Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Smallville

Post by Hunter »

killjoy wrote:You know without Clark/Lana I just can't get into this show anymore :cry:
I second that! I find myself having to grin and bear it. :( I'm CLANA all the way.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Without having Lana in the show, I've been watching way too much!

I always felt that they overused Lana in the story - every guy wanted to be with her, every villian wanted to kidnap/kill her. It was getting really annoying that it began to feel like it was Lanaville rather than Smallville as it was meant to be about Clark becoming superman but all I saw was him dropping back to a stupid idiot who couldn't get over Lana despite the fact that she kept moving on with all different men and she even slept with evil Clark without realising it?

I stopped watching it after season 2 and got back into it in season 4 because Lois came in and I was curious about the actress who played her because Lois was always one of my fave woman (She kicks ass!), stopped it in Season 5 because Lana was around more (And Clark gave up his own father, someone who made the show far more bearable, just for someone who kept betraying him by going to Lex) and I'm now watching Season 8 because Lana is barely in it (Just for 4 epics, which i will miss) and Clark and Lois are brilliant - Tom and Erica have a great chemistry together.

Yeah, at first I liked Clark and Lana in season 1 and 2 but then it just got far too boring and just kept repeating itself that I just switched it off and turned to something far more interesting - plus they showed Clark as a selfish little boy who can't get over his childhood love when he was supposed to grow up into this superhero to save the world - I couldn't even see it because Lana kept holding him back.

I'm glad that the new directors took over and they are planning on making it go the way it was supposed to go - Lana out of the picture and Clark and Lois together.

I'm sure Kirsten is very grateful - I felt so sorry for her to play such a weak character and who kept getting shoved in the limelight - I love Kirsten, she is one of my fave actress but I despised her character so much that I'm so happy that Kirsten has been freed to do what she is very good at - playing other characters and to become one of the best actress I know she can become rather being stuck playing Lana, the constant damsel in distress.

By the way - I hope that the whole Chloe fan who think she should be Lois has their dreams shattered because Lois would never kill anyone - not the way Chloe did to that boy - I think we are going to see an even more dangerous side to Chloe and It's one I can't wait to see as we know that Chloe isn't really in Clark's future, I wonder how she is going to leave.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I hadn't really watched till Lois came. I thought the show was dull. I'm a HUGE superman fan. Like you said this show is about how superman became superman. Who is by his side. Lois Lane. I don't really watch the show with Lana. Guess I'm going to have to stop again. Looks like they are putting us through this again.
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

It's strange you know.How so many people can watch the same show and just get split up and be so die hard for their favorite ship.....or anti for someone elses :lol:

Like I've always and am still a Clark/Lana fan who never got anything for Chloe/Clark.Not bashing the ship.....that is just me.

But one of my best friends who I have so much in common with was one of the biggest Chloe/Clark fans ever.....and she used to roll her eyes at me so much and say "I can't believe you like.....HER(Lana)" She would draw out....her....like it was some kind of scum stuck on the bottom of your shoe :lol:

But I admit if I can't have Clark/Lana.....Clark/Lois isn't that bad :mrgreen:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I did not see this happening. I sorta feel bad for Clark and Lana.

I don't think Lex is dead. I think they will being him back some how or another. I still can't get over that Ollie did it. I'm such a fan of his, but I guess Lex pushed him too far. Do we know who killed Ollie's parents?

I'm missing Jimmy. Shouldn't Chole be with him. Where is he?
- Amanda
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Hunter wrote:
killjoy wrote:You know without Clark/Lana I just can't get into this show anymore :cry:
I second that! I find myself having to grin and bear it. :( I'm CLANA all the way.
I agree with both of you. It makes me cry not having Lana on the show anymore. In my head, though, Clark ends up with Lana and not Lois. Nothing against Lois, I'm just a total Clana fan. :)
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

You know - I can't really see why anyone would like Lana - I mean, I liked her at first but then she started being really manlipuative and cold. She was always a damsal in distress, despite taking up defence, she played Clark like a yo-yo, claiming that he wasn't allowed to keep secrets from her but she was allowed to do whatever she wanted.

If you think about it - Lana always had a guy in her pocket - Whitney doesn't pay attention, Clark is to sort him out. Clark doesn't pay attention, Lex is to sort him out. Jason doesn't pay attention - Clark and Lex is to sort him out and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

She was to marry Lex - she said yes, she was having his baby but turns around to Clark and says that she will dump Lex if he just tells her truth - that is emotional Blackmail. She slept with Bizzaro Clark and couldn't tell the difference but Lois could and she wasn't even privy to Clark's secret.

The reason why I like Lois is she brings out a whole new side of Clark - the playful type who forgets that there is a whole world resting on his shoulder, she doesn't give him time to mope, she tells him how she sees it. She doesn't seem him as the hero who has to save her everytime she is in danger like Lana and Chloe expected him to do and not once she had ever bugged him about his secret - she accepted that there was a part of him that he couldn't explain to her just yet while Lana and Chloe kept bugging him about it every single time - Chloe even tried to use her powers of getting people to tell truth on him.

Lana only found out the truth because she tricked Clark into revealing it. Chloe only found out because Alicia tricked Clark as well - those two didn't find out because Clark trusted them enough - and he was right, Chloe just teased him about his power and was in awe over it. Lana, when she first found out, went straight to Lex and told him that Clark had told her his secret - who the hell does that?!

When Lois found out the truth - she was shocked but she didn't seem afraid and in awe, just impressed - before she got her mind wiped and add in the part where Clark saved Lois (I know this was an AU), she was happy and impressed, she wasn't afraid or going to rush off and tell anyone - that tells you that Lois is probably the only person, apart from Clark's mother and father, would be able to accept that Clark is an alien and it is part of him - Lana and Chloe had a hard time at first then got settled into having their own superhero, Pete left because he couldn't handle Clark's secret.

I understand that people like Clark and Lana but I never understood that couple and got bored with their on & off relationship because it was the same thing over and over again - Clark couldn't trust Lana with his secret and Lana couldn't handle the fact that Clark had a secret that he wasn't telling her but she pulled the same trick out of the hat - she had secrets that she refused to tell him.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

You are right.
- Amanda
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Bubblegal wrote:You know - I can't really see why anyone would like Lana - I mean, I liked her at first but then she started being really manlipuative and cold. She was always a damsal in distress, despite taking up defence, she played Clark like a yo-yo, claiming that he wasn't allowed to keep secrets from her but she was allowed to do whatever she wanted.

If you think about it - Lana always had a guy in her pocket - Whitney doesn't pay attention, Clark is to sort him out. Clark doesn't pay attention, Lex is to sort him out. Jason doesn't pay attention - Clark and Lex is to sort him out and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

She was to marry Lex - she said yes, she was having his baby but turns around to Clark and says that she will dump Lex if he just tells her truth - that is emotional Blackmail. She slept with Bizzaro Clark and couldn't tell the difference but Lois could and she wasn't even privy to Clark's secret.

The reason why I like Lois is she brings out a whole new side of Clark - the playful type who forgets that there is a whole world resting on his shoulder, she doesn't give him time to mope, she tells him how she sees it. She doesn't seem him as the hero who has to save her everytime she is in danger like Lana and Chloe expected him to do and not once she had ever bugged him about his secret - she accepted that there was a part of him that he couldn't explain to her just yet while Lana and Chloe kept bugging him about it every single time - Chloe even tried to use her powers of getting people to tell truth on him.

Lana only found out the truth because she tricked Clark into revealing it. Chloe only found out because Alicia tricked Clark as well - those two didn't find out because Clark trusted them enough - and he was right, Chloe just teased him about his power and was in awe over it. Lana, when she first found out, went straight to Lex and told him that Clark had told her his secret - who the hell does that?!

When Lois found out the truth - she was shocked but she didn't seem afraid and in awe, just impressed - before she got her mind wiped and add in the part where Clark saved Lois (I know this was an AU), she was happy and impressed, she wasn't afraid or going to rush off and tell anyone - that tells you that Lois is probably the only person, apart from Clark's mother and father, would be able to accept that Clark is an alien and it is part of him - Lana and Chloe had a hard time at first then got settled into having their own superhero, Pete left because he couldn't handle Clark's secret.

I understand that people like Clark and Lana but I never understood that couple and got bored with their on & off relationship because it was the same thing over and over again - Clark couldn't trust Lana with his secret and Lana couldn't handle the fact that Clark had a secret that he wasn't telling her but she pulled the same trick out of the hat - she had secrets that she refused to tell him.
That's all right. I never got what people saw in Clark and Chloe. And I still don't get Clark and Lois even though I know they're supposed to end up together. In my head, Clark and Lana will always have a happy ending together. That's just the way I feel.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Wow I'm amazed that Lana's put on the prometheus suit which gives her similar powers to Clark.
I wished this got them together. I'm so sick and tired of them breaking off. I love them together.

Lois and Clark in smallville doesn't really do it for me. :(