5 Little Known Facts About You

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:29 am
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby Earth2Mama » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 am

Wow! Now this is an interesting discussion!


Chad - If you father speaks it fluently and can/is willing, then I say yeah, go for it. In this day and age, knowing more than one language is essential.

Roswellian117 - Yes, Mexican Spanish is definitely different from Puerto Rican Spanish as I found out 9 years ago on my trip to Mexico. Oh, the looks I got ... especially when I thought I was speaking the language better than I have ever had before. In any case, Spanish spoken in Spain is different as well. I live in NYC and I swear the slanglish, as I like to call it, definitely leaves something to be desired. They tend to make up words :roll:

Alli - I learned sign language after learning that my grandfather had three children from his first marriage that were deaf. Definitely is a hard subject to learn, but after a while I abandoned learning. I wish I would have kept up with it. Right now, the only thing I remember is the alphabet.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

Image
made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother

User avatar
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm
Location: Somewhere left of center
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby OrangeSky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 am

Roswellian117 wrote:Alli: I speak english and spanish and a bit of french thanks to high school! :lol: did you say you were from california? what part?

Yep, I'm a California baby, just like you. :wink: I was born near Sac, grew up mostly in the Bay Area. If you know anything about the Bay Area, then I can be more specific. :lol:

I can sign but I can't barley understand it despite the 3 years I took in high school. Could that be considered knowing half the language?

Sure, why not? :lol:
Alli
Image

Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby valentinebaby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 am

OrangeSky wrote:
Roswellian117 wrote:Alli: I speak english and spanish and a bit of french thanks to high school! :lol: did you say you were from california? what part?

Yep, I'm a California baby, just like you. :wink: I was born near Sac, grew up mostly in the Bay Area. If you know anything about the Bay Area, then I can be more specific. :lol:

I can sign but I can't barley understand it despite the 3 years I took in high school. Could that be considered knowing half the language?

Sure, why not? :lol:


Yay! I speak/gesture half a language.
Image

User avatar
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm
Location: Somewhere left of center
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby OrangeSky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:50 am

Earth2Mama wrote:Wow! Now this is an interesting discussion!

Agreed.
Alli - I learned sign language after learning that my grandfather had three children from his first marriage that were deaf. Definitely is a hard subject to learn, but after a while I abandoned learning. I wish I would have kept up with it. Right now, the only thing I remember is the alphabet.

Wow. You should try it again. I think it's really worth knowing how to converse in sign. (I should tell you that I'm really best at swearing in sign, but that doesn't always seem appropriate when the person you're trying to converse with is 9. :lol: )

I can sign the alphabet and sing it in French at the same time. It's one of my vast array of random talents that generate me absolutely no income whatsoever. :lol:
Alli
Image

Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.

User avatar
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby Roswellian117 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:53 am

Such an interesting topic!

I live in the BAY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:35 am
Location: Over here
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby RosDude » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 am

OrangeSky wrote:I can sign the alphabet and sing it in French at the same time. It's one of my vast array of random talents that generate me absolutely no income whatsoever. :lol:


:lol:

I can sign the alphabet. That's it.

~Chad~
Image

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby valentinebaby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 am

OrangeSky wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:Wow! Now this is an interesting discussion!

Agreed.
Alli - I learned sign language after learning that my grandfather had three children from his first marriage that were deaf. Definitely is a hard subject to learn, but after a while I abandoned learning. I wish I would have kept up with it. Right now, the only thing I remember is the alphabet.

Wow. You should try it again. I think it's really worth knowing how to converse in sign. (I should tell you that I'm really best at swearing in sign, but that doesn't always seem appropriate when the person you're trying to converse with is 9. :lol: )

I can sign the alphabet and sing it in French at the same time. It's one of my vast array of random talents that generate me absolutely no income whatsoever. :lol:



I agree with this. It's a great skill to have. I've got rusty over the years because I honestly didn't have a chance to use it much, and none of my friends could sign, but it has come in handy over the years, especially when I was working for Motel 6. It was a lot easier than having to write back and forth on a piece of paper. That and just being able to have a conversation with someone that you wouldn't normally get to is cool too.
Image

User avatar
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby Roswellian117 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 am

I can't sign! Maybe A, B, C, D... :lol:

Who's seen The Hangover???? Watching it right now and so far it is really funny!!! So Orange Sky where do you reside at in the bay area?

User avatar
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm
Location: Somewhere left of center
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby OrangeSky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 am

Roswellian117 wrote:I live in the BAY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you'll know, and I won't have to try to explain. (That never works. Have you noticed that? It's even difficult describing where San Jose is most of the time to people who haven't lived there. :lol: ) I grew up in Belmont. Where do you live?
Roswellian117 wrote:Who's seen The Hangover???? Watching it right now and so far it is really funny!!!

Loved The Hangover. I saw it with some of my guy friends. They were the right people to see it with in a movie theater, let me tell you. :lol:
Alli
Image

Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.

User avatar
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Postby Roswellian117 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:11 am

East bay girl. Little town of newark. LOL.


Return to “Life Outside Roswell? (Off-topic)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests