Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

All I can say is that I was left with a profound lack of words when I saw it today. I laughed, I smirked, I gasped, I cried, I slapped my hand over my mouth more than once.

I'm left in taped-together pieces and I want to kiss Joss for it.

I think that sums it up as best as can be done without spilling my guts about the movie over and over.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I can't agree with that assessment more DMartinez.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

It was heartbreaking and wonderful...I couldn't have expected anything better. It truly shocked me, though. I was not expecting that, which is what makes it so good. But still...I'm all sniffly now. RIP little leaf...*sniff*

And the fembot? Awesome. Buffybot shoutout? I think so.
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Oh my god!!! This movie...there are no words! It was an awesome tribute to all of the fans - thanks Joss!

P.S. - did anyone else walk away thinking that Shepard Book was once an Operative?
I'm a believer!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Well, I finally got to see it. It was...wow. I figured that on Book, but not Wash. That shocked me. Poor Zoe. Damn Joss anyway. One thing bothers me. Miranda can't be the only secret in River's head. What else is the Alliance scared of? Speaking of River, the only predictable moment in the whole movie was her playing "Horatius at the Bridge". Kaylee was too funny. "The only thing that's been between my nethers in a year has had batteries in it." I laughed so hard that I cried. Good for her and Simon. Was anyone left with the feeling on Miranda that when River said "I'm all right", there was a deeper meaning? I'm betting on her becoming Senerity's new pilot.

There's so much more brewing in my head right now, but those are the things that surfaced first.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Believer2 wrote:P.S. - did anyone else walk away thinking that Shepard Book was once an Operative?
Book was totally an Operative. Didn't he say once on the show that he was a ghost? Maybe I'm imagining it, but if he wasn't an assassin before he became a shepard, then what was the point of building up all this mystery about him only to kill him off?

I think it's weird, too, that the reaver thing is the only thing that was hiding away in River's brain. That's the only secret the Alliance was trying to hide? Huh? He said at the beginning, though, that she had access to top members of the Alliance and she may have been able to read their minds. Who knows what other secrets are hiding in there.

I'm still shocked that he killed Wash. What about the dinosaurs? Who will play with them now? *sniff*
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

It's possible that it's not the only secret in her head. It was probably the one that disturbed her the most. I mean, she's still sifting through the crap that was done to her. You can't expect to all come out at once... then there would be no place for further movies. '-)
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

It was amazing! Can't say I'm happy about who bit the dust, but I loved Simon and Kaylee finally getting together. Joss rules!

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Ok - just read an interview of Joss talking about a sequel. He said he'd bring Wash back but not in a cheesy twin kind of thing. Anyone think he might come back in flashbacks to Zoe on how he won her over? We never really did see that....

And maybe Shepard Book sent Mal an envelope disclosing some of his secrets and the reason why he became a shepard...and maybe have Shep. ask Mal to right a wrong that he didn't have time to fix....
I'm a believer!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

DMartinez wrote:It's possible that it's not the only secret in her head. It was probably the one that disturbed her the most. I mean, she's still sifting through the crap that was done to her. You can't expect to all come out at once... then there would be no place for further movies. '-)
Something hit me today that I brought up to my wife. Just after the robbery, when they escaped the from the reavers with Wash's snatch manuver, they killed that reaver that got aboard. River said "he didn't lay down", and obvious reference to what happened on Miranda, as in "he didnt' lay down and die like the rest". Even then she knew what the reavers were, where they'd come from...even if she wasn't conciously aware of it.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins