Heroes

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Heroes

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Anyone watch this? I did, and loved it! Leave it to me to get myself interested in another TV show!

i suddenly wish I had a super power, though. LOL
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Yutz that I am, I missed all but the last 15 minutes of it. But that was enough to get me interested. Of course Missus KK saw the whole thing and fed me spoilers galore.

If this takes off with Roswell fans, I see XO's up the ying yang in the making.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Okay, I managed to download the entire ep from NBC.com. This has the look of being an interesting show, if they don't screw it up.

Instead of testing her limits, Claire seems to be trying to find a way to kill herself. That "broken rib sticking out" scene was a little more than I wanted to see though. Her "dad" seems pretty sinister. It makes me wonder how she came to be "adopted".

Someone at work put forth the idea that Niki is a "Jean Grey". That she has an evil alter-ego who controls whatever powers she has.

I really liked Mohinder's character. He and Peter seem to be kindred souls in their own way.

Peter. My wife calls it cosmic injustice that he has the dreams...while his brother is the one who actually can fly.

Hiro. Ya gotta love a lovable nerd. Sort a Japanese Alex. My co-workers and I are trading bets on whether he or Peter will be Niki's love interest...if she has one.

I can't wait to see where they take it.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I know what you mean about Peter. I was like, "That is so unfair! He's the one that really wants to fly!" ;)

Hiro....he's like, the teddy bear of the series, lol. All lovable and stuff. some nerds are cool, and he definitely is.

Claire....she's just going through a....discovery phase, I think. I think once she comes to terms with what, or who she is, she'll be awesome with her ability. And yeah....her dad creeps me out.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

I'm hooked. Odessa, TX

Howdy to my peeps out west.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Okay, with no info beyond the pilot, would anyone like the prognosticate who the "love interests" (if any) will be?

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I want to see Claire and Peter. Unless that dorky friend of hers sticks around. (did anyone else snicker when she said "I'll talk to you tomorrow, in front of people, I promise". haha. I was like, that is soooo Breakfast Club. LOL)Although, I'm not quite sure what the age difference is there.

Maybe Niki and Nathan (did we ever find out if he's married?) They seem close enough in age. Plus, hooking up with someone like her would make for more drama on the campaign side of things.

Of course, those would be in a perfect, where all the couples are pretty world. Or maybe it's just my world. LOL.

(And I really hope prognosticate means guess. LOL)
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

LoL Sorry, but I do love the big words. ;-)

Actually Missus KK and I are thinking about Niki and Mohinder. Something that we talked about is the way that they have these people rubbing up against each others' lives without them even knowing it. So...do you think that Niki's little boy looks like he may have some Indian in him? Did Niki always live in Vegas? How long was Mohinder's father over here before he was killed? You see where I'm heading with this? *g* Yeah, I'm making too much soup out of one oyster, but it's fun.

As for Claire and Peter, yeah, that could work. But she seems a little young, even for Peter. I'm...er...about to make a really bad pun...."I'm holding out for a Hiro." *snickering*

Laters,
Rick

-- Henry Jenkins
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

I just got to watch this. I'll be tuning in, I really liked it.

Rick, did you clue in on the whole "evolutionary" angle? Kinda reminiscent of Prey in some ways. I found myself thinking this could be how that all got started.

I'm curious who the evil Dad works for. The government? Are they onto what's happening?

And did ya'll notice that last painting? The mushroom cloud? Hmmm seems "The Bomb" is a theme this year.

Zen
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Heya Zen,
Zendorox wrote:I just got to watch this. I'll be tuning in, I really liked it.
It ticked me off that I missed it again tonight on Skiffy.
Rick, did you clue in on the whole "evolutionary" angle? Kinda reminiscent of Prey in some ways. I found myself thinking this could be how that all got started.

To me it felt sort of X-Men-ish. Like the Mutants were just starting to emerge. I'd like to see more of the science behind it. What's driving the mutations. Human intervention, or nature itself?
I'm curious who the evil Dad works for. The government? Are they onto what's happening?
Yeah, this is custom made for a pack of "Special Unit" type xenophobes to start on a search and destroy mission, hunting down the mutants. It makes you wonder even more about Claire. Does he know what she is? If so, then how did he get his hands on her?
And did ya'll notice that last painting? The mushroom cloud? Hmmm seems "The Bomb" is a theme this year.
My wife thinks that the bomb will go off, and that Hiro's ability to turn back time will save the day. That's a bit of a reach at this point, but it's a good guess.

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins