How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How was your day?

Post by killjoy »

I took my nephews out to go see the rodeo.On the way out we saw this married couple walking ahead of us.My oldest nephew is seven,he saw the couple and asked me "Have you ever been married?" when I told him no,he got this very serious look on his face and said "Why not? Have you not meet the right woman yet?"

The kid is freaking seven years old!! :shock: :shock:
kismet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kismet »

I'm waiting to see Men's cross-country skiing (50 km) today in the Olympics. Hope we get our first goldmedal today. Our best skier is participating today. :D

Thanks to Aprillynn
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I'm now the proud mother of two, one to an energetic, crazy, just about two year old boy, and the other to a nine year old lab gone wrong, aka corgi lab. I got to the animal shelter and the dog I've been looking at for nearly two weeks got adopted shortly before I got there, but we decided to have a look at em anyways and this dog was so funny looking we had to see him, and it didn't take us too long to realize that he was ours. So yay!!! I'm happy.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

valentinebaby wrote:I'm now the proud mother of two, one to an energetic, crazy, just about two year old boy, and the other to a nine year old lab gone wrong, aka corgi lab. I got to the animal shelter and the dog I've been looking at for nearly two weeks got adopted shortly before I got there, but we decided to have a look at em anyways and this dog was so funny looking we had to see him, and it didn't take us too long to realize that he was ours. So yay!!! I'm happy.
That is too awesome. I think everyone should adopt a pet rather than buy from the pet store. My boyfriend and I adopted our cat from the animal shelter and are very glad we did. Breaks my heart to see all those animals that are so friendly and don't have a home because people are snobby and want purebreds.

You rock!
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

RiceKrispy wrote: That is too awesome. I think everyone should adopt a pet rather than buy from the pet store. My boyfriend and I adopted our cat from the animal shelter and are very glad we did. Breaks my heart to see all those animals that are so friendly and don't have a home because people are snobby and want purebreds.

You rock!
It was so sad, I wanted to take all of them home. :( George was one of the lucky ones and was only there for a few days, which is surprising because of his age but he's such a good dog. And you rock too, shelter pets for the win!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. I went into the bathroom around noon yesterday and my co-worker was looking bad ... and in a lot of pain So, I took her the hospital and stayed with her for the rest of the day (we both didn't leave the E.R. until 9:30 pm!). It was an exhausting day ...

It's a good think she someone (namely, me) with her after she got the news that she has a probable ectopic pregnancy. No one should hear that kind of news alone. I hope for her sake, the doctors are wrong. She should know by tomorrow if it is the case or not. She wants the baby and if it is ectopic, she won't be able to carry it to term :(
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

So my brother calls me while I'm taking my dog for a walk, my brother never calls and when he does he's normally drunk and for once he sounded completely sober. So I'm like ummm okay. He asks if I've talked to my mom recently and I'm like she called yesterday but I wasn't home, and I asked him why and he tells me no reason. So out of curiosity I call my mom. Apparently the little punk called her last week and told her I was pregnant. I nearly died. I end up calling my dad a few minutes later and I'm like "I'm not pregnant!" And he sounded like he wanted to ask me if I was crazy. You'd think he'd at least pull the stunt on both parents so when I call and do damage control I don't look like a complete idiot. Anyways it was amusing, and I figured I'd share.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. Got the phone call from my co-worker. The pregnancy was ectopic and sadly no viable. They've checked her into the hospital for monitoring and administration of the medicine to terminate the pregnancy. I feel so bad, cuz she wanted this baby. I'll do something nice for her when she comes back to work.

Now as far as today? I'm sitting here, pissed off as hell because ABC cut their programming off of Cablevision. Bastards! I can't watch the Oscars now and I'm bored outta my mind!!! :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote:O.k. Got the phone call from my co-worker. The pregnancy was ectopic and sadly no viable. They've checked her into the hospital for monitoring and administration of the medicine to terminate the pregnancy. I feel so bad, cuz she wanted this baby. I'll do something nice for her when she comes back to work.

Now as far as today? I'm sitting here, pissed off as hell because ABC cut their programming off of Cablevision. Bastards! I can't watch the Oscars now and I'm bored outta my mind!!! :cry:
Oh that poor girl. I was so worried about that when I first found out I was pregnant. I hope she'll be okay.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay Ellie, I just looked this up for you.

http://oscar.go.com/

You can watch the Oscars live.

And you logged off so it doesn't matter.