girl.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

April wrote:Which season of Buffy do you guys like best? I myself can never decide.
Season 2 by far. Although Season 3 comes in close second.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

S2 without a doubt. I have watched it completely more times than I can count and I have it memorized to a t. Not all of the episodes were great but simply because they had B/A in them they're watchable. And there are so many stellar episodes that are some of the best in television history IMO. When She Was Bad, What's My Line Again P1 and 2, Surprise, Innocence, Passion, I Only Have Eyes For You and Becoming P1 and 2 are without a doubt amazing episodes. Even some okay episodes are still amoung my favourites (Reptile Boy, Go Fish, Bewithed, Bothered and Bewildered, and Phases). Plus it was all about Buffy and Angel :mrgreen:

I actually have to buy another box set because this one is wearing a bit :lol:

I liked S3 but Faith ruined a lot of it for me. But it did have Amends, Earshot, Lovers Walk, Dopplegangland, The Prom and Graduation Day P1 and 2.

S4 would be my third choice and I wasn't a big fan in the beginning. One word: Riley. But after rewatching it on DVD I have to admit that it was overall a decent season. Pangs, Something Blue and Yoko Factor are my favourite episodes from this season. Too bad Oz left :cry:

S6 was good because it was the dark season. It was sad, cruel and hard to watch at times but it happened and it ended with everyone in a better place than they'd started. Plus there was really great acting this season.

S1 was short and cute. But considering that Joss didn't even know if they would be coming back, it lacks greatness. Though I do love all of the episodes. Welcome to the Hellmouth, Angel, The Pack, The Witch and Prophecy Girl are all of my favourites.

I liked S7 and S5 equally. But I wasn't a major fan.
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ansleyrocks »

It seems as if seasons 2, 3, and 4 are the better seasons becasue there is more meat to their stories. In season 1 they did not think the show was coming back so it did not go far. Season 5 they thought the show was ending to it was all over the place and season 6 was out there becasue they had to bring back the show after killing the main character. Season 7 had the same problem as 5 where the show was ending and they had to find a way to quickly get it done.

Who is your favorite bad guy?
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Ansleyrocks wrote:Season 5 they thought the show was ending to it was all over the place
Really? I tend to think of Season 5 as the most focused and well-devloped season. So it might be my favorite.

Season 2 was crazy good, so it also might be my favorite. Innocence and Passion and Becoming Part 2 are three of my favorite eps, with Becoming Part 2 quite possibly being my very favorite ep of all time. (Notice that I only say possibly, though, because I can't pick just one favorite episode, either.) Between Spike and Dru coming to town and Angel losing his soul . . . that is some legendary TV right there.

And I know Season 7 is pretty much considered the worst season by a lot of people, but since I'm a Spuffy fan, I really liked it because it was the season where Spike and Buffy's relationship became . . . just more. I never thought their relationship was just about sex. To me, it always had substance, but in Season 7, we got to see a new side of them. Dare I say it, they were sort of . . . friends.

Season 3 is another great one, but it lacked . . . Spike. :D
ashleyt wrote:One word: Riley. But after rewatching it on DVD I have to admit that it was overall a decent season.
I'm the same way. I just re-watched Season 4 about a month ago, and even though I thought Riley was a nice guy, he did kind of drag down the season. But the overall plot was good, well-thought out. It was different than the previous seasons, but not bad. In fact, I think Season 4 is the funniest season. But still, it's probably one of my least favorite seasons because of boring (but gentleman) Riley.
Ansleyrocks wrote:Who is your favorite bad guy?
Hmm, although Angelus was chilling and I often found Glory to be hilarious, I have a soft spot for The Mayor. The character is just GENIUS.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Vael
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Vael »

Tough choice, Glory was my favorite. But then Caleb was another great one.
Hard choice between the two, i cheered each time one of them give Buffy a good beatdown :lol:

If i had to go for one of them, probably would be Caleb. Pretty much why i liked season 7 more than the others, except season 6.
Everyone thinks i'm a liar, well i'm a lot of things, i'm a astronaut, i'm a basketball player, i'm the president of the universe with a 14 inch cock!! But i'm not a liar.

If we're all gonna shout out what we're thinking, i've been thinking about paying a prostitute to shove bowling pins up my ass

Captain Hero
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ansleyrocks »

April wrote:
Ansleyrocks wrote:Season 5 they thought the show was ending to it was all over the place
Really? I tend to think of Season 5 as the most focused and well-devloped season. So it might be my favorite.
Season five seemed rushed becasue there were so many story lines going on at once, it was great how they were getting it all together but having Joyce die and all of those complications, plus Riley trouble and his leaving, Dawn and her troubles, Giles wanting to leave, Ben and his complication, Glory being all evil, Glory bad guys, Spike and his chip. Buffy and her slightly crazy spin, Tara and her loss of grip on reality, and a whole other mess. While they wrapped it all up well it was just so many different major story lines it made my head spin at times and I felt that when Buffy died it was the final nail in the coffin for the season. I still can not watch the last episode of the season.
April wrote:
Hmm, although Angelus was chilling and I often found Glory to be hilarious, I have a soft spot for The Mayor. The character is just GENIUS.
The Mayor was a good bad guy he was always a step ahead and his nice persona made him very scary. My favorite is Adam becasue again he was always a step ahead and he was a product of human creation, very twisted.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

S5 and S7 were when the show turned into the Spike show which is why they weren't my favourite. They had some great episodes but still it lacked focus on the other characters.

My favourite big bad was Angelus and The Mayor.
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

ashleyt wrote:S5 and S7 were when the show turned into the Spike show which is why they weren't my favourite.
:lol: That's probably why they were my favorites. :lol: What can I say? I'm a sucker for a certain Blondie Bear.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

That one's tough.

It's a toss up, one is Angelus because he was so wicked and mentally cruel, he knew how to get at an issue that was painful for a person to be brought up. For example playing with Buffy's insecurities of being new at sex and not knowing what she was doing and saying she wasn't good. Or with Xander during the episode 'Killed by Death' when Angelus taunted him that Buffy had been with a vampire and he got there first. And I enjoyed that aspect, plus he was sarcastic as hell.

Drusilla is the other, she was childlike and while strong wasn't someone that you'd give much credit too, in terms of being able to take care of herself and being able destroy a person. But she had mental gifts, putting someone in a thrall like with Kendra, and being able to see into the future in a way and while confusing to other people she seems to understand what she's seeing. In a lot of ways I saw her as a vampire that you didn't expect to be a threat.

Those would have to be my two favorite. Spike and Glory come in close third and fourth though.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee