Battlestar Galactica

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Ellie wrote:
My favorite part was Kara with Leoban. "I'll see you soon", and her answer "take your time"..wow. That was really good tv! I don't think that Casey really is her child with him though, that's what was implied right? If that were true the other Cylons would know and then Hera, Sharon's baby, wouldn't have the same significance.
I think Casey is Kara's, but Hera is more significant because she was not laboratory produced. If they could a way to naturally reproduce instead of in test tubes, it would be better for them.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Well regardless of her biology, her appearance in Kara's life has clearly tipped the scales, softened her toward her captor and given him more leverage against her. Not that he needs it.

From a story point of view it's good either way. If Casey is her daughter then there's the conflict of her heritage to get over. If not then there's the lie of her existance. Who's daughter is she and how will Kara face maybe having to give her back when she gets out of there?

And what the heck happened to Apollo? Geez the guy has a ways to go before he'll be back in fighting shape. I hope he gets started on that PDQ.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Ellie wrote:

And what the heck happened to Apollo? Geez the guy has a ways to go before he'll be back in fighting shape. I hope he gets started on that PDQ.

-Ellie
I KNOW! I understand that they needed to show that he had gone soft but did they have to show him in a towel? I know that's really superficial but still.

Drifter Love

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I'm just glad that it's a fat suit and JBamber hasn't really had to pack on all those pounds. That's never healthy for an actor so I'm glad they didn't go that way. I agree though, the towel was a bit much.

I think his physical and emotional shape has taken a serious toll on his marriage. Personally I don't see the connection between them but it'll be interesting to watch how his transformation back to the Lee we remember or at least a guy who looks like him, since some change is good, will affect the people around him.

I really liked the hug between him and his dad.

-Ellie

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Ellie wrote:
I think his physical and emotional shape has taken a serious toll on his marriage. Personally I don't see the connection between them but it'll be interesting to watch how his transformation back to the Lee we remember or at least a guy who looks like him, since some change is good, will affect the people around him.

-Ellie
I have never gotten the connection between them either. It just didn't feel right.

I'll be interested to see how both Adama's react once they find out what has happened to those they left behind especially Kara considering how they both care about her.

Drifter Love

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

About Ellen
LittleBit wrote:I'm not either but I wish she realized how by trying to save Saul, she's putting so much in danger.
Ellen can't see past her own nose and what SHE wants. I doubt she has the mental fortitude to look at a larger picture.

About Boomer
LittleBit wrote:Did you catch the change in Sharon's (the one on Galatica) last name? It wasn't Valerii anymore but Agathon. Like Helo's.
I didn't catch that! Wow! Seems there's been a mass wedding up there.

About Jammer:
I thought this was "curious". Jammer was at the graduation ceremony where Duck used the bomb, but he didn't have a scratch on him. Odd.

About Kara, Leoban, and Casey:
I'm torn here. Either ...

A) Leoban is playing with Kara's head in a BIG way and he used Casey to further his goal of getting under Kara's defenses.

or

B) He has really fallen for Kara and wants a family with her. There were clues there for this. The hospital scene, the dinner scene. Scenes were he was very tender with her, ya know?

We know it's possible for the humanoid Cylons to love. Boomer & Hero; The Original #6 and Baltar.

Hmmm...

This show is absolutely my favorite show on TV.

Zen
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Zendorox wrote:
B) He has really fallen for Kara and wants a family with her. There were clues there for this. The hospital scene, the dinner scene. Scenes were he was very tender with her, ya know?

We know it's possible for the humanoid Cylons to love. Boomer & Hero; The Original #6 and Baltar.

Hmmm...

This show is absolutely my favorite show on TV.

Zen
A big part of me wants Casey to be Kara's. Just because it would be so much more satisfying. I would hate for all of the emotion to go on then have it be said that Casey isn't hers.

And I do believe that the humanoid Cyclons can love. However I do believe certain models like #6 & #8 (Don't forget the chief and the other Sharon) are more open to it. It'd be nice to see one of the male humanoids to also be open to it. I think Leoban definitely feels something. Not sure if its just attraction or more. I think he sees a fighter in Kara and that 'turns him on'.

Drifter Love

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Yeah, I think it's cool that Six and Sharon have fallen in love. And while I can't say for sure if it's cool but Leoban's got a freaky thing for Kara. Genuine love or not it's a rollercoaster ride to watch.:lol:

I was pretty stunned when Six was shot right in front of Baltar. I've really become attached to her character. She's so complex, it's amazing to watch her come into herself step by step. Each interraction is another bit of self discovery.

And while she'll most likely come back as soon as she's downloaded herself maybe her "death" will be a good kick in the pants for Baltar. Always a trip to see what he's getting himself into and how he justifies it to himself.

I didn't think it was Jammer at the graduation. I thought it was Roslin's former secretary. To be honest I'm not sure about that, I didn't pay very close attention to that bit. Fascinating discussion about the relative morality of Saul's methods against the Cylons.

So how come all the female humanoid Cylons are so much better looking the male ones? I was just mulling that over. I mean I love Dean Stockwell, but he's not on my list of hotties. And the other guys I'm equally ambivalent about. Any thoughts about the clear inequality of looks between the sexes?

-Ellie

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Ellie wrote: And while she'll most likely come back as soon as she's downloaded herself maybe her "death" will be a good kick in the pants for Baltar. Always a trip to see what he's getting himself into and how he justifies it to himself.
They said in the episode that she would be back but it will be interesting to see how that effects Baltar. Although, we haven't seen if those two have had any one on ones yet, well ones that aren't in their heads.
So how come all the female humanoid Cylons are so much better looking the male ones? I was just mulling that over. I mean I love Dean Stockwell, but he's not on my list of hotties. And the other guys I'm equally ambivalent about. Any thoughts about the clear inequality of looks between the sexes?

-Ellie
That's an interesting point. It's funny, I knew that Leoban was going to be in the premiere even before I saw the commercials and I remembered him a lot cuter then he was. Maybe the Cylons see the women more as seductresses then the men.

I can't wait to see the other five models. I can't remember where I read it but those five are a closely guarded secret but I'm dying to see what they look like. I know many people who probably think they might be Adama or Roslin or Lee but I don't think that although I know they will be important.

Drifter Love

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Personally I'm looking forward to getting to know D'Anna better. Lucy Lawless describes her character as a twisted mother to the other Cylons. Sounds promising.

And of course Callis is so witty in his poking fun at his associates who have found God. Not to mention I think he likes to play cat and mouse games. He wants to see his pets/toys/victims try to get out of the situations he engineers. So I'm sure that Saul will find out about what Ellen has done on his behalf. His reaction is what I'm waiting for. That's gonna be a frackin' fireworks show.

As for the other 5 models...I'm thinking Duala is one of them. Otherwise her story has been told and so far the writers have been careful to get as much mileage out of each person as they can. Any way it falls it certainly is fun to speculate.:D

-Ellie