The Official "Life is Good" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Official "Life is Good" Thread

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:Earlier today Amazon had mismarked their PS3's for a good hour and a half instead of the normal 399.99 they were selling at the low low rate of 39.99. My husband gets home from work and tells me to come closer to him, I'm scared a million things running through my head, we're having to declare bankrupcty for debts I don't know about, he got fired, he cheated numerous bad bad thoughts. So he sits me on his lap and while I'm waiting for some kind of life altering news I hear for your birthday and I interrupt with "I want that cell phone" and I get the "No honey I bought you a PS3." I have been jumping around in excitement ever since. I have no idea what games are out for this system, which ones I want, what ones I'm going to get, but it does not matter, I'm on cloud 9. It's beginning to look a lot like Valentines Day people...pink is in the air, and I'm already sniffing candy and roses, and the scent of blown out candles that will be adorning the top of my birthday cake and a pretty little box containing my new piece of electronic heaven. Mmmm....
Holy swiss cheese! I wish I had known about this. I've been looking to get a PS3 for forever, but didn't want to spend the dough. It's the only console I don't have. Are they seriously only going to charge you 39.99, or are they going to try and get full price?

If you do end up getting it I suggest "Heavy Rain", which is arguably one of the most epic games ever made. "Unchartered" 1 and 2, I hear 2 is better, but I don't know if the stories are connected. And "Infamous", another completely epic game. Also I hear "Little Big Planet" is really good. I would also suggest God of War 3, but that's a game I want, and it's extremely violent.

~Chad~
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

RosDude wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:Earlier today Amazon had mismarked their PS3's for a good hour and a half instead of the normal 399.99 they were selling at the low low rate of 39.99. My husband gets home from work and tells me to come closer to him, I'm scared a million things running through my head, we're having to declare bankrupcty for debts I don't know about, he got fired, he cheated numerous bad bad thoughts. So he sits me on his lap and while I'm waiting for some kind of life altering news I hear for your birthday and I interrupt with "I want that cell phone" and I get the "No honey I bought you a PS3." I have been jumping around in excitement ever since. I have no idea what games are out for this system, which ones I want, what ones I'm going to get, but it does not matter, I'm on cloud 9. It's beginning to look a lot like Valentines Day people...pink is in the air, and I'm already sniffing candy and roses, and the scent of blown out candles that will be adorning the top of my birthday cake and a pretty little box containing my new piece of electronic heaven. Mmmm....
Holy swiss cheese! I wish I had known about this. I've been looking to get a PS3 for forever, but didn't want to spend the dough. It's the only console I don't have. Are they seriously only going to charge you 39.99, or are they going to try and get full price?

If you do end up getting it I suggest "Heavy Rain", which is arguably one of the most epic games ever made. "Unchartered" 1 and 2, I hear 2 is better, but I don't know if the stories are connected. And "Infamous", another completely epic game. Also I hear "Little Big Planet" is really good. I would also suggest God of War 3, but that's a game I want, and it's extremely violent.

~Chad~
I can vouch for Unchartered 1 and 2 and Infamous being great games you should get. Infamous especially, I love that game.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

RosDude wrote:
Well apparently what had happened, was Amazon was selling for Target, Target had it marked as an accessory where as Amazon had it marked as the console. Anyways, an article was posted on one of the gamer sites, shortly after the glitch was noticed. They contacted Amazon Costumer Service who told the writer that it was indeed a legitimate mismark and that Amazon would honor it. A few hours later, the PS3's went off sale and console was taken off the product. Amazon costumer service is apparently investigating and depending on their investigation they will either honor the price, or most likely send out emails offering refunds or the option to pay full price. So most likely I'll be getting the cell phone for my birthday, but hey it was a great thought while it lasted and until I get in email saying otherwise I'm holding out hope that I get my product.

As for the games, if any of them are shooters I can't play them, same with sports games they all make me motion sick. So I'm pretty much stuck with RPG's which makes me a little sad, but ya know they're worth a whole lot more than a movie anyways when you count in all the FMV time so I don't really have a problem with it.

What bothers me about this, is I thought with all the false advertising laws they'd be forced to honor it. I mean I can totally understand if for someone had hacked the site, but that's obviously not what this is.

******So Amazon sent out an email earlier this afternoon, with a sincere apology over the misprice. No discount coupon for my next purchase, no ps3. I'm sad, a little mad that they can actual get away with that when most stores would follow through but I guess that's internet shopping for you. Until they send it or charge your card they can back out at any moment.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

The Australian Open is superb this year. I have been waiting for it for six months...and it's great.

Nadal is looking great. He just beat Tomic in three sets, though, I think it was a bluff on his part but it was still a great game to watch.

And now finally, the players are getting matched up on the same levels. Tomorrow is Murray and I can't wait. :mrgreen:
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Sundae wrote:The Australian Open is superb this year. I have been waiting for it for six months...and it's great.

Nadal is looking great. He just beat Tomic in three sets, though, I think it was a bluff on his part but it was still a great game to watch.

And now finally, the players are getting matched up on the same levels. Tomorrow is Murray and I can't wait. :mrgreen:
I'm so annoyed to be missing it - because of the time difference, the matches are taking place in the middle of the night here (we're 11 hours behind Melbourne in the UK) and I can't stay up that late to watch :P. There was a highlights show on the BBC this afternoon, but that's all I've seen of the matches so far. I'm routing for Murray to finally win this year :)!
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Heavenli24 wrote:
Sundae wrote:The Australian Open is superb this year. I have been waiting for it for six months...and it's great.

I'm so annoyed to be missing it - because of the time difference, the matches are taking place in the middle of the night here (we're 11 hours behind Melbourne in the UK) and I can't stay up that late to watch :P. There was a highlights show on the BBC this afternoon, but that's all I've seen of the matches so far. I'm routing for Murray to finally win this year :)!
Oh..same here. The matches here are at two times. Smack dab - middle of the day when I have school and work and at 11.30 pm at night when it's pushing my sleep time. Though, they usually do a replay of the previous game the next day, so that is what I usually catch.

I know it sucks, plus currently, in the U.S, we're competing against the basketball playoffs and football that is rounding near Superbowl time.

Hope you get a chance to at least watch the finals when it airs. And you're routing for Murray? Good to know. I like Murray, he's one of my favorite players but I really don't think he will ever get to that point.

I'm a Nadal fan first, then Federer, and then its a toss up. Djokovich is a great player, but he's so damn cocky, that i love to hate him.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

I am completely over the Open. I'll swap you all. I'm only an hour and a half's drive from the tennis, so you can all come stay at my place and I'll go to the US and the UK. Sound cool?

On another note, I had an awesome ride on my horse today. :D So I'm happy.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Sundae wrote:Hope you get a chance to at least watch the finals when it airs. And you're routing for Murray? Good to know. I like Murray, he's one of my favorite players but I really don't think he will ever get to that point.
Yeah, I hope I can watch the final - just checked the BBC website and apparently they will be airing the men's final live next Sunday morning :). I'm definitely routing for Murray - not just because he's the best player we've had in decades, but also because he went to school with my cousin and my aunt knows his mum :P (my cousin actually beat Murray in a tennis match once)!

I think he does have it in him to win a Grand Slam, if he can just hold it together... after all, he's already got to 2 Grand Slam finals in the last couple of years, including the Australian Open final last year (he's only the third Brit to reach a Grand Slam final since Fred Perry in 1936!) - the only problem there though has been that Federer has beat him in straight sets both times :P, which is annoying because Murray has won more matches against Federer than he has lost.
I'm a Nadal fan first, then Federer, and then its a toss up. Djokovich is a great player, but he's so damn cocky, that i love to hate him.
I prefer Nadal to Federer (I find Federer a bit arrogant), but I'll usually just root for whoever Federer is playing because I think someone else deserves to win now (Federer's already got too many trophies, lol) :P.
Rowedog wrote:I am completely over the Open. I'll swap you all. I'm only an hour and a half's drive from the tennis, so you can all come stay at my place and I'll go to the US and the UK. Sound cool?
Oh, yeah - great idea... I'm up for that :D. Unfortunately, you're going to have to deal with the sub-zero temperatures here in the UK right now (I've had to scrape ice off my car every day this week) :P!
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Heavenli24 wrote: Yeah, I hope I can watch the final - just checked the BBC website and apparently they will be airing the men's final live next Sunday morning :). I'm definitely routing for Murray - not just because he's the best player we've had in decades, but also because he went to school with my cousin and my aunt knows his mum :P (my cousin actually beat Murray in a tennis match once)!
That reminds me of a joke I have with a friend of mine. Any time Andy Murray wins, he's considered a UK'er, but anytime he loses, he's a bloody Scotsman. :lol:
I think he does have it in him to win a Grand Slam, if he can just hold it together... after all, he's already got to 2 Grand Slam finals in the last couple of years, including the Australian Open final last year (he's only the third Brit to reach a Grand Slam final since Fred Perry in 1936!) - the only problem there though has been that Federer has beat him in straight sets both times :P, which is annoying because Murray has won more matches against Federer than he has lost.
I prefer Nadal to Federer (I find Federer a bit arrogant), but I'll usually just root for whoever Federer is playing because I think someone else deserves to win now (Federer's already got too many trophies, lol) :P.
Rooting for the underdog is always fun. It's great to see when they win, like in '09 when Del Potro beat Federer. THAT was a great match and I actually was rooting for Del Potro in that game.
Rowedog wrote:I am completely over the Open. I'll swap you all. I'm only an hour and a half's drive from the tennis, so you can all come stay at my place and I'll go to the US and the UK. Sound cool?
Awesome, I'll trade. Plus, I live a hop and skip away from all the main Florida themeparks and I think I have annual passes to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, you're welcome to use.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Sundae wrote:That reminds me of a joke I have with a friend of mine. Any time Andy Murray wins, he's considered a UK'er, but anytime he loses, he's a bloody Scotsman. :lol:
Yeah, that's the general consensus over here, lol.
Rooting for the underdog is always fun. It's great to see when they win, like in '09 when Del Potro beat Federer. THAT was a great match and I actually was rooting for Del Potro in that game.
Yeah, definitely... it just bugs me a bit that Federer never really shows emotion, like winning is a breeze and he never has to struggle (even when he's having a bad day, it barely shows on his face), so it make you want to root for the player who you know really wants to win!
Rowedog wrote:Awesome, I'll trade. Plus, I live a hop and skip away from all the main Florida themeparks and I think I have annual passes to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, you're welcome to use.
Ooh, I want to trade too... I haven't been to Florida since 1984 :P! I was planning on going with my friend a couple of years ago, but neither of us could afford it, so I ended up at Disneyland Paris instead, lol.