Everywhere, like, such as

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Everywhere, like, such as

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Miss Teen USA, South Carolina.

'nuff said.

Here.

Okay...I tried the link, and it says something about malformed url? I don't even know.

So, go to youtube.com. Type in Miss Teen USA, SC. And there you go. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure something else out so that you guys won't have to do that. :roll:
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

Hahahhahhahhahahha

Wow.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

Someone in my poetry class is friends with her. . . The only thing I have to say is that a) I'm not from South Carolina, I just go to a school here because they offered me lots of money and b) there are idiots everywhere, not just SC.

She was on the Today Show a few days ago and got a chance to redo her question. It was still bad and you could tell she'd rehearsed the answer many times.

The poor girl will live in infamy. But she gets remembered, whereas . . . who even won?
<center>My Stories
</center>
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

I had hoped it was obvious that my intention wasn't to paint South Carolina natives as idiots, or even Miss Teen SC for that matter. For all I know, she could be a very intelligent young woman who choked on a question. It could have been anyone.

Sorry if anyone thought differently.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

Oh, it was. I think the video is hilarious; I've just heard many times how "That's South Carolina for you" and I thought I'd throw that in there before someone did say that. But I have to say from what I've heard from this girl's friends, she isn't very bright. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, but apparently she still doesn't understand what the question was.

Anyway, I wasn't offended, I was really just joking (and defending from the idea that is frequently made when this view is presented, nothing specific you or anyone else here said).
<center>My Stories
</center>
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

*Phew*

The last thing I wanted to do was offend someone. Thanks for reassuring me.

It would be terrible to base an entire state's intelligence upon one person's shoulders, especially when that person is competing in a beauty competition. (Or, to quote Miss Congeniality, is it a scholarship program??)

I know that had it been Miss USA WV who had answered the question as such, I still would have posted the link, lol. But then, I wouldn't have appreciated a remark like, "That's a West Virginian girl for you," so I completely understand that aspect.

Anyway, just glad no one was offended! Never my intention! :)
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I kind of felt bad for her. I mean, that question was sort of out of left field as far as usual pageant questions go. I don't blame her for getting thrown off a little. I imagine it's a lot of pressure being up in front of all of those people, in front of cameras, and then being asked a question that you are totally unprepared for, it has to be nerve racking. I think I would be stuttering and babbling, too! lol!
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I feel very bad for her. She is under a lot of pressure. I know I couldn't of handled it. She is being scrutinized and made fun of over and over again. I think it's funny maybe the first time you hear it, but after that it kind of lost its appeal and now I just think people should let it go. But that's not the way the world works.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

This is like so amazing, such as like so funny, you know? hehehe :lol:

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.