Roswellthemovie.com

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Roswellthemovie.com

Post by Roswellian117 »

Roswell The Movie HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN!!!

I am sad to say that I visited the site today and Jenni had to shut the website down due to FOX! They contacted her and basically told her to shut it down. I was really looking foward to seeing Roswell: The Next Generation. Hopefully, FOX listens to our pleas and let's Jenni continue her project.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Roswellthemovie.com

Post by valentinebaby »

Oh wow. Jerks.
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

They should not be allowed to continually do this to the fans. What the hell
is their point? We're FANS that are trying to resurrect a favorite show, since when is that
breaking the law? I'm surprised that FOX hasn't tried coming after this site too,
because apparently they'll go after anything that is remotely related to FOX, they did this
same thing with "Titanic" sites a few years ago. They're bound and determined to make sure
that there will be no fan-made fan-related anything if it's distributed by FOX, nevermind the fact
that everything that us fans do HELPS FOX. This is totally pathetic.

Thanks for letting use know about this though.
~bb
My fanart/cover art rules:
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

behrbabe wrote:They should not be allowed to continually do this to the fans. What the hell
is their point? We're FANS that are trying to resurrect a favorite show, since when is that
breaking the law? I'm surprised that FOX hasn't tried coming after this site too,
because apparently they'll go after anything that is remotely related to FOX, they did this
same thing with "Titanic" sites a few years ago. They're bound and determined to make sure
that there will be no fan-made fan-related anything if it's distributed by FOX, nevermind the fact
that everything that us fans do HELPS FOX. This is totally pathetic.

Thanks for letting use know about this though.
~bb
Yeah the thing is you wouldn't think they'd legally have a leg to stand on as long as there was a disclaimer on it. Maybe it's just a scare tactic.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I first saw this on twitter the other day. I am not happy about this at all.
- Amanda
DestinyDreamer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DestinyDreamer »

Im not happy about this either. Were not breaking any laws and were not harming anyone by doing this. Please come on people! We need to be heard! If they shut down one site whats going to stop them from shutting down all the other roswell sites including this one! I think fox is being ridiculous!
please also check me out at fanfiction.net I go by the name twilighteyes85 there!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~twilighteyes85
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I agree!!! I mean how come 90210 and Melrose Place get a second chance??? So NOT cool of FOX!!!!!!!
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

The fact that M.P got picked up gives me hope that one day Roswell will be too.
- Amanda
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

So does that mean it's still floating around somewhere out there? I would really like to know that.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You know to be honest I don't know if I would like to see Roswell done with different people. :|