The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by valentinebaby »

Here's the 411 to the best of my knowledge. Hawaii got hit but it barely made it over the wall so luckily they suffered minimum damage. Phillipenes they didn't say much about yet but I can only hope they got as lucky as Hawaii. At 2am this morning Portland, Oregon was given the warning to evacuate then apparently it was retracted because my brother is still safely snug. The sunami warning is still in alert in Washington although they don't expect that much damage. Port Orchard, Wa which is over by Tacoma about 40 minutes northwest of Seattle got 4 foot waves, but again minimum damage. There's one city in Oregon, Crescent City or something like that, that is going to be impacted majorly and is currently evacuated, or on evacuation alert. I've yet to get a hold of my friends in San Fran but that is suppose to be the worst of it.

Japan however was not so lucky. They got 30 foot waves, after they past the body count was 200-300 but they still don't have an accurate toll, at current the death count is estimated at 200-300 people from the earthquake but unfortunately it inaccurate as they have yet to get to all the places they need to check out. A cruise ship and passenger train are currently missing, so keep your fingers crossed that they're found safely.

All and all, it a very sad day for the world, thank god it's not worse.

In high school the Seattle area was hit with a 6.4 I believe although it might have been worse. Luckily the earthquake happened so far under ground that we suffered minimal damage and one casualty of a man who's cause of death was believed to be a heart attack rather than the earthquake itself. It lasted less than a minute, but it was enough to scare me for the rest of my life. I can not begin to imagine an 8.9 lasting for a grand total of 3 minutes. And my heart goes out to those who had to experience that and have lost love ones do to it.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

A cruise ship and train? :shock:

OMG ... horrible, horrible events taking place today. Makes me remember the Indian Ocean tsunami of 2005 in which nearly 250,000 people lost their lives. :cry:

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with everyone on the Pacific Coast, as well as in Japan. :(
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay apparently California will be fine, they're expecting one foot waves, the main concern is that one city in Oregon.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay this is just depressing sooo I'm deleting it sorry.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:Okay this is just depressing sooo I'm deleting it sorry.
I hope you are o.k. Ang. *hugs you*

My issue today is my parent who birthed me a.k.a. The person who considers herself to be my mother. :roll:

Freaking annoying me at work is not going to get me to talk to her nor is thinking that the reason for my distance has anything to due with money. And leaving a nasty PM message in my acct. on FaceBook is the last straw. I'm going to write her back and then I'm deactivating my account.

I'm just so ... thru! :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote: I hope you are o.k. Ang. *hugs you*
I'm fine...physically anyways...just really freaked out over the Japan nuclear situation, they're saying if it goes critical it's going to be worse than Chernobyl, possibly causing a nuclear belt...just freaked..

Sorry about your mom. Maybe you should just block her on facebook that might do the trick..
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

The sun's shining, it's warm outside, the sky is blue. And I'm stuck inside the office, looking out the window. I hate that.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

nibbles2 wrote:The sun's shining, it's warm outside, the sky is blue. And I'm stuck inside the office, looking out the window. I hate that.
Makes me glad there are no windows at my job.I don't get to see outside for 12hrs.So it could come a freaking blizzard and I'd never know it :roll:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Threw out my back picking up my son this afternoon. I've finally found a position that doesn't make me burst into tears but owie it hurts.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I freaking :twisted: HATE :twisted: when people who write,star or whatever in a tv show has to interject politics into the show....I'm not talking about a plot line or some thing like that.What I'm talking about is an insult or a line to insult someone from one party or a way to show favorites to another party. :roll: