Star-Crossed

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Star-Crossed

Post by memory_echo »

C2aroll, did you catch the Star-Crossed premiere?
Is it good?
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
C2aroll
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Star-Crossed Pilot!

Post by C2aroll »

hey! :P

yes, I just watch it...it was what I was expecting! A good beginning for this new show, a love story!
I hope this going to be more awesome with the next episode...enjoy it!
♥ Caroline 2014 ♥
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Maybe I'll give it a chance, then. :wink:

CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

I thoroughly enjoyed this, and usually, I'm not into the whole sci-fi fantasy romance. But this show? It has me hooked, and of course, who can resist seeing Malese Jow from "The Vampire Diaries" or Natalie Hall from "All My Children"/"Pretty Little Liars" fame?
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Hey!

I, too, wanted to watch this show since it was presented as a possible pilot last year. And although I knew my expectations were too high -I wanted another Roswell, darn it!- I did my best to watch it objectively. I liked it well enough, and unless they do something seriously idiotic, I'll keep watching the entire series.

Now, it might be the Roswellian in me, but my gosh, do they have similarities all over the place! Maybe Roswell just played with too many tropes and so they are here again. Plus, most of the time it just makes me smile or roll my eyes. As I said, I like the show, but sometimes I wonder if a Roswellian is writing these dialogues :lol: Nevertheless, in my eyes, Roswell always had it better.

Liz: I never got to thank you... for saving my life.
Max: Thank you

Roman: Thank you... for saving my life.
Emery: I was 6, I didn't know what I was doing.

:shock:

On episode two, Grey is talking about Roman, "What? I can be dark and mysterious, too!"
Me: "No, neither of you can be Max!"

On their defense, they didn't add "and from an exotic location" 8)

Some other archetypes:
Max - Roman, with the whole "you're the leader" thing.
Liz - Emery, sans the diary.
Maria - Julia, sans the cynicism (will she get powers now, though?)
Alex - Luka
Michael - Drake
Kyle - Erick, except I do want to kick Erick in every single scene ¬¬ Kyle was a stalker, and his friends were idiots, but at least he was never a mean kid at this scale.
Isabel - Now, she doesn't really get an equal character. She was divided into Roman's sister, who lacks Isabel-ness all around, and the Queen B, whom I don't really like.

Then there's the healing, the "we can't be together" [and everyone reminds us of that], the "we can't pretend what we do isn't being watched", the alien friends befriending the human friends. They are mixing and matching characters in different ways, and of course, the whole premise is different. I just wish they would stop saying "it has nothing to do with Roswell" because, clearly, it does :roll:

And their fandom is calling itself "Stargazers" :cry:

All in all, give it a two episode chance. At least the second one gives us a wider range of plots and subplots. And Roswellisms every other ten minutes :wink:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm watching.....I smile too when I see some Rowell copied language or action.
He's cute, but will never replace Max, especially Max with Liz.
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

I watched the first three episodes... I can't say I was impressed by the story or the acting.
I don't think it's bd... but I don't really feel curious enough to keep watching. :(

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I finally got caught up and watched all 4 episodes. Definitely reminded me of 'Roswell' in some ways. The male lead I looked up on IMDB and he's like 30 years old! :shock: Anyway, that badass Alien I remember from 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager', so it's good he's working again. I do also like the girl who was Anna from 'The Vampire Diaries' (sorry I forgot her name). I am willing to give this series a chance and see what happens... :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm going to call this show.....Roswell with tattoos! :lol: