Computer Issues ... Asking for Help!

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Computer Issues ... Asking for Help!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I need help. Desperately.

My modem from Cablevision was just recently changed this weekend by the tech who came to service it. In any case, I had a USB connection to my modem, that has since been switched to Ethernet.

I was able to access the candyisdandy.yuku.com before this change. However, since the change, it's been proving difficult. I was in the middle of refreshing the page and then all of a sudden, the connection was lost. I am able to access the site at work (I use Mozilla both at home and at work). But, I'm at home and trying to get on the site again and I can't.

Can anyone help me please?!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Computer Issues ... Asking for Help!

Post by trulov »

I have Microsoft Works Word Processing - can I get it to tell me how many words are in a document? How?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

:D
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

trulov wrote:I have Microsoft Works Word Processing - can I get it to tell me how many words are in a document? How?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Yes, you can :).

At the top of the document, you should see several headings: File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Table and Help. Click on Tools and a list of options will appear under that heading. Then click on Word Count (the 4th option down in my Works programme) and it will come up with a box giving you the number of words in the document.

Note: for Microsoft Works it appears it will only tell you the total number of words. In Microsoft Word, if you select just a section of a document, it will tell you the number of words in that section only, as well as some other info regarding number of pages, number of characters (with and without spaces), number of paragraphs etc.). However, with Works, only the total words is given, even if you only highlight a small section.
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Heavenli24 wrote:
trulov wrote:I have Microsoft Works Word Processing - can I get it to tell me how many words are in a document? How?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Yes, you can :).

At the top of the document, you should see several headings: File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Table and Help. Click on Tools and a list of options will appear under that heading. Then click on Word Count (the 4th option down in my Works programme) and it will come up with a box giving you the number of words in the document.

Note: for Microsoft Works it appears it will only tell you the total number of words. In Microsoft Word, if you select just a section of a document, it will tell you the number of words in that section only, as well as some other info regarding number of pages, number of characters (with and without spaces), number of paragraphs etc.). However, with Works, only the total words is given, even if you only highlight a small section.
Thank you! I honestly thought I was going to have to start counting :lol: .

And I'm so glad you're back - looking forward to more MIW.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Earth2Mama wrote:I need help. Desperately.

My modem from Cablevision was just recently changed this weekend by the tech who came to service it. In any case, I had a USB connection to my modem, that has since been switched to Ethernet.

I was able to access the candyisdandy.yuku.com before this change. However, since the change, it's been proving difficult. I was in the middle of refreshing the page and then all of a sudden, the connection was lost. I am able to access the site at work (I use Mozilla both at home and at work). But, I'm at home and trying to get on the site again and I can't.

Can anyone help me please?!
Ellie, I have Ethernet and CID has always worked fine for me. Lately, there have been some issues with a Yuku virus that bring people to a Trojan Horse download rather than the page they were looking for. But it doesn't sound like that's what you're dealing with, so I'm not sure. Maybe Yuku has some kind of help and support team that can assist you with this?

Sorry I'm not more of a help.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Thanks for letting me know that April!

I finally had my cable company come and check out my connection. It appears that for some reason, it was being blocked. They fixed the problem and I have been to re-establish connection to CID both at home and at work :D
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

trulov wrote:
Thank you! I honestly thought I was going to have to start counting :lol: .

And I'm so glad you're back - looking forward to more MIW.
No problem - glad to help :).

I'm trying to get a new part of MIW written, but I've barely had any time to sit down and concentrate on it since I got back home... I've been trying to catch up with everything I missed while I was abroad and I'm in the middle of doing jury service right now too! Hopefully I can get the next part finished soon though :).
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Never mind. It fixed itself.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Anyone have any idea why msn would tell you you're online when your not but then actually work on your phone. I've tried saving and exiting, and it's still not working...I'm clueless.
Behrgirl21
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrgirl21 »

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me.
My laoptop died on me, taking my fics with it. Someone fixed it and got the files back and popped them into a back up folder in my documents.

I then got a USB and the person who fixed laptop said I could download the whole backup folder onto my usb and the files would all be transferred automatically with the back-up folder.

Now on my new laptop, when I try to view the back up folder and what's in it, it just says:

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Backup.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the netwrok resource is available, and then try again."

What does this mean and can I get my files back?? :(