The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by NotYourChick »

I had plans this weekend. Now a storm is coming. I hate storms.
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well this sucks.....had another family member die today....that makes THREE this year :roll:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Sorry Killjoy. *hug*
- Amanda
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Mosquitos suck.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby wrote:Mosquitos suck.
Well yes they do........ohhhh you meant you don't like them! :lol:
kismet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kismet »

I don't like this hot weather any more. Estonia was not suposed to be tropical destination.

Thanks to Aprillynn
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

If I ever get married I'm going to elope. I now know what they mean when they say 'a wedding test a family'.
- Amanda
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

well I thought what I'm about to say really wasn't all that important until I realized it's kind of a theme in my life.

So my washing machine broke, so I had to bring my clothes to the laundry mat, not a huge deal but not the funnest place to be. Anyway ... Me and my daughter were sitting by the door waiting for the clothes to finish when I spotted this lady taking her clothes out of the dryer. When she was finished she had a huge laundry basket and a big down comforter folded on top. Needless to say she looked like she needed help.

She looked up at the door and sighed so I got up before she got there and held the door open for her, she literally walked right out and kept going! :shock: no thank you ....no "nothing" actually :roll: being the layed back people we are my daughter and I burst out in hysterical laughter.. you just kind of had to be there. The door opened out so I was standing outside the place watching her walk to her car without a word. :lol:

So as the day went on I decided to take my daughter to get new school clothes... So we're standing in the "kids" section of the store and there are two dressing rooms, we just figured there were kids trying on clothes in each one. OH I should mention that my daughter is going to have surgery on her ankle next month and is on crutches with a large obvious brace on her leg.

So we are waiting and waiting ...finally the "kids' we were waiting for come out with their clothes , turns out they're at least thirty five years old and are trying on clothes for a night out with their friends. :?

They see us waiting and are well aware of the crutches and continue on with this long conversation about what looks "sexy'" and would attract "Bill" the most ...I know this because this went on in front of my 10 year old for about 10 mins.

ok I am a very shy person who HATES to argue but I was getting seriously pissed ...

I said in a very nice tone... "i'm sorry I'm just wondering if you're almost done, it's very hard for my daughter to stand with her crutches,"

very casually she says "Oh we're almost done, we had to come here the line for the dressing room for adults were a mile long." :shock: OK now I'm furious :x ... she didn't 'feel' like standing in line her and her friends decide to go in the kids dressing room and I guess who gives a shit about the kids who are actually supposed to be there ... not to mention my kid with the hurting ankle!

it's not just little stuff like that I"ve noticed that people say and do things that I would never do because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

So my question is, do people just expect you to be all tough and rude?

Am I just a dork for thinking we should all look out for one another and be nice?

Probably... :wink: :lol: oh well :lol:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

You aren't a dork, and it's not unreasonable to expect people to be polite, especially when there's kids involved. Some people are just rude and will never change.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I've just been accused of being "immature" by my mother, because I left with my brother after he moved out of her apartment after a disagreement.

Oh, yeah ... evidently, I'm "immature" because I don't have children so I don't 'know' what it's like ...

Yeah. O.k. I'm 35, single, childless, pay my own rent, don't ask anyone for favors or money. Don't mooch off of people, go out of my way to help people out, I don't agree with her religious beliefs ... yet I'M THE ONE THAT'S IMMATURE?

Whatever :roll: I'm done!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother