Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I had to stop watching because of all the Lana. I've grown to hate that bitch, and it's sad because it's from the writers using her too much. I liked her ok when the show first started and she was in every once in a while but wasn't a main focus.

I haven't watched a single epi since last season and I didn't even watch all of that epi. The previews tell me there's nothing there I want to see so badly I'll gag through the presence of MizLang for an hour. The CW can just wait for my Nielsen contribution until Supernatural comes on and then I get to hating on SW, 'cause that moy annoys the hell outta me and always has.:lol:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I can't say I'm a Lana fan either. I'm a Lois fan. I keep waiting for Clark and Lois to get together.
- Amanda
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Ahhh NO! LANA AND CLARK!!
lol I must say these episodes of Smallville have been improving! YAY!
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I still watch (I use that term loosely though) Smallville. I record it although I'm normally doing something else during this hour. I'm a huge Clark/Lois fan, and I actively hate Lana. To me her character has become too much of a main character, I could understand a couple episodes here and there that would be Lana-centric because she is apart of the show but for the last couple years it seems to be every other episode. Which to me is very irritating since she's my least favorite character and also the show is supposed to be about Clark's youth not her's.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I agree JJ. I'm hoping they kill her off so we can finally get over her already and stop having to watch shows centered around her when we're really there to see Clark become Superman. Plus it's very aggravating to see Clark compare Lois to his childhood love and for her to always come up lacking. Especially when we know their's is the true love story of his life.:roll:

And you'd think Lex would have better taste. If he really wants to go the younger-home-town-gal route there's always Chloe. She's a sweetie and while Jimmy is A-dorable he's not her equal. She and the younger Luthor would be much better suited.

Ok, climbing off my soapbox now. Happy viewing to those still watching. And JJ, let me know if they finally do something about the ubiquitous Miss.Lang.:wink:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Ellie wrote:I agree JJ. I'm hoping they kill her off so we can finally get over her already
I've been hoping for that since the fourth season and I almost got my wish too in Season 5 but Clark had to save Lana.
Plus it's very aggravating to see Clark compare Lois to his childhood love and for her to always come up lacking. Especially when we know their's is the true love story of his life.:roll:
Agree completely. Now I can understand entirely if Clark/Lois don't get together in the Smallville series because technically their love didn't bloom until they were older and working at the Daily Planet. But does Lana have to be the only woman he's ever cared/loved in his high school/college days? Why couldn't they show him having a real relationship with someone other than Lana? Even for half a season?
And you'd think Lex would have better taste. If he really wants to go the younger-home-town-gal route there's always Chloe. She's a sweetie and while Jimmy is A-dorable he's not her equal. She and the younger Luthor would be much better suited.
Oh I love Chloe/Lex, they were a couple that wished were explored. In a few of the early episodes of the series the writers seem to be playing with that idea a little by letting them flirt sometimes but then they dropped it.
Ok, climbing off my soapbox now. Happy viewing to those still watching. And JJ, let me know if they finally do something about the ubiquitous Miss.Lang.:wink:
Not a problem Ellie, I'll keep you in the know if something interesting happens with/to Lana. Not holding my breath though.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

It's about time. LOL People who don't like Lana either.
- Amanda
Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

Ellie and JJ, I completely agree with everything you said. I hate Lana. Her character made me stop watching Smallville in early S4, despite Jensen Ackles being on the show. I think that says it all.

The reason I hate Lana, apart from the fact that she's too whiny for my taste, is that she's the biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen on TV. I can't even begin to count the ways.

For starters, every single male on Smallville seems to be madly in love with her, or at elast totally enchanted by her.

Secondly, her perfection goes so far beyond anything that could ever be realistic, it makes me gag. Seriously, how does a teenager manage to go to school, get good grades and at the same time manage a cafe, even though an earlier episode clearly showed that she couldn't serve a cup of coffee to save her life? And then Martha, a woman twice her age who managed to juggle working for Lionel, the farm, the household, being a wife and being a mother, has to ask *her* for advice when she takes over the cafe?

And no matter what Lana does, she always comes out as miss perfect who can do no worng and the others are always the bad guys. What about the time she snooped around in Chloe's computer and found the pictures of Chloe and Clark at prom? In the end, *Chloe* had to apologize to *Lana*.

Gah, it's sickening. Ruined the show. That and the fact that they actually color-coded their characters. :roll:

Stepping off my soap box now...
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I think it's funny how Lana always wanted to know what Clark was keeping from her and yet she kept things from him.
- Amanda
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Calinia wrote:
The reason I hate Lana, apart from the fact that she's too whiny for my taste, is that she's the biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen on TV. I can't even begin to count the ways.
You and I have had multiple conversations about Lana and our hatred of her character but it's been a while and your words have stoked the fire again and I'll keep the soapbox warm for you..

I don't understand how the men of Smallville namely Lex, Clark and Jason can see a naive simpering wimp like Lana who thinks of no one but herself and how she has always been abandoned (It's because she drives them away) and adore her unconditionally while either ignoring a beautiful, strong woman like Chloe.

I love Chloe and I would exceed the word count per post if I went into why.

I know some people show say that men would like subservient women but LEX?! Come on. He would so bored with Lana so quickly. Sure, I can kind of see how he might want a perfect, innocent person to balance out the evil he thinks is inside him but after the first month, who the hell would want to live like that. I think he would find it exhausting to put up with her and her black and white views.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ