Private Practice

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Private Practice

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Hey Roswellians, I was wondering if anyone has been watching the 'Grey's Anatomy' Spinoff drama series, Private Practice? It stars Kate Walsh, aka Addison Forbes Montgomery-Shepherd from 'Grey's Anatomy'? She was Derek Shepherd's aka Dr. McDreamys' estranged and now ex-wife. I have been watching since it began and now its' in the midst of Season 4 and has been renewed already for a 5th Season. Sound off to me if you're also a fan of this series... :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Private Practice

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Yes I've been watching it.......expecially like the character, Charlotte (KaDee Strickland - Jason Behr's real life wife). Keep hoping Jason will show up for a guest appearance.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I know right? I sure hope we get to see Jason in a guest starring role in some capacity :D I loved KaDee too and her current storyline has been heart wrenching :x :cry: I sure hope she gets an Emmy nomination when the time comes!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

I love love love Private Practice. The ethical questions they deal with week to week always gives my mind something fascinating to analyse. It's fun yet heart wrenching.

I don't know how I didn't realize KaDee was married to JB this whole time. I never pay attention to these things. I've been watching the show from the very beginning too. I guess star role would be amazing. KaDee is fantastic. She did amazing things with her storyline this season. They certainly don't take it easy on any of characters in that show. They've all been through so much.

I'm still super bothered by the fact that didn't take in Dell's daughter. That broke my heart. I hope they revisit that.

Does anyone know if Audra McDonald is off the show for good now? It sounded like her character, Naomi, was going away for good.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I have heard that she wants off the show, but I haven't heard anything definite about her leaving. Certainly seems like they're setting up for her departure, though.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I did read somewhere online, I forgot which site, where Audra McDonald did an interview and confirmed her character of Naomi is leaving the series. She will make guest appearances occasionally, but she wanted to spend more time with her family and they are in NY. PP films in LA, so she was doing the bi-coastal commute for these four seasons. It must have been exhausting for her. I will miss her though.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I agree ... I saw RED when no one took in Betsy. I thought that was totally horrible of them to do that. I thought for sure once Naomi came back (since she and Dell were sorta close) she would take her in. Nope. Nada. Grrrr! :x

Yes, sadly Audra is leaving to spend more time on the East coast with her family. I wish though that they'd give her a good exit. I love that Fife came back and was proclaiming his love for her. I would love to see them exit the show together, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen :(

So, any thoughts on how long AddiSam will last? Judging by last weeks epi ... not much longer. Am I'm happy to admit to this, but I want them to end. It's how I feel about the Sloan/Callie hook up (and resulting pregnancy) - I HATE IT! You don't sleep with your best friend and use them as a f**k buddy and you don't sleep with your friend's ex. :twisted:

But then again, I grew up with a different set of values. I guess that makes me a bit of a square :roll:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Aww, that's really sad Audra will be leaving. But I don't blame her with the whole bi-coastal commute thing. It makes perfect sense. I wanted Naomi to end up with Fife too. That was such a sweet gesture he made. I can't believe she turned him down.

I don't see AndiSam lasting much longer either. They never can find her someone that sticks. I thought it started off really well. But the last few episodes since Bizzy's death (that was horribly sad) things just haven't been the same.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I agree with Ellie about AddiSam. I think its wrong to sleep with and have an ongoing relationship with your best friend's ex, especially ex-husband. Sam & Naomi were still sleeping together during S1 or S2 (I forgot which one), and they still care about each other. They have Maya and now a granddaughter and I was happy it was realistically portrayed with Naomi not being okay with AddiSam. Addison already had an ongoing thing with Mark Sloane when they were living in NYC. She knew how badly things turned out when she slept with her husband's best friend. To repeat that pattern showed me she didn't learn the first time around. I know she tried to stay away from Sam and all, but still, there are lots of available, hunky men in L.A. :twisted: I want Naomi with Fife also. Maybe the writer's will surprise us and he won't give up on Naomi that easily. I think they are gonna send Naomi to the East coast anyway, b/c a few episodes back they had Maya being considered for Columbia University, and Naomi was telling Sam she didn't think Maya would be able to handle Ivy League school and a baby without help.

I love Cooper & Charlotte together and I hope they get married before the season has ended. :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I continue to enjoy PP because they take on so many "touchy" issues....and do it well in my opinion.
KaDee has done an amazing job as Charlotte, especially this year with the rape situation.