Does anyone know to work windows 8? And other questions?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Does anyone know to work windows 8? And other questions?

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hi I have a couple of questions if no one minds.

1}Does anyone know anything about windows 8?
2}Does any one know what is a good laptop to get?

Sorry for the questions. I'm buying myself a laptop for my birthday this June. And I don't know anything about laptops or windows 8. I would be greatful for some help please? And Thank you. If there are any questions please ask me. And please someone please help me?

L-J-L 76
April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Does anyone know to work windows 8? And other questions?

Post by April »

I don't know anything about Windows 8, but my mom recently purchased a new laptop and it has Windows 8 on it. (If she can figure out how to work it, anybody can.) It's definitely . . . different from all the previous versions of Windows. To me, it looks awful, but maybe that's just because I love Windows 7.

I'd suggest doing a little research -- you can look up "Windows 8 Tutorial" on Youtube and see what it's like. But all the new laptops will come with that installed. You can always install a previous version of Windows, though.

As far as what laptops are good ones to get . . . I have a Toshiba, and even though I've had problems with mine, I know it is one of the most reliable brands. (For the record, it's been problem-free for a long time now.) I had an HP before this and really liked it. Dells are NOT the most reliable, from what I hear.

I'd say, overall, from the research I've done, Toshiba and Asus seems to get the best reviews in terms of reliability for PCs, followed by brands like HP and Samsung. Sonys are good for people who want to work a lot with different forms of media. But for basic everyday use . . . I guess I'd recommend Toshiba.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Does anyone know to work windows 8? And other questions?

Post by L-J-L 76 »

April
Thank you for letting me know about windows 8 and the good computers. I have a HP desktop now and I have had it for 15 years, 1 month and 3 days now. It still is working. But I want to update. Again thank you for letting me know April.

L-J-L 76

P.S i'll check out the utube thing you were talking about.