Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

dmarttx
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dmarttx »

Yeah, check out Lonestar ComicShopor Darkhorse. Both have the comics up to part 2... part 3 is supposed to be out by the end of August or the beginning of September. Just run the sites' search engines for Serenity.

'-) September 30. Whoo-hoo!
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Thanks DMartinez and dmarttx.

I just started reading "Finding Serenity: Anti-heroes, Lost Shepherds and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly", edited by Jane Espenson. It's really interesting to far. :D
Last edited by Surfgirl02 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

That sounds interesting, could you post a link?

I loved this show, I thought it was Joss' best work ever and the mix of characters was so much fun. I want to be Zoe when I grow up. :wink: I was stunned when I found out they canceled it, I was a fan right from the start and have had the opening night for "Serenity" marked since they decided when that was.

I work front desk at a hotel and I put a caller on hold so I could watch the preview with my coworker(you know who you are! I finally see one of your posts on the board, how weird is that?)we watched the whole thing(trailer 3 I think) in silence. It looks awesome. I'd love to find out more about Inara in this movie, she's such an enigma.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Here is the link to the book I was talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

You can buy it at any bookstore...I got mine at Barnes & Noble. :D It's a collection of essays from fans, philosophers, and other sci-fi writers talking about the uderlying meanings, complexities of relationships, and favorite moments. Jewel Staite (Kaylee) even wrote an essay for it, highlighting her top 5 favorite moments from each episode, including the true reason on why she calls Mal "Captain Tight Pants" in Shindig.
Last edited by Surfgirl02 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And they say
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Wow, that was fast! :shock: :lol: Thanks very much. :D

-Ellie

DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Egad!

Post by DMartinez »

You put a caller on hold... I clapped my hand over two friends mouths so I could hear without their yapping. Clearly, they don't know me and my Joss obsession... and they call themselves friends.

keep seeing Krumholtz in the previews. I know someone somewhere said they were using him to pull in a (newer) younger audience but how in the world are they doing that? Was he good or evil or not so bad? couldn't tell myself.
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Yes the many lengths we Whedon fans go to in pursuit of our fix! :lol: I bought copies of the DVDs for friends and donated money so that they could send them to Navy ships out at sea. All part of our evil plot to garner him more fans, so that someday...<ahem> :oops: Sorry you didn't come for the "JW takes over the world in 10 easy steps" seminar, so I won't bore you with that. :roll: :lol:

I don't care what DK is(good or evil), my sister is a big fan of his so that's one more movie ticket sold and one baby step closer to a sequel or television comeback!

And I loved when Mal asked Jane and Wash if they wanted to run the ship! :lol: It was so great when he told Jane "well...you can't." I'm so psyched for the opening night. My whole family knows better than to make plans for that day or they will be broken without mercy! :twisted: :lol: "mine is an evil laugh.." :wink:

-Ellie

Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I'm smart and posted this in the wrong spot...ack.
And they say
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Oooh - I wish I could find some Firefly fans here in Chicago! I want to go see Serenity with some fellow obsessive fans so I don't end up having to explain things.

<sigh>
I'm a believer!
dmarttx
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dmarttx »

I hear you. two years ago, I didn't know a single other RL person who watched and enjoyed Firefly. sigh.

But now I know one other person... hmm... posting in the same thread... the universe could come to an end... but not until after Sept. 30 if I gotta chug coffee all night and wait in line all morning for the first screening to do it. :-)