Soap Operas

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Soap Operas

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Which ones your favorite?

I know for sure that the Young and the Restless is mine. They are so addicting!
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

When I first started watching soaps it was all Passions. But now I've drifted away Passions and have been watching General Hospital.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Ahh Passions! I used to watch that all the time when it first came on. Eh, it turned all crazy so I stopped watching a couple years ago. Plus it was amazingly cheesey but the guys were cute! I've never watched General Hospital, because it seemed really fake in a way. :?
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I mainly started watching General Hospital because Mom watched it in the late 70's early 80's. So I already knew some of the characters.

I barely watch Passions anymore mainly because it takes forever to get a reveal and resolution to a story line. Got frustrating, the only scenes I watch now are Theresa when she's w/ her family or Ethan gets jealous. :lol:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

I haven't watched Soap Operas in so long.. I think ever since Another World ended. Days of our Lives and Another World were my two addictions, DOOL just got so crazy I finally stopped watching soaps all together when Another World went off the air
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Jezebel Jinx wrote: I barely watch Passions anymore mainly because it takes forever to get a reveal and resolution to a story line. Got frustrating, the only scenes I watch now are Theresa when she's w/ her family or Ethan gets jealous. :lol:
Yep, that's about me....I have gotten tired of Theresa/Ethan will they won't they and I have known since Tess was pregnant with Little Ethan that it was Ethans son, no shock there.......it just takes too long for them to give the viewers want they want

Days of our Lives has let go or gotten rid of all the good actors and keep doing it....can't they just leave well enough alone! :P
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

They kinda screwed up Passions because they brought in all of those new characters and they put characters who didn't belong together, together! It's terrible. I used to watch Day's around the same time i started watching Passions, but now its so confusing. Another thing that makes me mad is because the actors are amost always leaving and being replaced.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Dream Weaver wrote:I have gotten tired of Theresa/Ethan will they won't they and I have known since Tess was pregnant with Little Ethan that it was Ethans son, no shock there.......it just takes too long for them to give the viewers want they want
I think everyone knew Little E was Big E's son long before JER put it into the SL. :lol:

Another reason my Passions viewing has gone down is because Justin (Fox) left. The new Fox doesn't seem like Fox at all and I just want them to kill him off.

Absolutely loving GH though, stuff actually gets revealed...that was a major requirment in choosing a new soap.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
LoveIsForever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LoveIsForever »

I have at one time watch every soap that on the air at the moment. As of now I keep up with them online with recaps. But if I had to pick a fav it would be Days of our lives.

I've watched that since I can remember my Mom was a fan I grew up watching Days, Young and the Restless, Another World and for alittle while All My Children. I later added Genral Hospital, One Life to Live, As the Wolrd turns, Bold and the Beautliful, Guidling Light and I watch some of Loving and The City, Sunset Beach and Port Charles before they all got the ax.

I watched All My Children again because Sarah Michelle Galler was on it and I was a fan of her's from the teen soap Swans Crossings.

I used to remember when one soap would go on break I will swicth channels to find one that was on lol. When you watch all the soaps you can do that. Now mostly I will watch them if nothing else is on. It's just easier to read the recaps then watch I don't have the time any more.
The One Thing That Never Dies Is Love.

My Roswell Challenges

My Forum
From the Wind to the Stars
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

I grew up watching Y & R with my mom and my sister. So I mostly remember all of the characters.