Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Kitten88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Kitten88 »

RiceKrispy wrote: I hate it when people complain about their lives but don't bother doing anything to try and change them. I've got this friend. He has no job, no girlfriend, he doesn't go to school, he didn't graduate from high school, he doesn't know how to drive, and he still lives with his parents and probably will until he's 35. He's always telling me about how he wants to find a girlfriend and get a job, but he's not really very proactive about it. I actually managed to set him up with a friend of mine once and they got along great, but the fact that he wasn't going to school and didn't have a job took a toll on their relationship. Her only demand was that he get his foot in the door by maybe take a class or two at a community college, but he never did so they broke up.

The sad part is, I talked to her recently, and she said that she told him that she was willing to take him back if he could show her that he was trying to turn his life around.

That was a few months ago, and he's still not interested in finding a job.

...but he does still complain about being alone and broke. Whoopee.

I know exactly what you mean! The kind of people who think they can have anything they want without having to work for it! Do they honestly think that hapiness etc will just fall into their laps? :shock:

I do not like people who are not motivated to do... Well... ANYTHING in or with their lives.
I want more in my life than just enough... I don't want to settle for less than what I'm dreaming about (realistic dreams) and it's hard for me to understand that there are people willing to do just that. Because in the end, the harder you work for it, the more you'll enjoy everything you've achieved afterwards!
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Kitten88 wrote:
RiceKrispy wrote: I hate it when people complain about their lives but don't bother doing anything to try and change them. I've got this friend. He has no job, no girlfriend, he doesn't go to school, he didn't graduate from high school, he doesn't know how to drive, and he still lives with his parents and probably will until he's 35. He's always telling me about how he wants to find a girlfriend and get a job, but he's not really very proactive about it. I actually managed to set him up with a friend of mine once and they got along great, but the fact that he wasn't going to school and didn't have a job took a toll on their relationship. Her only demand was that he get his foot in the door by maybe take a class or two at a community college, but he never did so they broke up.

The sad part is, I talked to her recently, and she said that she told him that she was willing to take him back if he could show her that he was trying to turn his life around.

That was a few months ago, and he's still not interested in finding a job.

...but he does still complain about being alone and broke. Whoopee.

I know exactly what you mean! The kind of people who think they can have anything they want without having to work for it! Do they honestly think that hapiness etc will just fall into their laps? :shock:

I do not like people who are not motivated to do... Well... ANYTHING in or with their lives.
I want more in my life than just enough... I don't want to settle for less than what I'm dreaming about (realistic dreams) and it's hard for me to understand that there are people willing to do just that. Because in the end, the harder you work for it, the more you'll enjoy everything you've achieved afterwards!
AMEN!

Ashley
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

This is a weight chart pet peeve. I hate those charts that take your height and weight to determine if you're overweight. Now unfortunately it doesn't take into account whether or not a persons bones are small, medium, or large. Recently my doctor showed me a chart, I'm 5'1 and about 165 lbs. According to the chart that's overweight and I should be down somewhere in the 120-135 lbs range. There's a problem with that though, if I went down that far I'd look like I hadn't eaten in years and was on death's door. My bones are slightly larger than normal and to look healthy I need to weigh at least around 150 lbs, I don't see the problem but apparently my doctor does because he suggested some "helpful" weightloss tips. :roll:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

When you are at the movies and you see this trailer for some movie and it looks cool.Only to later go see that movie to find all those cool scenes you saw in the trailer were cut out of the movie.And you only know this because you go buy the dvd and find all of them in the deleted scene extras in the menu :roll:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:This is a weight chart pet peeve. I hate those charts that take your height and weight to determine if you're overweight. Now unfortunately it doesn't take into account whether or not a persons bones are small, medium, or large. Recently my doctor showed me a chart, I'm 5'1 and about 165 lbs. According to the chart that's overweight and I should be down somewhere in the 120-135 lbs range. There's a problem with that though, if I went down that far I'd look like I hadn't eaten in years and was on death's door. My bones are slightly larger than normal and to look healthy I need to weigh at least around 150 lbs, I don't see the problem but apparently my doctor does because he suggested some "helpful" weightloss tips. :roll:
Oh my goodness, this is such a pet-peeve of mine, too! I'm not a big-boned person myself, but I have curves. (Think J-Lo's butt. That kind of thing adds a lot of weight! :lol:). I'm about 5"2' weighing anywhere from 135-140 pounds, and some of those charts classify me as overweight, too. It's ridiculous! And those kind of charts don't really take into account where the weight is, either. Like I said, I have a lot of weight in the butt area. My friend, on the other hand, has a lot of weight in the chest area. It's really only unhealthy if it's around the midsection.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

My #1 pet peeve ever: money.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Being sick :twisted:

My family passed the stomach virus around this weekend and now I'm the last to get it :twisted: And because it hit the night before I'm supposed to go into work I had to burn a sick day today :roll:
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

cliques - groups of people who only hang out with each other and don't try to interact with others.
POM

Post by POM »

killjoy wrote:When you are at the movies and you see this trailer for some movie and it looks cool.Only to later go see that movie to find all those cool scenes you saw in the trailer were cut out of the movie.And you only know this because you go buy the dvd and find all of them in the deleted scene extras in the menu :roll:
killjoy, I hate that too--but I always end up buying the movies anyway. :lol:

~POM~
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

POM wrote:
killjoy wrote:When you are at the movies and you see this trailer for some movie and it looks cool.Only to later go see that movie to find all those cool scenes you saw in the trailer were cut out of the movie.And you only know this because you go buy the dvd and find all of them in the deleted scene extras in the menu :roll:
killjoy, I hate that too--but I always end up buying the movies anyway. :lol:

~POM~
Yeah I third that! I swear they cut some scenes out of Twilight! :shock: I was so disspointed to see that a certain scene was missing.