Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

LittleBit wrote:
I don't understand how the men of Smallville namely Lex, Clark and Jason can see a naive simpering wimp like Lana who thinks of no one but herself and how she has always been abandoned (It's because she drives them away) and adore her unconditionally while either ignoring a beautiful, strong woman like Chloe.

I think he would find it exhausting to put up with her and her black and white views.
Amen to that! It's the perpetually self-involved part and her hypocrisy that I find hard to watch. You say Lex would get tired of her black and white views, anyone would, but what really gets me is her double standard about it all.

It's wrong to keep secrets, to lie and spy on your friends..unless she's doing it. It's cruel to keep a guy on the line because you can..unless she does it. I could go on but my fingers would get tired.:roll:

So I would just love to hear about a male that enters Smallville who is not evil but just doesn't have much use for the much(undeservedly so)sought after Lana.

Can we just drop a house on her already and call it a day? It's Kansas, the state is known for things like that.:lol:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

Ah, yes, the double standards. You're right, the list is endless.

And the fact that every *single* male that ever appeared on Smallville was gaga over Lana drives me crazy as well. I'm with you, Randi, I don't know why any sane male would choose boring, selfish, high-maintenance Lana over spunky, fun, down-to-earth, interesting Chloe. Lana is nothing but one big whiny annoyance. What guy would want a girlfirend like that?
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Ellie wrote: So I would just love to hear about a male that enters Smallville who is not evil but just doesn't have much use for the much(undeservedly so)sought after Lana.
-Ellie
If I remember correctly, Lucas did not fall under the Lana spell. One more reason they should bring him back.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Ellie wrote:It's wrong to keep secrets, to lie and spy on your friends..unless she's doing it. It's cruel to keep a guy on the line because you can..unless she does it. I could go on but my fingers would get tired.:roll:
Mom and I were talking about this very thing concerning Lana last night. She and I are on the same boat in the Lana's boring, hypocritical (sp?), and selfish. I think it says something about the character when Mom whose only been watching for a season thinks she's irritating and wants her dead.
Littlebit wrote:If I remember correctly, Lucas did not fall under the Lana spell. One more reason they should bring him back.

You're right I don't think he was attracted to her...but I can't remember if they shared any scenes together either? ...Oh just figured out who hasn't been attracted to Lana (at least not that they showed) Aquaman and Green Arrow.

The thing that bothers me the most isn't that every guy wants her, that she whines all the time about her dead parents, that she can never be wrong, or that she needs to be in on everyone's secret even though no one has the right to ask about hers. It's that she's "moved on" in a sense a few times but still has Clark dangling on hook for when she's ready to play with him.

She's had Whitney, Lex, Clark, and Jason not to mention whoever she went out with for an episode or two. Four separate and different somewhat long term relationships. What has Clark had? Lana and a brief tiny couple episodes with Alicia and Chloe. Heaven forbid Clark move on and break insignificant Lana's heart.

Now granted Clark's being too nice with Lana, nice to the point of stupidity. He's not telling her to take a hike or go jump off a building w/o Superman. Has he not learned his lesson about Lana?
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:
Littlebit wrote:If I remember correctly, Lucas did not fall under the Lana spell. One more reason they should bring him back.

You're right I don't think he was attracted to her...but I can't remember if they shared any scenes together either? ...Oh just figured out who hasn't been attracted to Lana (at least not that they showed) Aquaman and Green Arrow.
They did have one or two scenes when he was taking over the Talon but he showed no interest in her. I haven't watched the last two seasons sot I don't know about the other guys.

She's had Whitney, Lex, Clark, and Jason not to mention whoever she went out with for an episode or two. Four separate and different somewhat long term relationships. What has Clark had? Lana and a brief tiny couple episodes with Alicia and Chloe. Heaven forbid Clark move on and break insignificant Lana's heart.
Who was the guy she met in Physical Therapy? (I wish the horse would have kicked harder) I can't remember his name but he was on there for quite a while so that's 5.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

LittleBit wrote:I wish the horse would have kicked harder.
lol, not just you. On the Lana-unappreciation thread over at fanforum, they call the horse Stompy and he's their maskot and woud-be hero. :lol:

No idea what the guy from physical therapy was called, just remember that he was actually dead or something. And yes, that's another guy on the list of Lana-worshippers. Gag me with a spoon. :roll:
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I can't remember the name of the ep. It was the one where Mr.Kent dies. I didn't read spoliers for it. I wished I did. I was so happy when they killed Lana. Then I got so mad when they killed off Mr.Kent. That ep made me happy, sad and then so mad. I liked Mr. Kent and I don't like Lana. So when they did that I stoped watching it for a while.
- Amanda
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Stompy! ROFLMAO! Oh my god that was hilarious..my stomach hurts from laughing so hard over that. Thank you so much for sharing, you just made my day.:wink:

As for Papa Kent dying instead of Lana, I know we all saw it coming but who seriously saw that as a good trade except the writers? We all knew Mr.Kent was not long for the world but to tease us with a possible demise of Lana(ok so techinically she did kick the bucket) only to yank it away from us was cheap and unworthy of people who get paid the kind of money they do.:roll:

-Ellie

NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

They gave all of us Lana haters hope and then took it all away.
- Amanda
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

NotYourChick wrote:They gave all of us Lana haters hope and then took it all away.
*nods in accord*Those bastards! :x

-Ellie