American Horror Story? Yes.

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

vampiricheart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

American Horror Story? Yes.

Post by vampiricheart »

Any Fan's of FX's American Horror Story? If so, we should get a discussion started -- I love that show and I can't wait for it to come back in Oct.

**fan-girling**
X-Tremer
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: American Horror Story? Yes.

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I love AHS! I have a co-worker who watched season 1 and we talk about it often! I read a lot of Tate/Violet Fanfiction after the season ended! I feel somewhat weird being so infatuated by Tate, because he was so wicked and twisted :twisted: :oops: Jessica Lange, who portrayed Constance Langdon won a Screen Actor's Guild and Golden Globe awards. I hope she wins the Emmy too :) I have read that season 2 will take place at an Institution on the East Coast and the actors returning will NOT portray the same character they were during Season 1,. It's an Anthology series. I am curious to see how this will work out...
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:I love AHS! I have a co-worker who watched season 1 and we talk about it often! I read a lot of Tate/Violet Fanfiction after the season ended! I feel somewhat weird being so infatuated by Tate, because he was so wicked and twisted :twisted: :oops: Jessica Lange, who portrayed Constance Langdon won a Screen Actor's Guild and Golden Globe awards. I hope she wins the Emmy too :) I have read that season 2 will take place at an Institution on the East Coast and the actors returning will NOT portray the same character they were during Season 1,. It's an Anthology series. I am curious to see how this will work out...
omg I also LOVE this show! :D
I had no idea when it was returning, do we really have to wait all the way till October?? :shock:
I also didn't know that these characters would not be coming back, :( I wondered what they were going to do now that they were all ghosts.

Oh and don't feel bad I also had a crush on Tate, loved how he was so protective over over Violet, and yes I wondered too what the hell that said about me that I could see past his twisted dark side. lol

I really thought the show was just brilliant, each episode like a mini movie, completely drawing you in, always out doing itself ... so smart and scary. Totally stood apart from anything on TV.
So happy when Jessica won that award!

I can't wait to see what they're going to do for season 2!

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
popcorn3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by popcorn3 »

Is it for sure that this show is coming back? I haven't seen anything, I really hope so, I've never seen anything like it, its truly original and I absolutely love it!
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

This show is definitely coming back. There's Season 2 news posted all the time at Entertainment Weekly online (EW.com). Ryan Murphy who is one of the shows creators & executive producers has stated AHS is an Anthology series. Season 2 takes place at a totally different setting and only a few of the actors from Season 1 are on it but they're playing completely new characters. There are a handful of new cast members on board as the setting will be an insane asylum in the 1960's.

In other news, S1 will be released on Blu-Ray & DVD on 9/25/12!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I just read over at EW.com they released 4 new pictures from Season 2 titled:

American Horror Story: Asylum and the pics are definitely creepy :twisted: Here is the link to the site> http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/27/ameri ... um-photos/
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:This show is definitely coming back. There's Season 2 news posted all the time at Entertainment Weekly online (EW.com). Ryan Murphy who is one of the shows creators & executive producers has stated AHS is an Anthology series. Season 2 takes place at a totally different setting and only a few of the actors from Season 1 are on it but they're playing completely new characters. There are a handful of new cast members on board as the setting will be an insane asylum in the 1960's.

In other news, S1 will be released on Blu-Ray & DVD on 9/25/12!

Omg you just made my day!
I was so worried that I wasn't seeing any advertisments for this show, I was concerned that like so many amazing shows the network would dump it for absolutely no reason.

It sounds like its going to be even scarier than last season... what better setting then an insane asylum! And the fact that Jessica Lane is playing a creepy nun is just brillant!
Loved the pics ! Especially the one with the stairs :shock: so excited for this! CAn't wait for October 17th!!

So appreciate you sharing the news!
Carrie :)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Here is more AHS-2:Asylum news from EW.com:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20624933,00.html

There is a Gallery of 10 pics in the above link and it describes the characters and their names with brief backstory on each. The actor Evan Peters who portrayed Jessica Lange (Constance Langdon) son Tate Langdon in Season 1 has a different physical look for Season 2, it actually makes sense b/c he is portraying a completely different character. I am excited for the new season :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Ok I received my 'American Horror Story' Season 1 DVD in the mail yesterday. I immediately watched the special features which were good imho. I enjoyed listening to the commentary Ryan Murphy did for the Pilot episode. He pretty much explained a lot of where their focus/mindset was for the direction of the season. It was interesting to hear him say only Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott knew their characters would die by the end of the season. The other actors, most of whom weren't told they were ghosts right away. The Tate character, the actor Evan Peters had not been told for awhile that Tate was dead.

I'm ready for Season 2 to begin now! :twisted: It begins on Oct. 17 @ 10p!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Don't forget AHS-Asylum Season 2 Premieres @ 10pm EST this Wednesday, Oct. 17 on FX Channel :twisted: I'm so excited for this new season!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11