Smallville

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Which is you favourite Smallville Couple?

Clark/Lana
42%
Clark/Chloe
12%
Clark/Lois
27%
Lex/Lana
4%
Lex/Chloe
9%
Pete/Chloe
1%
Jonathon/Martha
5%

Total votes: 131

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

NotYourChick - that will happen in Season 6, which will come out June/July of this year over in the Europe section.

Ellie: Yeah, i use the name Firebabe.

Clana has been dragging on since the third series - at first and second, i was happy but then i got bored with the whole thing at the very beginning of the third season and they're STILL dragging it on!

The directors says that they like Kirsten so much that they tend to use her quite a lot, i wish they would kill off her character and allow Kristen to grow as an actress - she has a lot of potenial but being a lana-sue isn't one of them.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Evansabove
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansabove »

It's so refreshing to be able to get say how you feel about the CLANA issue. Other boards tend to not allow you to have free expression.

I'm fed up of it too. Although the UK haven't got season 6 here yet. I've watched bits on and off from other locations.

I don't mind Kristen one bit and I'm sure she would want to further her career too, as for her character it's getting so stretched out that it's wearing thin. When I heard that it was going back to the triangle of love again, I just thought I'd had enough, whether I watch avidly the next season. I don't know. But I'd wish they would do something other than Lana. After all Smallville is about CK. :lol:
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Up until recently I must admit I have been a Lana/Clark fan. I still don't hate Lana, but I have to say... she is now getting on my wick. I hope they find some suitable conclussion to this season... hopefully with Lana dying in such a way that Clark will not blame himself or with her leaving never to be seen again... ooh maybe her going into protection somewhere far far away from Lex so that finally we get some Clois.

Although I would still love a few proper episodes with Chlark. But Im guessing I'm not gonna get that so... *Shrugs*

But Kristen is wonderful... I just think its time they move on! Although I do admit my heart went out to the character with her most recent discovery!

Also...where is Jimmy? He seems to have dropped off the planet...along with Lionel...

I'm thinking they went honeymooning ;) :lol:

And why does Martha only ever appear in one season an episode these days? Can't we get it back to the usual 3 scenes? :)
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Well I read this article earlier this week and I thought I should share it. Its about the end of the season shockers/spoilers? Read at your own risk!

Smallville News
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Ok Spoilers***
Dammit, I really think it's too much to hope that it be KK that bites the dust. It's much more likely to be AM. Because it obviously can't be Lex or Clark so that only leaves the ladies...

I'm doubting the writers have the creative stones to do the tough thing:roll: and kill off the easy character. Chloe is much more interesting and therefor challenging to write.

Let me know what happens but after several false hopes I'm not holding my breath or willing to brave the Clana/Lexana just to find out for myself.

Thanks for sharing that article!:)

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Evansabove
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansabove »

Don't know the source at the top of my head. But Michael has unwittingly said he doesn't want to do a 7th season. It's not full source so don't hold it till you know okay.

however I know that Alison Mack is coming over to the UK for the Asylum aka supernatural/smallville convention and that is in May. So I think over all they may be tightlipped about it. It would be good to release the story of lana. I wish Kristen well, don't get me wrong but I would like Chloe's storylines to increase in the whole plot of sending him superman way. If that makes sense.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Kristen also said that she didn't want to do a seventh series.

It can't be Clark because it's the superman series.

I hope it's Lana - kill her off and allow Kirsten to move on.

Can they kill off Lex? I mean, Lex is the main bad guy in Smallville/Superman so there is no reason to kill him off - they'll probably just send Lex of somewhere else to let Michael free.

Are they stopping after the seventh series? Any more year of Clark/Lana triangle will make me give up completely and i'm pretty sure they will lose a lot of viewers.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Are they stopping after the seventh series? Any more year of Clark/Lana triangle will make me give up completely and i'm pretty sure they will lose a lot of viewers.

Does that matter to the writers? Are they even writing for the audience anymore or merely for their own entertainment? I mean they've kept Lana on all this time and given her illogically complex character arcs whilst ignoring more important( or more interesting) characters just because they like KK.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

If it's Chloe I am going to be very very angry :twisted:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I know Smallville isn't big on Superman canon, but if they are, they can't kill off Lana. In most versions of canon, Lana marries Pete, who, if I'm remembering correctly, was sheriff of Smallville. (It's been along time since I've read the comics and there are so many versions of canon, it's hard to keep them all straight.)

Chloe is a completely non-canon character, created soley for the series. The future does not bode well for her.

Is Lionel Luther dead yet? I haven't watched all of the episodes of this season, so I'm not sure. He could easily kick the bucket.

Also, I think in some version of canon, Martha Kent is dead as well as Jonathan, so it could be her. I think that is in one of the earliest versions when the Kents were an a much older couple who found Clark.

Who knows though, they have said it before and they'll say it again, drop all your preconceived notions of Superman because they aren't going to stick to the original story.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"