The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by valentinebaby »

My head is freaking pounding. It hurts.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

For those who don't know I live in north Alabama. We made it through all the storms but a friend of mine was killed. I still have no power and am using my phone for this.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

killjoy wrote:For those who don't know I live in north Alabama. We made it through all the storms but a friend of mine was killed. I still have no power and am using my phone for this.
That's horrible! It's always a shock and terrible day when someone you know passes on; most especially when they're still young. Not that someone who passes on at ninety is any easier but in some ways it's a bit more accepted.

I hope that you have power again soon. Stay safe!
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:For those who don't know I live in north Alabama. We made it through all the storms but a friend of mine was killed. I still have no power and am using my phone for this.
I heard about that. Glad to know you're safe. Sorry for your loss...that stories on the news are heartbreaking.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

So sorry to hear about your friend Rodney. I'm praying for you and his family. Stay safe. *hugs*
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Post by candysteffi »

Hey Rodney, I am so glad to hear from you. I saw the terrible pics on TV and since I knew you live there, I was worried. I was PMing you several times on MSN but I already figrued you wouldn't have the chance to check in there.

So sorry for your loss!!

Hope to hear from you soon!

*hugs*

Steffi
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

no power yet.....day three on that. I've been frying hotdogs and fish over an outdoor gas grill and heating water over a campfire for other things. Multi tornados hit our hydro eletric plant and our nuclear reactor. It snapped all the metal poles that shipped out the power. One tornado hit our national weather radar tower and ripped the whole radar off the tower. So even if you had power no one could see the storm on tv or radio. Just now been able to get some gas for my car...i was below empty. Still using my phone for all of this. Thanks for all the good wishes.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Post by candysteffi »

I hope you get the power back soon, Rod. And I hope you and your family are all ok and your home still exists. *hugs*
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Don't ask me to explain this for I can't .My parents who live waaaaaaaaay out in the country finally have power....but me who lives in the second largest city in North Alabama still has not :roll: :lol: I've gone over there to get me some warm showers,some food cooked inside,sleep in a bedroom that's not 90F and not to mention get my Roswell fix on :wink:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

If anyone wants to see.....this is the tornado that killed my friend.Watch the whole thing it's far away at first but it comes right at the guy with the camera and gets VERY close to him.You can see it hit the mall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWYBUNEd ... re=related