Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by nibbles2 »

I don't like sycophants. And I don't like people who gush about how amazing/wonderful/great/awesome somebody is over and over again. Especially when it's done in public. Ick. And I hate being called honey and sweetie and babe. I have a name, it's not any of those.

It's all comes across as being so fake and cloying.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

People who tell you that they hate drama. Yet they tell everyone what you did wrong. I know this person who tells me all the time that she hates drama. She will text message everyone she knows whatever I did wrong. Yet she hates drama. : rolls eyes :

I hold the door for everyone. Lest say thank you. I do that all the time. No matter what I'll say thank you and one of the shy people you will meet.

People who like to cause others pain. Like they try their hardest to make sure you are hurt. That really bugs me.
- Amanda
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

People who think they are better at something than they really are. Especially if it's a friend. You don't want to be rude and tell them they suck at something that they think they're good at, but on the other hand, if you encourage them, they'll just keep doing it, believing that they are awesome at it.

Example: I have a friend that thinks she can really blow. I mean the girl wants to sing at every event, and at every chance she gets. The truth is, she can't sing worth shit. But if I tell her that it will hurt her feelings. And if I don’t tell her...well she'll keep torturing me with her awful singing. :?

~Chad~
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

RosDude wrote:Example: I have a friend that thinks she can really blow. I mean the girl wants to sing at every event, and at every chance she gets. The truth is, she can't sing worth shit. But if I tell her that it will hurt her feelings. And if I don’t tell her...well she'll keep torturing me with her awful singing. :?

~Chad~
I KNOW what you're talking about. :lol: We have a lady at our church who thinks she can sing but can't.Now don't get me wrong it's all fine and good if you're full of spirt and want to sing along and praise the Lord.....that's all fine and good.But this lady thinks she can carry a tune and always wants to get up and do solo's in front of everyone in church.None of us have the heart to tell her "....hon look you just can't carry a tune and might want to give it up." :oops:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Kitten88 wrote:I hate being judged about the fact that I'm a blonde and like to pay attention to the way I look. I like wearing high heels and skirts and putting on make up. Not to draw attention to myself, but because I feel good about myself while wearing them. At the end of last year someone told me that I actually am less superficial than I look. I was hurt by that comment because I considered that person to be a good friend.

Then there's also the fact that I'm in a sorority. And it's not because I'm in a sorority, because I like to party and go out on a regular basis that I'm a drunk or don't go to class. It doesn't mean that I don't study and don't work hard for my grades just like anybody else!
I get where you're coming from there. It's like any girl that likes to look decent is superficial and that's not true. There are plenty of women who like to look beautiful, but aren't shallow or vain or anything. I am also a girl who likes to look nice too, and I don't do it for anyone else. It just makes me feel good looking nice.

Another pet peeve I have is when people treat their animals like their personal barbie dolls and dress in everything under the sun. I don't know why, but that drives me nuts. If a dog is cold, I completely understand putting a little sweater on him or something, but apart from that, I don't care for it. I feel like if God thought dogs were meant to wear clothes, he wouldn't have given them fur.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

I hate being judged about what I'm eating.

One of my roommates is kind of a health nut and she's a really nice girl and all, but it makes me feel really awkward eating around her because she always has this look on her face that clearly says "Ew, how can she eat that thing that has so many calories?" Sorry if I'd rather have a cheeseburger than eat some tasteless salad. (I really only like one type of dressing and it's from a restaurant so that's the only place I'll eat salad.)

And one of my other roommates has attempted to give me mini lectures about how everyone should eat better. And she goes out to eat at restaurants every single night. At least I'm saving money by eating hot pockets.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

One thing that really bugs me is when I'm listening to my ipod and my headphones are on my head/over my ears and people try to talk to me. There is a reason why I'm listening to music/podcasts it's because I want to ignore the real world for an hour or whatever.

Unfortunately Mom is really guilty of trying to talk to me when I'm listening to my ipod. Everytime I'm in the living room listening to music/podcasts she starts talking to me or making comments that she wants me to comment on. And I don't listen to my ipod in the living room that often, it's not like an everyday thing but I do it occasionally. It's so irritating when it's clear I don't want to talk and yet I'm still talked to. :roll:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

^ I know that feeling. My step-sister used to do that to me all the time. Music is a great way to be away for awhile.
- Amanda
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm a night owl stuck on day shift for the last year and a half....I HATE it...anyway I hate with my whole being morning people who have to come in all bright and cheerful and bug the shit out of me! They act all shocked that not everyone is so happy in the am like they are.I just want to go okay I don't want to hear your singing at five thirty in the am and don't get in my face asking me how I'm doing this fine morning!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I hate professors who talk about how you should read for enjoyment, yet they assign 400 pages of boring books to be read in two days. :roll: Pricks.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.