Soap Operas

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Soap Operas

Post by killjoy »

OKay.....god I hate to admit this :oops: ...but as a kid I used to live WAY out in the country where we had no cable or anything like that.Just the normal ABC,CBS and NBC to watch while growing up.One summer I had to have surgery that laid me up for weeks on the sofa.Once all the game shows went off if I wanted to watch tv I had to...... :oops: watch a soap...which I did.

Till this day I can't recall which soap it was but what I can remember was that there was some type of top secret gov't group that went around solving crimes.It had some guy with an eye patch who they called....Patch :roll: ,the British guy from the tv show The Nanny and others.

Trust me once my leg healed and I could get up to go outside I did...but I hate to say I kind of got into the show :roll: :oops: :lol:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

That was Days of Our Lives.
- Amanda
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

So, is it just me, or did GH's big "carnival" storyline just, like, fizzle out? What was the point of all that?
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Oh I love General Hospital and I love passions.

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:So, is it just me, or did GH's big "carnival" storyline just, like, fizzle out? What was the point of all that?
Have you taken a look at it recently? I think I've finally managed to put my almost thirty year obsession with this and soaps behind me. Jason & Sam back together? The original Lucky is back? The Cassadine/Spencer war is back on?

I've watched this soap since Luke raped Laura on the campus disco floor (o.k. SERIOUSLY showing my age now!) and it's just the same crap over and Over and OVER again. Kinda like how I felt about fan fiction a while back and it lead to a nearly 4 yr hiatus.

I guess I just need a few years away and then it'll come back ... that desire and love I have for getting lost in OTHER PEOPLE'S DRAMA :lol:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

See I stopped watching GH about a year ago. I got tired of what was being presented. I didn't like what was happening to the characters/stories. Now I'm watching Y&R and I'm loving it.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

As the World Turns just ended its run on Fri, 9/17 :(
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:As the World Turns just ended its run on Fri, 9/17 :(
Now that was a very sad day. I had watched it for over 2 years while I was watching Y&R and Guiding Light too. Then, when GL ended, I kept my focus on the CBS soap operas, eventually losing interest in B&B. Now I keep up with GH online and Y&R is my most-watched soap. Don't seem to miss an episode of that one, EVER