Star-Crossed

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Stefuh
Addicted Roswellian

Star-Crossed

Post by Stefuh »

New alien show that is supposed to began in 2013, on cw ...

Summary (from CW) : When Emery was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town. Whether they came in peace or with more sinister intentions didn’t matter: a fierce battle erupted as humans fought for control over their new rivals, an alien species called the Atrians. In the midst of the conflict, Roman, a 6-year-old Atrian boy, found his way to a shed behind Emery’s house, where she protected him from harm, bringing him food, comfort – and friendship. In their brief time together, Emery and Roman forged a deep bond, but the authorities wasted no time tracking Roman down and capturing him in a violent confrontation. Emery has grown up believing that Roman was killed that day. Ten years later, the Atrians have been acclimated to life on Earth, but they are interned in a heavily-guarded camp known as the Sector to keep them separate from humans. Now, for the first time, a group of Atrian teens will enroll in a suburban human high school, with the goal of testing the feasibility of human/alien integration. The eyes of the nation and the whole world are fixed on this historical social experiment, an endeavor fraught with suspicion and fear. In the mayhem of the first day, Emery is amazed to learn that Roman was not killed by the authorities and is, in fact, one of the Atrian students. Their childhood bond is quickly rekindled – in a school and a society that distrusts everything about the Atrians, Emery and Roman have found each other again. However, their relationship is threatened by the small-mindedness of their respective communities and the political agendas of people in power. While the world around them rages with anger and prejudice, their bond becomes increasingly strong and increasingly dangerous. As an epic Romeo and Juliet romance unfolds, a violent encounter between Roman’s father and Emery’s father occurs in the Sector. Can Roman and Emery’s love – and peace between the species – survive?

Trailer and clip.

Some people already call it Roswell 2.0, it sounds interesting, I hope it'll be good.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Star-Crossed

Post by April »

Well, I'll try to reserve judgment.

While the concept sounds interesting and at least isn't a completely direct rip-off of Roswell . . . I watched the trailer, and both the male and female leads strike me as incredibly weak actors right from the start. They'd better hope they have a kick-ass supporting cast, because I just don't see these 2 being able to carry a show on their own.

Judging by all the new shows the CW is acquiring this season, they are REALLY trying to find their next big hit. They're basically hanging on by a thread, and that thread is called The Vampire Diaries.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
IceQueenMay
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IceQueenMay »

I can't wait for it. Been waiting for something like this since Roswell ended.
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell 10/2/00 »

15 Years Later We Still Believe In Roswell – #RememberRoswell

On Feb 17th tweet you love for Roswell during the Star Crossed premiere on the CW #starcrossed #RememberRoswell

“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet.
So anyone watching Star Crossed during the premiere on 2/17
a Roswell reference will pop up during the Star Crossed twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

http://31.media.tumblr.com/999736f57be3 ... 1_1280.jpg

Crashdown.com, Roswellthemovie.com, Roswell Oracle, Roswell Haven, fanfourm.com, and Roswell fans all over the world are actually doing a twitter campaign the night Starcrossed premiers on Feb 17th.

I came up with the concept. It's a great way to kick off the Roswell 15 Year Anniversary and make more people aware of Roswell.

Keep in mind this is a positive campaign. I really hope we can get #RememberRoswell to trend the night of Feb 17th.

This is a great way to get Roswell on the map again and to get more fans and make more people become aware of Roswell all over again.

Please repost icons from crashdown twitter fan art on your twitters ,Facebook, and Instagram as well to spread the world about the Remember Roswell campaign.

Roswell Haven posted something on their site.
http://roswellheaven.yuku.com/topic/12175#.UvPQUCifWYV

Roswell Oracle posted something on thir site as well.

http://www.roswelloracle.com/rememberroswell.html

Here is what crashdown.com posted.

http://crashdown.com/news/2014/01/15-ye ... n-roswell/

http://crashdown.com/news/2014/02/remem ... -campaign/
15 Years Later We Still Believe In Roswell – #RememberROSWELL

By Lena • Jan 28th, 2014 • Category: Lead Story

First of all, huge thanks to Roswell 10/2/00 for coming up with this great idea!

Twelve years ago, our favorite aliens and their human friends last appeared on our television screens. On February 17th, 2014 aliens from another race will be back on TV. A new sci-fi show called “Star-Crossed” is going to premiere on The CW.

So, some other aliens is back on TV this year… 2014 also marks the 15th Anniversary of Roswell and don’t forget that Future Max used the granilith’s power to travel back in time in 2014, as well.

Let’s show that “15 years later we still believe in Roswell.” and this brand new Twitter Campaign is a great way to kick off the celebration!

Roswell fans from all over the world are asked to tweet about “Roswell” on February 17th, 2014:

“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet. So anyone watching Star Crossed a Roswell reference will pop up during the Star Crossed twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

Tell us why Roswell is so special to you and why you remember Roswell. Be creative and post fan art or tweet your favorite quotes from the show. Please join us, spread the word and tweet about Roswell ensuring that you include #RememberRoswell and #StarCrossed somewhere in your posts to Twitter.

If we can make Roswell a trending topic it will help draw attention to the show and maybe “Star-Crossed” fans, who need something alien-themed to watch between new episodes will discover “Roswell”. After all, Roswell’s Max and Liz are star-crossed lovers, too and the show will “always be in our hearts!”

Long before “Twilight” and “Vampire Diaries”, an alien boy saved a girl from earth. On the premiere date of “Roswell”, Mike Duffy released the article “WB’s ‘Roswell’ is a Fine Romance”:

[...] Do not hide from “Roswell.” That would be a mistake. Especially if you’re a sucker for a fine romance.

[...] A cosmic bond is quickly forged when Max Evans (Jason Behr, “Dawson’s Creek”) uses his otherworldly powers to save the life of Liz Parker (Shiri Appleby) after she’s accidentally shot in the terrific opening scenes.

So begins a star-crossed odyssey between our sensitive Romeo from another planet and his Earthling Juliet.

Read more: WB’s ‘Roswell’ is a Fine Romance, October 6th, 1999

Back in January of 2000 Entertainment Teen magazine did an article about “Roswell”:

The WB has given us one more reason to look forward to Wednesday nights. Roswell airs at 9 p.m. following Dawson’s Creek and it’s packed with hot hunks, daring chicks and gripping story lines. If you’ve been living under a rock for the last couple of months, here’s the lowdown on the hottest new show that is truly out of this world. [...]

Which leads us to one of the best reasons to tune in – the blossoming romance between Liz and Max as a modern day Romeo and Juliet. These star-crossed lovers have one colossal problem – they are different species. [...]

Read more: Roswell Close Encounters – Eteen mag, Jan 2000
The more fans we get to tweet #RememberRoswell #StarCrossed on Feb 17th the better we have it to trend during the Star Crossed twitter feed. Melinda Metz (author of Roswell High and Roswell script writer for season 3 episode A Tale Of Two Parties) and Will Sadler have already re tweeted about the Remember Roswell Twitter Campaign. Will re tweeted about it on Jan 30th.

https://twitter.com/Wm_Sadler

Some fan art for you all to post. Spread the word on twitter, Facebook, Tumbler, websites, and instagram!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfLnzrHCIAElf9U.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfQEbJZIEAAwX6g.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfShj0GIEAE4ELU.jpg
C2aroll
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Roswell is back! Oh Wait it is Star Crossed

Post by C2aroll »

:shock:

We all hope that new show will be as much awesome as was Roswell!

PD: could someone explain me how to upload a picture? please!
♥ Caroline 2014 ♥
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

C2aroll wrote:could someone explain me how to upload a picture? please!
Just use the little Img button next to the URL in your post draft. Copy the image address and post it there. [img]insert%20image%20address[/img] :)
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
C2aroll
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thanks! Star-Crossed

Post by C2aroll »

memory_echo wrote:
C2aroll wrote:could someone explain me how to upload a picture? please!
Just use the little Img button next to the URL in your post draft. Copy the image address and post it there. [img]insert%20image%20address[/img] :)
thank you so much! I will try... :P :shock:
♥ Caroline 2014 ♥
C2aroll
Enthusiastic Roswellian

#RememberRoswell

Post by C2aroll »

:shock:
I'm waiting for the new show Star-Crossed on CW...the cast looks good!
...obviously max and liz will always be better :lol:

#RememberRoswell

I made a collage but I couldn't uploaded! :(
♥ Caroline 2014 ♥
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Welcome, C2aroll! I have moved your posts relating to Star-Crossed into this thread.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

C2aroll
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Roswell Fan

Post by C2aroll »

Hello...Thanks for the welcome! :P

And It is not problem that you have moved my posts...I'm just starting to understand this page so thanks for that!

8)
♥ Caroline 2014 ♥