How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by killjoy »

Okay I need a woman's input here.....to get into a woman's mind (Want my place to look romantic and nice for any chance a female comes over) :lol:

I do NOT have a green thumb.I kill every plant I buy or is giving to me :oops: Due to working LONG hours(12hrs) a day and the rest trying to catch up with sleep or cleaning I always forget things like....ohh water...and moving plants into the sun.So it's no shock for me to come home and find brown dead leaves all on the floor.

So now I was thinking of getting some flowers for the kitchen table.I have an old water pitcher that belonged to my great grandmother to use a vase.Now here the deal....due to my touch of death when it comes to flowers I was thinking of getting some fake ones.But I have to ask are fake/plastic flowers in the house tacky or cheesy?
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Oh, where do I even begin with what this day was like? I think it'd be best to separate it into the good--no, the fantastic--the bad, and the ugly.

The fantastic: This summer, I taught a class where students submitted pieces of writing to a national competition. I found out tonight that two of my fourteen students not only made the finals of the competition, but also placed at the bronze level. Considering this was the first class I'd ever taught, I'd call it a success! I'm so proud of them.

The bad: I was sick all day. I think I have swine flu for the second year in a row. I pretty much just laid in bed all day, suffering.

The UGLY: When I finally did drag my ass out of bed, it was to go to class. Well, on my way there, as I was stopped in a turn lane and about to turn onto campus . . . I get rear-ended! A professor slammed into me at about 35 miles per hour, in a construction zone. The entire back of my car is gone, the bumper region. Luckily, everyone was okay. My roommate was in the passenger's seat and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance because she had a little neck pain she was concerned about, but it's nothing major. The only thing that got any damage, really, was my lovely car. And the other driver's car, of course. Luckily he was a very nice man and immediately told the police it was his fault. He's going to have some hefty fines to pay, though, I think, since the accident happened in a construction zone. My car is still drive-able, too. I just hope they can repair it and get a bumper back on it soon.

Needless to say, I didn't end up making it to class.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

April wrote:Oh, where do I even begin with what this day was like? I think it'd be best to separate it into the good--no, the fantastic--the bad, and the ugly.

The fantastic: This summer, I taught a class where students submitted pieces of writing to a national competition. I found out tonight that two of my fourteen students not only made the finals of the competition, but also placed at the bronze level. Considering this was the first class I'd ever taught, I'd call it a success! I'm so proud of them.
That's always awesome, you made a difference in their little lives. You probably taught the next J.K Rowling...well...yeah...you could've. :lol:
April wrote:The bad: I was sick all day. I think I have swine flu for the second year in a row. I pretty much just laid in bed all day, suffering.
:( Orange juice.
April wrote:The UGLY: When I finally did drag my ass out of bed, it was to go to class. Well, on my way there, as I was stopped in a turn lane and about to turn onto campus . . . I get rear-ended! A professor slammed into me at about 35 miles per hour, in a construction zone. The entire back of my car is gone, the bumper region. Luckily, everyone was okay. My roommate was in the passenger's seat and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance because she had a little neck pain she was concerned about, but it's nothing major. The only thing that got any damage, really, was my lovely car. And the other driver's car, of course. Luckily he was a very nice man and immediately told the police it was his fault. He's going to have some hefty fines to pay, though, I think, since the accident happened in a construction zone. My car is still drive-able, too. I just hope they can repair it and get a bumper back on it soon.

Needless to say, I didn't end up making it to class.

Ahh that sucks and right when you reached campus and by a professor no less. Sorry for you car but at least you don't have to pay for the damages. Plus, glad you and your roommate are alright, 35 mph is pretty fast if you're going on slow and some comes smashing into you from behind.

And hopefully, the class you missed was one of those that you don't really miss anything by not being there. I hate the classes where if you miss just one class, you fall off track and have to struggle to get back on, but then again I hate the classes where the professor's only requirement is for you to show up on test day (no excuses), so then all semester you feel completely unmotivated to go to class when you know the professor wont care one way or another.

Which reminds me, last semester, I took was taking a Business Law class where we met twice a week. Yeah, I only showed up a total of five times that whole time. The first day, one day to turn in our semester project, and three "test" days. I did exceptionally well...but I think the professor hated me by the end of the semester because I studied on my own and still made a good grade. :lol: I still want to argue that she graded the problem section of my test harsher than the others, but I passed with an A minus, so I don't really care.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:Okay I need a woman's input here.....to get into a woman's mind (Want my place to look romantic and nice for any chance a female comes over) :lol:

I do NOT have a green thumb.I kill every plant I buy or is giving to me :oops: Due to working LONG hours(12hrs) a day and the rest trying to catch up with sleep or cleaning I always forget things like....ohh water...and moving plants into the sun.So it's no shock for me to come home and find brown dead leaves all on the floor.

So now I was thinking of getting some flowers for the kitchen table.I have an old water pitcher that belonged to my great grandmother to use a vase.Now here the deal....due to my touch of death when it comes to flowers I was thinking of getting some fake ones.But I have to ask are fake/plastic flowers in the house tacky or cheesy?
Sorry KJ I didn't see this yesterday or I would've answered. It depends on the quality of fake flowers you get. I go to Michael's and make my own arrangements because if I have a plant I'll forget to water it, and if someone buys me flowers, I normally wait until they're like deader than dead before throwing them out :(. Anyways if you go to Michael's or a flower shop you can find arrangements that actually look real and those are the type you want to go for, something that looks fake is going to be cheesy and possibly even look like you're trying to hard.

The other thing is as far as making a romantic environment goes, sometimes all you need is a nice candle as a center piece, which you can pick up from your local Walmart or Target for probably cheaper than you'd get the flowers for. Plus it creates some nice mood lighting.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

My day was amazing. After a two hours worth of bus rides, I ended up in Seattle at the Sold Out Everclear show where they were making they were recording their first DVD, met up with an old friend who I haven't been able to see in years, and got to meet Mr. Art Alexakis who autographed a T-shirt for me, had dinner at Dicks where I could feel the burger clogging my arteries, and then got a ride home in my friend's BMW. I'm wiped.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I had a great day too. I graduated last June but an unofficial graduation party was held for us today at a hotel and it was a lot of fun. It was great to see everyone again and feel like we've done something. 8)

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Exhausting...

But I got vacation days starting tomorrow. Happy days! :wink:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I just found out insurance is paying for $3,330 worth of repairs on my car! So I'm having a fantastic day. I was worried they'd total the thing.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Just got back from taking my three nephews...ages...eight,five and two...to Chuckie Cheese.So right now I'm fat with pizza,wore out from chasing them around and broke from buying tokens.Which is a freaking ripoff I tell you.....win two thousand tickets in the machines and you can get.....ohhh a small plastic spider ring :roll:
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

I've just started my new job this week and I feel like I'm back at university again, except it's more exhausting study-wise. I'm on a training course for the next few months, so it's basically 9am - 5pm lectures every day! I've only been in the job for 4 days and I'm now sitting at home at 9.40pm studying for the 2 exams we have tomorrow :P !!

This is going to be a long few months :roll: !