People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: People who bug you

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. Bugging me right now ... NY State Tax Department. Let me explain -

Evidently, somehow ... I didn't file my 2003 state taxes. So, I owed about $900 in taxes, late fees and interest. I've been paying it off since I found out about last year. So, with this year's taxes ... I expected that part of my federal tax would be taken to pay off the balance and it was. Great! No more money owed right? Wrong! See, I still had $113 from NY State coming my way. However, I got two (2) notices in the mail yesterday that said A) the $113 from NYS was going to be taken to pay off my tax balance and B) I still owed $199.72 in taxes. WTF?! I was just deducted $334.72 from my federal tax refund? I don't owe you shit!

So I called NYS tax division and was told ... yes, they received my federal refund and I'm owed money back - $112.89 . Great right? Wrong! As I will not be seeing that money for another 30 - 60 days as it takes time to process the refund in the form of a check! Asses!

I want my money!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

People who stand in front of you in line at the fast food place...the ones when the person ask them what they want they always go "Uhhhh....I'll have....uhhhh...let me see....uhh" :roll: Damn it if you don't know what you want by now than get out of line and let us who do order! :roll: Why is it every time I'm in a hurry these people are always in front of me?!
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

killjoy wrote:People who stand in front of you in line at the fast food place...the ones when the person ask them what they want they always go "Uhhhh....I'll have....uhhhh...let me see....uhh" :roll: Damn it if you don't know what you want by now than get out of line and let us who do order! :roll: Why is it every time I'm in a hurry these people are always in front of me?!
Not just at the fast food place but also at Starbuck's. Sometimes i leave without ordering. :twisted:

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

killjoy wrote:People who stand in front of you in line at the fast food place...the ones when the person ask them what they want they always go "Uhhhh....I'll have....uhhhh...let me see....uhh" :roll: Damn it if you don't know what you want by now than get out of line and let us who do order! :roll: Why is it every time I'm in a hurry these people are always in front of me?!
Oh I hate that. Ugh, if they don't know what they want yet then stand off to the side to look at the menu don't figure it out while there are people behind you who know what they want.

People who are a-holes when they drink alcohol. Thankfully I haven't encountered many of these people in my life but unfortunately I live with one. Now I'm a fun drunk (as is my Mom), on the rare occasions I drink and get drunk I'm happy, I'm easy going, I'm laughing, and I could be hit with a board and still smile/laugh. On the flip side of that, my Dad is a major a-hole when he drinks, he's irritated, he's snippy, he slams things, he gets huffy over little things, he doesn't remember what we told him two minutes previously/he becomes deaf, he loses control of his manners (this one is usually when we're in a restaurant), and anything can become an argument. Those kind of people bug me and I go out of my way to try and avoid people like that. If that is how someone is when they drink they should never drink or at the very least drink when they're alone so they're not inflicting their drunken bad mood on other people.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Professors who think lecturing every single class is an effective teaching style. They bother me.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:Professors who think lecturing every single class is an effective teaching style. They bother me.
:lol: Makes me miss my high school English teacher. He never made us take notes, we just had really "interesting" discussions :D
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

SidneyAce wrote:
Celebrities who adopt kids from specific countries like Korea or China. I think it's sick that they choose a kid by a nationality.
A lot of people, not just celebrities, go down the route of foreign adoptions in which case, they have to pick a nationality. They can't visit every orphaned and needy child in the world and they need to pick a country as a starting point to search for a child, sometimes it may be a random choice and sometimes they may have personal reasons for chosing that particular country. China is particularly popular because so many infant girls are abandoned in orphanages by parents who want a son. Vietnam and Korea are popular with Americans because of their recent shared history while many Europeans look to the former Russian states such as Belarus and Romania.

I hate the celebrities who talk about wanting to adopt a child when clearly they're just saying it for the attention and publicity.
Banner by Evelyn
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Greedy jerks who are "rehoming" their adult dogs for over $500, who aren't fixed and aren't microchipped.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Those cable people who call you and tell you "Hello Mr/Mrs Smith....we have this great deal for you! You get all five Zillion movie channels for only twenty more bucks a month added to your bill! Isn't that a great deal?!"

But what they fail to tell you is that deal only last for two/three months.And unless you cancel all those channels your next bill will be a hundred to a hundred and fifty dollars more!

And if you know this and tell them no they get all shocked you don't want such a great deal so they keep pestering you over it.....what you don't know is that each one of those operators get a bump in their pay for each person they sign up for each 'new' deal.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

[quote="killjoy"]Those cable people who call you and tell you "Hello Mr/Mrs Smith....we have this great deal for you! You get all five Zillion movie channels for only twenty more bucks a month added to your bill! Isn't that a great deal?!"/quote]

This is why I'm on the do not call list. I did it shortly after my son was born cause I was getting sick of people calling me while I was trying to sleep. It's free and it takes about five minutes and they can take their great deals and shove them up their arse!

Okay okay in their defense I must admit that I have worked telemarketing the reason their so aggressive is not only the pay bonus' but their boss in their ear telling them they're going to get fired if they don't make a sale.