Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

Gaby7tvm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gaby7tvm »

Ok, I just watch the chapter with Clark tells the whole truth about himself to Lana, and aske her to marry him...and the way they did, they stole the Roswell's marriage proposal I couldn't believe it. I'm horrified. Why? Because Roswell has become something sacred to me. And any show wich tries to be better than it, for me is a joke....Oh my god....I'm outraged
2x4
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by 2x4 »

Gaby7tvm wrote:Ok, I just watch the chapter with Clark tells the whole truth about himself to Lana, and aske her to marry him...and the way they did, they stole the Roswell's marriage proposal I couldn't believe it. I'm horrified. Why? Because Roswell has become something sacred to me. And any show wich tries to be better than it, for me is a joke....Oh my god....I'm outraged
Alright, I'm not a Smallville fan, but I presume you're referring to Clark changing a lump of coal into a diamond. I'm afraid you're mistaken about the beginnings of the whole transformation thing. Roswell, in point of fact, stole that trick from Superman (which may or may not actually be the point of origin). I don't remember precisely which flick it was in, it's been forever since I've watched them, but it happened. Not so sure about a proposal, I seem to remember Superman playing with Lois, but again it's been a long time. Still, no stealing in Superman-verse. Also, my gut tells me the Roswell scene was intended as an homage to Superman, for those fans familiar enough to catch the reference.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

But they are kinda stealing things from other shows - What about the one where Lana became a vampire - Buffy. Clark going back in time to save someone elses life - Tru Callings and we all know how that ended up, Jonathan is dead!

And the directors says that they are sticking to the comics, haven't done a good job of it have they?
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

The whole Lana turning into the vampire thing was an intentional joke because James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) was playing Dr. Milton Fine/Brainiac on the show. It was supposed to be a rip-off. That was the joke.

Also, during the proposal on Roswell, Max says that it was a little trick he stole from Superman before he turns the lump of coal into the diamond. I wanna say that is from Superman III (possibly Superman II). In addition, there were supposed to be a ton of Superman/Smallville jokes in that episode because at the time Smallvilee and Roswell were competing in the same time slot and ultimately, Smallville won and Roswell got cancelled for the third and final time. There was supposed to be a joke about a customer asking Liz which was better- the Smallville salad or the Roswell Burrito-and Liz says something about how the Smallville Salad was good but the customers who ordered the Roswell Burrito were more loyal to it. They edited out the joke because UPN didn't want to cause any problems.

It is sort of a matter of who came first: the chicken or the egg. Roswell the show may have started before Smallville, but Superman has been around since the late 1930's. It sort of a debate on who has more right to the similar plot lines.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Gaby7tvm wrote:Ok, I just watch the chapter with Clark tells the whole truth about himself to Lana, and aske her to marry him...and the way they did, they stole the Roswell's marriage proposal I couldn't believe it. I'm horrified. Why? Because Roswell has become something sacred to me. And any show wich tries to be better than it, for me is a joke....Oh my god....I'm outraged
I disagree because how Max proposed to Liz was stolen from Superman, he said so himself in the show's finale:

Max: ...A trick I learned from Superman. Let's see if it really works.

And since Smallville is pre-Superman, I don't think you should be so outraged.

Evelynn
Last edited by Evelynn on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I agree with Evelynn. Max said it himself....it was Superman's idea first.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Angel Parker
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Angel Parker »

Another thing... I'm quite sure Jonathan Kent did die in the comics. They actually changed cannon in "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" by having Jonathan alive still.

As for the whole going back in time thing, that was done before Tru Calling in one of the Superman movies. It's hard to say exactly where going back in time to save someone's life started. HG Wells used this scenario in the Time Machine, his traveler didn't have much luck either.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Superman canon is slightly nonexistant. In some versions of the comic Pa Kent is dead. In others, he is still alive. Most newer versions of the comic have Pa Kent alive. And of course, Lois and Clark have Pa Kent alive. The Superman movies have the Kents as a much older couple and Pa Kent dies of a heart attack out in the fields. Depends on what you consider true canon.
And they say
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Angel Parker
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Angel Parker »

Surfgirl02 wrote:Superman canon is slightly nonexistant. In some versions of the comic Pa Kent is dead. In others, he is still alive. Most newer versions of the comic have Pa Kent alive. And of course, Lois and Clark have Pa Kent alive. The Superman movies have the Kents as a much older couple and Pa Kent dies of a heart attack out in the fields. Depends on what you consider true canon.
Well said! There many versions of the Superman saga and it all depends on which you like best.
BlackBetty41
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BlackBetty41 »

Hi. I started watching Roswell last yr in August and from the beginning I could see alot of similarities between it and Roswell. At another site I'm on Max and Liz are referred to as the original Clana (Clark and Lana), and I think that's so true, and most of them say that even though that section is all about Smallville :lol:

Anyway, I love Smallville altho recently I've started to go off it a little cause I'm sick of the Clark and Lana on again off again routine. At least now, at the end of season 5, they've finally finished it. I've been a fan of Clark and Chloe mostly but that's because I'm a Chloe fan and I want her to be happy blah blah.

I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away
I'm your pain while you repay
you know it's sad but true