The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by valentinebaby »

So I did my grocery shopping online yesterday bought everything for a fabulous Christmas meal and I bought a ham deciding I'd make it in the crockpot so that I can enjoy the smells all day Christmas until dinners done. So I buy a small 3 lb that doesn't say boneless assuming that it's got a bone, it gets here this morning and what do you know? Boneless! Now I'm going to have to buy a whole new ham and figure out what to do with the one that's now sitting in my freezer.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:So I did my grocery shopping online yesterday bought everything for a fabulous Christmas meal and I bought a ham deciding I'd make it in the crockpot so that I can enjoy the smells all day Christmas until dinners done. So I buy a small 3 lb that doesn't say boneless assuming that it's got a bone, it gets here this morning and what do you know? Boneless! Now I'm going to have to buy a whole new ham and figure out what to do with the one that's now sitting in my freezer.
What's wrong with a boneless ham?
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

All the recipes I can find for doing it in the crock pot call for bone in. I talked to my mom and she told me it doesn't matter but I'm still worried I'm going to burn it or over cook or something without the right recipe...I don't know...I may just go ahead and try it.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

I didn't know you could buy ham on the bone.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Yeah it's suppose to be more flavorful.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm going to end up that grouchy old man on the block who has never married,plays all the out of date music and hangs out the window yelling things like "Hey! You dern kids stay the hell off my lawn!!" :roll:

I swear there are no...not one....single unattached female around here to date.I have gone every where in between here and Mars.Every female I see/meet has either a ring on her left hand or a boyfriend. I know those of you who live in the 'big' city can't understand this.You have so many people living there.But here in small town USofA it's a freaking nightmare to try and date!

Just for an example to prove it....Although I don't live there now...I'm in a slightly bigger town now...but the town I grew up in my whole life.....had a population of 344 people!
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:I'm going to end up that grouchy old man on the block who has never married,plays all the out of date music and hangs out the window yelling things like "Hey! You dern kids stay the hell off my lawn!!" :roll:

I swear there are no...not one....single unattached female around here to date.I have gone every where in between here and Mars.Every female I see/meet has either a ring on her left hand or a boyfriend. I know those of you who live in the 'big' city can't understand this.You have so many people living there.But here in small town USofA it's a freaking nightmare to try and date!

Just for an example to prove it....Although I don't live there now...I'm in a slightly bigger town now...but the town I grew up in my whole life.....had a population of 344 people!
I think those of us in bigger cities can understand it to a certain extent. Just because there's a ton of people doesn't mean it's the right person. But you know I wouldn't give up hope yet. Mrs. KJ might just not be there yet.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Killjoy: hang in there!

Here is my complaint:
I hate it when strangers share the really private details of their personal life with you without knowing much about you. It just puts you in an awkward situation because you want to show sympathy and understanding but at the same time you know you shouldn't be part of that conversation and you shouldn't get involved. I find myself in these kinds of situations a lot lately, ever since i got this job and it's so uncomfortable.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Why did Oprah have to buy out Discovery Health and make it her OWN network?

I hate it. Discovery Health used be one of my favorite channels and now all the great medical shows have now been switched out with pansy cooking, backstage Oprah, healthy living shiz I do not find interesting at all.

TV sucks.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

A really good friend of mine that I graduated high school with is a GRANDPAW now!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy freaking crap!!!

Okay true the woman he married had already had two daughters from a first marraige so they're not his and the woman is a tad bit older than him....but still!

He's a grandfather..someone I graduated with is a grandfather....WOW!! :shock: :cry: