The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by Earth2Mama »

I'm ALIVE!

And HOME! Just a couple of trees down or up rooted here and there. No major flooding in my neighborhood. Traffic was scarce, so we got home fast.

I'm just grateful to be in MY home, in MY bed. Now, I'm about to take a hot SHOWER.

Woo hoo! :lol:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

trulov ! Ellie!

So happy to hear that you are ok!

We are fine, didnt even lose power, although everyone we know is without power & has some level of water damage. We just happen to be high on a mountain.

Whew! Glad that's over!

:wink:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

God I'm feeling freaking old :shock:

It was just pointed out to me that a child that was born the year I graduated high school....is NOW the same age I was when I went into the Air Force!!!!

Crap where did the years go?!!
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

The more I read about this Penn State disgrace the sicker I become.

What has the world come to?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Had to call in sick to work tonight.

It hit me last night at work right before I went home.....bad chills/unable to get warm,fever,head ache,every muscle in my body feels like it's in a tight knot and so weak I feel like I can't even lift up my arms.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

This is really stupid.

While I reluctantly accept that there are some people so bigoted as to protest a positive portrayal of a much maligned ethnic group on TV because a tiny, tiny minority of that group have engaged in terrorist acts, I can't understand how a big corporation would bow to the wishes of the nutjobs. Why do people give these hate groups so much airtime and publicity or allow them to claim even the smallest of victories? It's sickening. Would they have given in if the group had been protesting the positive portrayal of Irish Americans because a tiny minority of them supported and funded republican terrorist groups?
secretk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by secretk »

nibbles2 I totally agree with you. I personally hate when people use stereotypes and judge people because of their appereance, race, believes, sexual preferences and so on. Why can't we accept that we're all some kind of individual and different?

I know that there are people who allow their believes to dictate their lives. I also know how sensitive the Americans are because of 11th September(no offense). And it's normal to be pissed to the people who did this, but that doesn't mean that all people who have those believes are terrorists. This is just low and redicilous.

Sometimes I wonder why some people have this brilliant idea to put everything in some box, to specify every individual they see, to classify them in groups and judge them. Seriously, it's sickening. Why can't we tolerate and respect the humans around us and don't judge them before getting the chance to know them? Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about this, because see about more than 20 years ago some man from my country was convicted for attempt to kill the pope in Vatican. I'm not saying if he did or not, because I don't know him and I wasn't even borned then, so I have no idea what exactly happened. However believe me most people think that we all in our country are killers. Yeah, why not. We do have killers here, but aren't there killers in every country?

I know that this is got of the scope of this article, but I think that the problem is that some people don't accept the different ones. It's totally normal to not understand someone's way of living, believes or preferences, but we still have to respect each other. I think that everyone deserves to be well treated unless of course they mistreat other people.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I agree with the last two posts. It's scary how the world is so filled with hatred and ignorance.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I do have to say a lot of the bad press Islam gets it brings on itself. Without 9/11 I doubt anyone in the US would have been all that upset for a tv show about those families...ohh sure you'd get a few here and there upset..but that goes with most shows of anytype.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Killjoy: what we're saying is that you can't condemn a whole religion or nation just because a small group of them did something wrong. Generalization is not a good thing. People are capable of good and bad and in every country you find good and bad people.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz