Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Morena Baccarin was on "How I Met Your Mother" tonight. If you missed it, you can checkout the episode on Innertube at CBS.com. It should be up by Tuesday
Great Eppie. By the way was it just me or was that another Buffy Alum that handed Alyson her coffee at the coffee shop. Wasn't he Trevor’s brother?
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
bip
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bip »

FaithfulAngel24 wrote:
Morena Baccarin was on "How I Met Your Mother" tonight. If you missed it, you can checkout the episode on Innertube at CBS.com. It should be up by Tuesday
Great Eppie. By the way was it just me or was that another Buffy Alum that handed Alyson her coffee at the coffee shop. Wasn't he Trevor’s brother?
Andrew! Tom Lenk. His hair looked really different but as soon as I saw him I knew exactly who it was.

I love How I Met Your Mother. Did anybody see the episode with Amy Acker? That was pretty funny. "I will throw you off this roof." "So much of your mother in you." Lol. And Alexis Denisof was in the same episode. Makes me wonder if the head-honchos are fans of Whedon...
"'Hero' isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind."
-Chuck Palahnuik "Choke"
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Just saw 3:10 to Yuma. Alan Tudyk has a pretty large role as Doc Potter. He was brilliant as always.

It was a really good movie. I grew up watching westerns on weekend mornings with my Dad, so it was pretty cool getting to go see it with him.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Re: Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Post by Bubblegal »

I loved the film and I haven't stopped watching it (Along with Step Up 2).

My fave couples were Mal/River, Kaylee/Simon and Zoe/Wash. (I know that not everyone likes Mal/River but it just sorta works for me for some reason *Shrugs* I'm not really sane).

I just love River's action in the film and the way how Mal was always in tune with her. During the bit where they are doing the heist and River has a fit over the Reavers arriving - when Jayne calls Mal's name and tells him that 'The girl is pitching a fit' You could see how worried Mal got over that and he hauled her out by holding her hand.

I loved the way they both turned the gun on each other during Maidenhead but both heisated and Simon showed up - Mal could have just left River behind but he picked her up and carried her back to the ship - he could have just gotten Simon to do it but he did it himself and he trusted in her when she needed it the most.

I do like Inara (Though I had to watch it a few times before I warmed up to her) but to be honest, I just can't really see a relationship between her and Mal.

I do hope Joss will come back with a new film if possible but he did have the comic written that was set after the film but a lot of reviewers said it wasn't sastifying enough (Funny how all of them say that - especially with X-Files)
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Bubblegal, as another newbie to the Firefly/Serenity fandom, I wouldn't feel too bad about liking Mal/River. So what if they're not a very conventional pairing? I myself am a Rayne shipper. (Well, maybe that's not the best way to ease your mind. :lol: )

I can definitely see what people meant when they mentioned on earlier pages that Jayne seemed to have had some kind of crush on Kaylee - but, while I was never completely sold on Simon/Kaylee, for some reason I just can't get behind Jayne/Kaylee either. I think maybe Kaylee's a little too sweet for him; like maybe their relationship would degenerate into one of those awkward, we're-closer-to-cousins-than-lovers relationships that just generally make people cringe. Of course, I also like all of the weirder UC ships in this series (Simon/Inara, River/Jayne, Mal/Kaylee), so I don't think my opinion is worth much in terms of cannonical grounding. I just count myself lucky that I was able to enjoy the cannon pairings... usually when I my UC inclinations get away from me while watching a series, I end up being stubbornly unhappy with any remotely cannon couples.

Just as something a bit ironic/funny considering that ya'll had been discussing Kaylee/Simon vs. Jayne/Kaylee and River/Jayne: in an interview that I found a few days ago (I can try to hunt up a link if anyone's interested), Adam Baldwin said that he's always maintained that Jayne had a crush on Inara. So really, who knows who Jayne was/could be interested in? I think the merc is probably an equal opportunist anyway. ;)