Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Smallville

Post by killjoy »

Ohhh I read a many Superman comics a mannnnnnnny years before Smallville was even thought of much less on.And even than I was never that big into Clark/Lois.

About the only Lois I ever liked was T.Hatcher*sp?* who played Lois on the 90's tv show Lois and Clark.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Ick! I still can't stand Clark and Lois. They are like the least interesting couple on the show, and they are part of the reason why watching Smallville, for me anyway, has become more of a chore than something I honestly look forward to. It doesn't help that there was no real blossoming of their love that we got to see. It was more like they just woke up one day and decided that they were going to be in love now.

I hate to say it, but I'm honestly glad that this is the last season because this show hasn't been Smallvile for awhile now. It's been Metropolis/Clark and Lois show with the writers basically grasping at whatever straw they have to keep the show going. And I'm sorry, but they will probably never be able to come up with a villian as interesting and amazingly evil as Lex Luthor. Every other villian pales in comparison to Michael Rosenbaum's version of Lex Luthor. And it just hasn't been the same since he and Kristen Kreuk left. :(
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Cocogurl wrote:Ick! I still can't stand Clark and Lois. They are like the least interesting couple on the show, and they are part of the reason why watching Smallville, for me anyway, has become more of a chore than something I honestly look forward to. It doesn't help that there was no real blossoming of their love that we got to see. It was more like they just woke up one day and decided that they were going to be in love now.

I hate to say it, but I'm honestly glad that this is the last season because this show hasn't been Smallvile for awhile now. It's been Metropolis/Clark and Lois show with the writers basically grasping at whatever straw they have to keep the show going. And I'm sorry, but they will probably never be able to come up with a villian as interesting and amazingly evil as Lex Luthor. Every other villian pales in comparison to Michael Rosenbaum's version of Lex Luthor. And it just hasn't been the same since he and Kristen Kreuk left. :(
QFT. I so agree with you there. I've stopped watching Smallville, I do have a little sneaky glimpses but no, it's not the same without Lana Lang. It's strange now that Clark is suddenly into Lois and they have this whole blur-Lois phone call conversations.

I hate that because I've always pictured Clark to have that relationship with Lana, not Lois but I had a feeling Lois would be the lucky one. I've always liked Lois with Oliver so I find it extremely strange at the turn of events in Smallville.

Not only am I seeing Clois but the episodes are generic, they're not anything new. I've seen it before. Smallville should have taken their own spin on things instead of following the Clark-Lois relationship. But I think the whole on and off relationship with Lana and Clark were tiring. Oh, to think how Smallville would have been if I had written it. Clark and Lana would be a couple all the way. :wink:

I now watch re-runs of smallville and love my Clana moments. :mrgreen:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I'm just glad that this - being the FINAL season - Clark is actually going to fly! Dammit ... it only took 10 yrs for it, right? :roll: :lol: :D
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I don't have a problem with Lois the person,I just loved Clark/Lana a whole lot more.In fact I thought Lois/Oliver was great. To be honest had Lex not went evil but stayed the kind of rough around the edges guy he was I think he and Lois,what with her cynically outlook on life,would have got along great.
roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellian love »

I love Lois she rocks
Clark sucks and makes me wanna stuff my ears with cotton and earplugs looking at him great hearing him whine Bad. Lois and clark together is entertaining cause of her. This season premiere sucked there was no feeling ok like 5 scenes evil Lex freaky lois running to clark when he was out, Chollie I love and is very sad that chole is gone but she made the ultimate sacrifice for love. and Jonathan always a fave. I miss michael Rosenbaum dearly. so all in all Smallville sucks. Im so glad its the last season
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

I've read a lot of your replies and agree with practically all of you. This season sucks and last season was running close behind. I blame this on the writers and I'm surprised that, as a producer, Tom Welling is tolerating this crap. I've seen both Tom and Erica in other vehicles where their acting was way past anything that this show has been giving us. They've got Lois flitting around like a ditzy moron when she's supposed to be and intelligent reporter. They've got Clark just strutting around "saying" words as he shows off his muscles and as far as a love scene goes, they need to make those two watch Max and Liz kiss, since they never actually had a love scene. maybe they would learn something.

I have been watching this final year as well only because I feel I should and I'm glad it's on on Friday night because it's the best offering out there, which says a lot for TV programming. I've got every episode on DVD, only purchased season 2 and 3, the rest I recorded myself so I sometimes just set record on a VHS tape and leave the room. I go back and dub it to DVD when I feel like I can stand to do it.

Oh well, I guess if we had their money we could by a network and air our own choices. :lol: :lol: :lol: But it's nice to vent.

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
Cardinal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cardinal »

I haven't watched "Smellvile" since Lana left town...so much for Clark's promise to "do everything he could" to find a way for them to be together.

The show should have ended three years ago at least, and might have, except for the extremely lucrative DVD sales. Oh well, I write Clana stories so that I don't have to put up with the crap from show. :)
"In the Name of the King"
-----Winner, Round 15 - Favorite Lead Portrayal of Liz Parker
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Use of a Supporting Character (Jeff Parker)
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best New Fic
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Period Fanfiction
roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellian love »

Lois and Clark , Lex and Lana and always my Chloe and Oliver :)
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

Welllll, I promised myself I wouldn't do this but here goes anyway...

As most of you know I'm 73 years old. I grew up reading comic books, TV was a real luxury back then we got one when I was 14 and it was the first one on the block. We had three channels, none of which came in that great and we watched shows like "The Ed Sullivan Hour" and "Buffalo Bob"...the TV went black at 11:30 after the eleven o'clock news so Comic books were the entertainment of all kids.

Super Boy was about young Clark Kent. He had a horrible crush on Lana Lang who wouldn't give him the time of the day. She ran with the "elite" of their class and in today's world would have been known as a snob.

Superman was about Clark Kent/Superman. He met Lois Lane when he went to work for the Daily Planet and eventually they married and had a son. There never was a Clark and Lana to speak of so it's just the shows way of getting you through Clark's High School years. I don't recall ever having read about a Chloe Sullivan so the show has taken on a whole new life to present this to the public and when all of us WW11 babies are dead and gone maybe they will bring back Clark and Lana for you. I personally never liked the way Lana flitted around on the toes of her feet and I don't like the ditzy way they've portrayed Lois Lane. I think Chloe is the only 'real woman' acting female on the show.

That's just my opinion boys and girls and if I had my way I'd hire new directors and writers and make the show more believable or a complete fantasy, which it should be anyway.

There it is kids, my opinion...I hope I didn't blow anything for those of you who haven't seen all of the series yet. It's really better than most offerings out there and Tom Welling isn't that hard to look at even for old grandmothers. :wink:

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.