How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by Heavenli24 »

killjoy wrote:Found out Emilie was going to be at an event in Chicago. Thought that after more than ten years I'm finally going to get my shot to meet her. I had it all set up for a meet and autograph not to mention a photo shot together. :mrgreen:

A month before the event I spent a thousand dollars...all non refundable on plane tickets,hotel room and tickets to the event. Only to have her drop out of the event four days before it takes place :twisted:

So now not only am I not going to get to meet her I'm out a thousand bucks and have to go to an event I really don't care about all the other folks who are going to be there :twisted: It's either that or just stay home and eat the thousand bucks as a total lost.

I'm still PISSED over this. :twisted:
Oh no, that totally sucks :(. Sorry to hear that.

You know what, I would go anyway and try to make the most of it. You might find that you find that you enjoy it more than you think you will, even though Emilie won't be there.

I started attending TV conventions a couple of years ago and I'm totally addicted to them now - the atmosphere at them has been so good that I've ended up loving even the guests that I didn't think I wanted to meet and the whole experience has been really great. I've now gotten into several TV shows that I never even considered watching before, but I became interested in them after meeting some of the actors from the shows.

If you'd asked me 3 years ago if I would ever attend a TV/comic convention, I would have laughed and said 'no way in Hell'... but I caved and attended one... and now I've been to six in the last 2 years. I'm going to another con in 3 weeks (Dallas), one in October (UK) and two next May (UK and Italy)!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You know I have every tv series she's(Emilie)been in, every movie she's been in except one (can't find it) a nice picture of her on my wall in my computer/media room and not to mention numerous magazines of her. When I found out she dropped out of the event costing me a thousand bucks I was so mad that I gathered all of that before mentioned stuff up in a big pile to throw away. It's all still in a pile I just haven't gotten myself up to do it yet :?
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

killjoy wrote:You know I have every tv series she's(Emilie)been in, every movie she's been in except one (can't find it) a nice picture of her on my wall in my computer/media room and not to mention numerous magazines of her. When I found out she dropped out of the event costing me a thousand bucks I was so mad that I gathered all of that before mentioned stuff up in a big pile to throw away. It's all still in a pile I just haven't gotten myself up to do it yet :?
Don't waste your money - seriously. A thousand dollars is a lot and since you've already paid for it all, I think you should still go anyway. It's frustrating and very disappointing, but there is so much more to enjoy at a convention than being able to meet just one particular actor - you never know, you might find you make new friends (I met my two best friends at my first convention and I've made several more friends through cons since then), and discover new actors that you didn't think you'd like.

I've been to 2 conventions where one of the main stars had to cancel last minute (the same actor both times) - he'd travelled all the way from LA to Europe just for the convention and he had to leave just hours before he was due on stage (the first time, a family member was in a serious car accident and the second time was due to personal issues and he had to fly home).

He also got injured in the middle of the one convention he did make it to, and had to cancel his afternoon panel minutes before it was due to start. We were all sitting there in the panel room waiting for him to walk out on stage and he just didn't appear. Each time he had to cancel, it was very disappointing, but his co-stars tried their best to make up for his absence and it was still an amazing weekend.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm still pissed over the fact Emilie bailed out of the event costing me a thousand bucks.

But one of the other things that had me depressed also was that I was going to Dragoncon in Atlanta in September(I go every year) . There was no one on the guest list I cared about. The ones I do I already met them.

But.......this morning. ......I wake up to find out that GRACE PARK.....will be there :!: Of all the autographs I don't have on my list she's number three......Emilie's number one of course.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Just realized yesterday was TEN years for me on this board.....still love this board and the many friends. ....Jan, Carrie, Stephanie. ..and many others I have met here.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

killjoy wrote:Just realized yesterday was TEN years for me on this board.....still love this board and the many friends. ....Jan, Carrie, Stephanie. ..and many others I have met here.

Wow! I never realized it!

I went to check on my account too and I have 14 years on the Roswell's on my back, without to forget the 3 years I was on but not involved because I started with internet and didn't have that much of experiences!

Where did the time go... :? :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I have a medical question here to anyone who knows anything about medical stuff. I pulled my lcl tendon while jogging. The docs gave me some pills to help with it. One says "my cause drowsiness" What it should have said is "must fight to stay conscious!"......it throws me for a serious loop. If I'm at home I sleep all day and if I'm at work I fight to stay conscious and it makes me feel like I'm drunk. But the worst is when I stop taking it I feel horrible for two to three days......tired, dizzy and bad headaches.

I've never had any medicine act like this on me before. ....and I've taken some serious pain meds before due to serious operations.
Any clue what's up with this mess?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

ROLL TIDE ROLL BABY :!:

2015 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS COLLEGE FOOTBALL :!:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Had to have another operation on my jaws Monday.....this makes number 5.....even though it's old hat for me now....it still hurts like hell having stitches all in your mouth. You don't want to eat much less move any facial muscles.

I feel like Mr Spock....no facial expressions showing.

At least I got me some groovy pain meds :mrgreen: ....still not as good as the morphine bottle was though :wink:
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Hope you are feeling better now KILLJOY........we'll send a little Tess your way to make you feel better.