Hurricane Ike

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

ShatteredDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hurricane Ike

Post by ShatteredDreamer »

Hi everyone. Will ya'll (can you tell I'm from Texas :wink: ) say a little prayer for us folks on the Gulf Coast? We've managed to dodge the bullet a few times within the last few years but this time it looks like Hurricane Ike is headed straight for us. Where I live, we haven't had a major Hurricane like this since I was little and I slept through that one. :roll: Needless to say I'm a little nervous. Now I'm off to "hunker down," as our mayor so eloquently put it. Hopefully I'll be back in a few days.

Shattered Dreamer
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Re: Hurricane Ike

Post by Itzstacie »

Be Safe! I know what it's like, I had to evacuate for Hurricane Gustav and we are getting tropical storm winds and rain from Ike right now.
Kitten88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kitten88 »

I've never had to deal with a hurricane. They are very rare where I live in Europe. But I'll pray for all of you to be safe!
greydestiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by greydestiny »

i feel your pain shattereddreamer, i live on the texas coast as well thankfully not near houston but still close enough to feel some effects. hope you're prepared and stay safe!
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

Howdy Fellow Texans. :)

Good luck with braving out Ike.

SHI
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

my thoughts are with you in these's troubled times
----<--<@

ping x
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Omg! That sounds really terrible :shock: I hope you guys are okay!! Be safe..My prayers and thoughts are with you!
Kitten88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kitten88 »

Today I saw on the news that a huge rescue mission is going on. Apparently a lot of people seem to be missing and the damage is huge! As I said before... You're all in my prayers!
ShatteredDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ShatteredDreamer »

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. We survived Hurricane Ike and I hope to never have to go through something like that again! Right now, most of the city doesn't have any electricity, so everything is pretty much still closed and they are saying it could be a couple of weeks before its restored. We have a lot of the usual, some flooding, power lines everywhere and trees or tree limbs covering the street. I've been through some intersections where the traffic lights are actually missing! Everything looks like a complete mess. Some people have trees on their houses or cars and in the cities along the coast, a lot of people don't have houses and/or cars left. :( Please continue to keep these people in your thoughts. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. Thanks again for the well wishes and support. Maybe, the next time I post anything, it will be from my own computer. Hope to be back in a few.