Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by RiceKrispy »

I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but it just doesn't stop: I hate when people talk about eating my rabbits. Or harming them in any way, now that I think of it.

Every time someone new finds out about the bunnies, they always say something asinine like "You should fatten them up and eat them." Uh... no thanks, but I'll go over to your place and eat your cat for you. Next time someone tells me I should just eat/kill them, I'm gonna stomp all over their face.

I also hate it when my mom/grandma tells me that I'm majoring in something useless and imply that I'm not going anywhere with my life. Thanks for the support, family.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

I hate Big Brother to bits. Boring Reality TV show. :|
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Hunter wrote:I hate Big Brother to bits. Boring Reality TV show. :|
I hate that I don't hate it. I wish I did. :lol:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

April wrote:
Hunter wrote:I hate Big Brother to bits. Boring Reality TV show. :|
I hate that I don't hate it. I wish I did. :lol:
Is the American version still running? I know they've just cancelled the UK one due to falling ratings (and the fact that it's crap) :P... nobody has been talking about it in the canteen at work this year, whereas in the past, BB has been the main topic of conversation for the entire summer!
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

They've cancelled the Australian version, thankfully. There was some controversy surrounding it a couple of years back because one of the contestants turkey slapped another. Not even joking. :lol: So yeah, that didn't help BB's struggle to stay alive.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

BB is still on here in the States. Mack LOVES it. Actually I guess technically you would say she "Loves to hate it." I think it ends some time next week. I for one can't wait. I'm sick of hearing her talk about it and three times a week is way too much for one show to come on.

PS: What the f**k is a turkey slap?

~Chad~
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

All this talk about BB makes me glad that all I watch is NCIS and the HIstory Channel :lol:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Big Brother has its good moments. This season has just been okay. Last season was really good because a really strategic guy (who also is a really nice guy) won. The season before that was just absolutely appalling. The contestants were so bottom-of-the-barrel. All they did was fight and have sex with each other. Although those are two things that occur in pretty much every season.

Sometimes I think I should go on that show because I really think I'd win. :lol:

-April
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

RosDude wrote:PS: What the f**k is a turkey slap?
A couple of guys thought it would be a good idea to 'slap' a girl's face with their penises. They got booted off the show and as Rowedog said, it created an almighty shitstorm in the Australian media.

I used to watch BB but it doesn't compare to the hilarity of ANTM or the fun of Survivor.
it's better to rise than fade away.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

girl afraid wrote:
RosDude wrote:PS: What the f**k is a turkey slap?
A couple of guys thought it would be a good idea to 'slap' a girl's face with their penises. They got booted off the show and as Rowedog said, it created an almighty shitstorm in the Australian media.
Oh my god, that's such a violation. That's disgusting.

My personal favorite reality show is So You Think You Can Dance! Survivor is really hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes I feel like it has a great season, and then it has a horrible season. I hope this upcoming season's good. Then there's The Amazing Race, which is, like, consistently entertaining.