The Walking Dead

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

The Walking Dead

Post by killjoy »

Did anyone else watch it?

Am I the only zombie fan on this board?

I have to say the first ep was very very very very good!! The way it was filmed makes it look even so much more real than normal Hollywood movies or tv show.Plus it went along with the comic it came from dead on.There was only two minor things different but nothing that I felt was wrong.In fact one of the two things they changed from the comic made it even better.

So am I the only zombie movie/tv show/book fan on this board?.....please say I'm not!
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Roswellian117 »

I watched it! LOVE ZOMBIES and this comic it's based on... I already know whats going to happen of course LOL... It's a bit different than the comic but it's still good and I really liked the first episode too.

The filming is very movie like but the quality is still there and that's what I look for. These people are living to survive and death is every where you turn. I mean I think about what people have to face while going through something like this and it's frightening. Zombies really are a political/human conflicts. I see it like that atleast. Anyways, can't wait for the next episode! :mrgreen:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Good to know I'm not alone.

I loved all the scenes....I like how they don't shy away from the blood or carnage of the zombies.I like the attention to details....like the fact the gun shot in the tank WOULD be so loud to make his ears ring and deaf for a bit.

But I have to say that line...."And I told her if she didn't leave all the lights on in the house there might not be any damn global warming!!"....had me rolling with laughter :lol: :lol:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I know I like that too about the carnage... Poor horse... In all the zombie movies I've seen I've never seen them eat any animal. I really hope they didn't harm any.

Shooting that little girl really makes you question your humanity because that little girl was a living breathing person before she turned into a zombie. I really liked how she picked up her stuffed animal; that really added a great element... It really makes your question yourself after you do something like that but it is now a kill or be killed society.

The undertones of it is still the same... Society... Humanity... It's all there.
But I have to say that line...."And I told her if she didn't leave all the lights on in the house there might not be any damn global warming!!"....had me rolling with laughter
If only they had known then that that was the least of their worries. The whole being in the dark stairwell really just made me go sort of stiff... I was on edge the whole time...

My favorite line in the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" "Died without a name.... Damn..." LOL!!! Gets me every time!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Roswellian117 wrote:I know I like that too about the carnage... Poor horse... In all the zombie movies I've seen I've never seen them eat any animal. I really hope they didn't harm any.

Shooting that little girl really makes you question your humanity because that little girl was a living breathing person before she turned into a zombie. I really liked how she picked up her stuffed animal; that really added a great element... It really makes your question yourself after you do something like that but it is now a kill or be killed society.

The undertones of it is still the same... Society... Humanity... It's all there.
But I have to say that line...."And I told her if she didn't leave all the lights on in the house there might not be any damn global warming!!"....had me rolling with laughter
If only they had known then that that was the least of their worries. The whole being in the dark stairwell really just made me go sort of stiff... I was on edge the whole time...

My favorite line in the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" "Died without a name.... Damn..." LOL!!! Gets me every time!
Well in some zombie movies they only attack humans.But in a lot of zombie movies they point out that zombies will attack anything warm blooded....human or animal.In the Night of the Living Dead remake a zombie ate a mouse he caught :lol:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I remember Night of the Living Dead and the mouse. LOL... Oh man for the longest time zombies scared me because my uncle used to hide in my closet and say "Brainssssss" you know from Return of the Living Dead... Scared the shit out of me! I still get scared but it's not as bad as it used to be. Phobia of zombies have moved on to phobia of clowns; yes I am a scardy cat but can't help it! So excited for next episode!
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I meant to watch this last Sunday but since it was Halloween that was out of the question. Far too much to do around the house.

Anyway I finally caught most of the episode last night. I missed the first 15 minutes or so but Mom filled me in on what I missed. So far I'm enjoying the show but I find I'm yelling at my TV a lot at some of the stupid things the characters are doing. I'm definitely going to watch the episode airing tomorrow night. I do love a good zombie show/movie. :D
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I am so agreeing with you on the yelling thing... I find myself saying "Just kill it!" It is hilarious my boyfriend gets mad at me LOL.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I was yelling 'Just kill it' too, it was with the zombie that was dragging itself through a park and the cop was just staring at it. Granted it's probably one of the safer zombies to stare at because it can't move as well as the others but still this is not the time to have a staring contest with a dead creature.

When the guys were taking a shower I again was yelling at the TV. They were being loud and they were all taking a shower at the same time. If it were me and my family/friends/whoever in the situation one or two people would take a shower while one or two people are watching and aware of their surroundings. The son leaves the room to go get dressed alone. During a huge zombie problem it's a good idea to go places in pairs or get dressed in front of everyone else. Modesty be damned.

There were other instances where I was practically banging my head on the table and telling characters who can't hear a word I'm saying that they shouldn't be doing certain things the way they are. :lol:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

They learn I am sure... I mean it's one of those things where they feel safe for a bit then it all goes to hell. I thought he went back to kill that dragging zombie... guess not. I am so excited for the next episode I am really hoping that they get somewhere like safer or something. All I have to say is that they better wise up and not get so dumb about things.