People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Re: People who bug you

Post by Sundae »

I disagree that it's dumb to buy invisible art. You're paying for the vision - the artists vision. Sometimes the idea is too grand to paint. There are too many facets that it's impossible to capture it fully on canvas that the imagination is the best way.

In literal comparison, you can compare it to books. Words pain pictures for us. Whatever that author's vision is could be extremely inspiring to someone - and because it is not bound - your imagination can take you anywhere an infinite amount of times and in infinite amount of places. It's a matter of perspective. It grows with age, circumstance, and every other factor that its YOU. It's like reading a book when you were younger and loving it... but then reading the book again when you're older and finding something new that you didn't see before; in the same way, the invisible art can change on you day to day depending on your perspective.

Some have compared a few of the visions to "unsolved" mathematical equations and puzzles. How would you paint that? It's that baffling.

Invisible art has been around for quite some time and I don't think it's dumb to be inspired by a vision. Visions appeal to our sensory perception in probably the most direct ways since has it is not bound by solid form and is pure imagination/perception.

I think the question is more on the lines if the vision is worth that amount of money. I do agree that spending thousands to millions on a vision is risky, but then again... people are people and they'll do what they want. I wonder how copyrights effect invisible art.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Nope sorry I don't see it that way.

If someone wants to glue flowers to a toliet seat and call it art...fine...if someone wants to pay whatever for it to have said 'art'...fine also.God Bless capitalism I'm all for it. But at least you're buying some thing that is REAL! Not some fake stuff made up in someone's mind.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

People who are narrow-minded, pretentious, and/or know-it-alls. OMG ... really grating on my nerves!!!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I know I've posted this some where here before but I have to again,for it happened again today :roll:

People who let their kids scream,bang things and run around the table when they're out eating :roll: We were at the Mexican place in town today and someone let their bratty kids bang on the table and run around said table screaming and yelling while everyone was eating. :roll:

Geez when I was a kid if I didn't SIT right in the chair I got in trouble,if I put my elbows on the table...I got in trouble....if I did anything that kid did today my butt would have been dragged to the bathroom for a beating!
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

People who toy with other people's emotions in a romantic way.

Grrrr I love my brother. I hope he chokes on a grapefruit!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby wrote:People who toy with other people's emotions in a romantic way.

Was it just typical dumb clueless guy things? :lol: Or was it actual mean type deal that he did?
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:People who toy with other people's emotions in a romantic way.

Was it just typical dumb clueless guy things? :lol: Or was it actual mean type deal that he did?
Recently we became in contact with the people who are probably the closest we'll ever come to having a God family. The youngest daughter who's his age and a single mom starts talking to him and starts to develop some feelings that she feels are two sided, whether they were or weren't is still up for debate. Anyways she starts talking to me and it's obvious she's got a thing for him so I casual bring his girlfriend up in conversation thinking maybe she's just reading too much into things and doesn't know. Come to find out they've been having a phone relationship that's gotten intense enough that she's thinking about leaving her boyfriend and taking her daughter and moving to be with my brother. She'd even asked him if he had a girlfriend and of course she lied.

You know if he wants to be a player, fine, whatever, I won't even say anything out of family loyalty despite that I disagree, but why screw around like that with someone knowing that at any second your mom or your sisters could say one thing and you're caught? I don't get it. And of course now I'm torn between saying something to his actual girlfriend who I was really hoping would be my sister in law someday soon.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

People who mistreat animals. :x

I read a story today of kittens who were wrapped in a plastic bag, dumped on the highway and run over. Only two of them made it because of wonderful labrador retriever, who took the bag back to his owners house and whined outside until his owners came out. The kittens were brought to an animal sanctuary and are now doing better, but I hate that they had to go through that in the first place. It makes me sick that people could have so little compassion for animals. :(
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
Mistress9
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mistress9 »

Cocogurl wrote:People who mistreat animals. :x
they bugs me too. when I watch shows like PSPCA on Animal Planet I'm always near tears. and not just shows unfortunately....

who bugs me?? people who always try to control me and stick their nose where it doesn't belong :roll: and people who are fake or just plain stupid. yeah, they're annoy me to no end :?
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Well, I don't know who this person is, but it's whoever lives in the apartment above me that bugs me SO MUCH right now. :x Seriously, it is necessary to thump around at every hour during the day? Walk lightly for once! This had better not continue during the school year, because I can't handle that. Last night, the person was thumping around at 4:00 a.m. And then at 6:00, I heard a sort of vibrating/ringing sound, as if someone's alarm clock was going off. And this sound persisted for TWENTY MINUTES before it was shut off! :twisted:

Thumper better quit thumping, because it's getting freaking old.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.